Lifepo battery question

Xray

100 mW
A while back, I was given a 48v 20ah V-Power Lifepo battery. I just checked all the cells as I was advised in a previous post, and they are either 3.3 or 3.4 volts totaling 53.6 volts after charging. Does this mean it is a healthy, usable battery? I am planning on using it with a 750w geared hub motor or 750w BBS02 I have. Will it have enough output? How does Lifepo compare to Li ion in use? I have a 48v 20ah from Luna with Panasonic PF cells and I thought about having both on our tandem trike for touring range.

The voltage means they are not dead and at a healthy voltage level, beyond that the voltage doesn't tell us much about the cells actual capacity or any potential degradation issues, such as increased resistance, but its a good start. Only way to really know if the battery is in good shape or not would be to load test it and capacity test it. Either rig up some kind of load test or connect it to a motor and cell how it performs and monitor the voltage sag and temperature of the cells.

If the pack is in good shape it should easily power a BBS02 assuming the BMS is up to the task.

Back