Light dirt bike, QS 120 70h motor, custom steel frame

I thought you was gonna go austrailia style on us and pop that tyre like a pimple

@overclocker - I seem to have missed it, but what is the total weight of the bike?

Fantastic build and process, I especially enjoyed how this project evolved, and you were not afraid to circle back and redo a part of the bike. Takes huge guts!

Well done

:bigthumb:

Good Day.
First of all let me say that you builded very nice looking bike. Very impressive results!
I wish to build something similar, but only using smaller motor (cyclone 1800-3000w) and different type of battery (23s4p 32700 LiFePo4 ) And I not sure about frame size.
If you allow, can I ask you to share CAD model if you have it or if not maybe you can measure with roller dimensions of the frame?
I see that you have a lot of experience in that area and I afraid that I will do a lot of mistakes with geometry. Your CAD model or ruler measurements will help to avoid a lot of mistakes.
Thank you.

Overclocker,

I am studying your geometry. I've built a couple bikes and interested in making a version with steel tubing. Do you have any drawings of your geometry? Is this the most current one you would use?

LqOIv72.png

If it is still an accurate drawing can you tell me what your wheel base is?

thanks!!

owhite said:
Overclocker,

I am studying your geometry. I've built a couple bikes and interested in making a version with steel tubing. Do you have any drawings of your geometry? Is this the most current one you would use?

LqOIv72.png

If it is still an accurate drawing can you tell me what your wheel base is?

thanks!!
Hello, Owhite.
I afraid that good man loves to share on YouTube his bike, but he don't respond to any question about drawing/cad. (Asked many times on YouTube)
I asked him same thing two month ago) no respond.
I ended up with drawing own model in SOLIDWORKS (I have very poor knowlage of this program) and with help of a man who building bike frames professionally received after month own frame) you may check grabcad. There are all CAD files and two or tree pictures of a bike.
As it my first bike I am sure that there are some problems with geometry, etc... But maybe that will be helpful to you and other who are here from. YouTube.
Hope when war in Ukraine will end I will end my bike , but for now it is stuck in unfinished state.
Good luck..

https://grabcad.com/library/unfinished-electric-bike-2

Attachments

• P20326-022359.jpg
    P20326-022359.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,226
  • P20326-021236.jpg
    P20326-021236.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,229
  • S20326-02365575.jpg
    S20326-02365575.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,220
Great job on your bike and racing success!

user1321 said:
Hello, Owhite.
I afraid that good man loves to share on YouTube his bike, but he don't respond to any question about drawing/cad. (Asked many times on YouTube)
I asked him same thing two month ago) no respond.
I ended up with drawing own model in SOLIDWORKS (I have very poor knowlage of this program) and with help of a man who building bike frames professionally received after month own frame) you may check grabcad. There are all CAD files and two or tree pictures of a bike.
As it my first bike I am sure that there are some problems with geometry, etc... But maybe that will be helpful to you and other who are here from. YouTube.
Hope when war in Ukraine will end I will end my bike , but for now it is stuck in unfinished state.
Good luck..

https://grabcad.com/library/unfinished-electric-bike-2

Hey thank you very much!!

And, on behalf of everyone here in the United States: Slava Ukraini!!

Overclocker said:
my votol arrived in some kind of "park mode" and woudln't even spin the motor. needed some very obscure settings that you'll never figure out w/o reading through that long votol thread

then the config program is very buggy. erratic results w/ certain combinations of values

but if you get it to work it's great. low cost. nice flat size. nice throttle response and curve w/ plenty of control at low speed. regen responds nicely (not variable though). flux weakening

as for size well if you want lightweight then you want a DH fork but overall size of bike is constrained coz there are no DH forks longer than 203mm travel. you can't build a full-size using a little DH fork.

i'm 5'11" btw the bike really is a bit small. my wheelbase is already a bit longer than surron

81549314_569331696982211_3845063669243183104_o (Medium).jpg

Any chance can you post your votol settings? I am having the same issues.
tenor.gif

Quinc said:
Overclocker said:
my votol arrived in some kind of "park mode" and woudln't even spin the motor. needed some very obscure settings that you'll never figure out w/o reading through that long votol thread

then the config program is very buggy. erratic results w/ certain combinations of values

but if you get it to work it's great. low cost. nice flat size. nice throttle response and curve w/ plenty of control at low speed. regen responds nicely (not variable though). flux weakening

as for size well if you want lightweight then you want a DH fork but overall size of bike is constrained coz there are no DH forks longer than 203mm travel. you can't build a full-size using a little DH fork.

i'm 5'11" btw the bike really is a bit small. my wheelbase is already a bit longer than surron

81549314_569331696982211_3845063669243183104_o (Medium).jpg

Any chance can you post your votol settings? I am having the same issues.
tenor.gif

View attachment stable.ini

What about regeneration? How does it work with your settings? Activation only by braking or also when releasing the throttle?

Paulflieg said:
What about regeneration? How does it work with your settings? Activation only by braking or also when releasing the throttle?

there's a little bit of regen when you release the throttle. then i use a momentary push button switch to activate stronger regen (low-brake wire (gray/black) and ground (black wire))

It is to cry for. With the FW2.33 the "throttle" regeneration is even stronger, it seems to me. Very ugly when driving off-road. In my memory, with FW2.23 it wasn't a problem... Because it was so little

Back