List of available e-bike frame kits/DIY frame kits

Nice list. Are there any "stealth" frame kits that look more like a regular hardtail? I'm looking for something that looks and rides (aside from extra weight) like a regular hardtail bike for 500-1000 W rear hub motor. I haven't seen any. Maybe it's because it's easy enough to convert a regular frame. But it would be nice to have a frame that already has the dropouts reinforced, internal routing for wires, etc. for a nice, clean build.

Sounds like a viable product if done and priced correctly. I think someone tried a year or so ago, but wasn't able to execute the concept very well.

cwah said:
What frame can put the biggest amount of battery? I want a 10kwh bike!

10kwh? better build a motorcylce :p

jmwhite151 said:
Nice list. Are there any "stealth" frame kits that look more like a regular hardtail? I'm looking for something that looks and rides (aside from extra weight) like a regular hardtail bike for 500-1000 W rear hub motor. I haven't seen any. Maybe it's because it's easy enough to convert a regular frame. But it would be nice to have a frame that already has the dropouts reinforced, internal routing for wires, etc. for a nice, clean build.

As of now I think the most stealth looking frame kits are Qulbix Q76R, or the HPC evo, for the over the counter bikes. But see below to see one-off bikes by samd.
Qulbix is the one with the most narrow frame, with some clever graphics I am sure you can easily turn that narrow bike to a nice stealth bike. Internal motor, mid drive?

Or contact ES member samd and ask him to do you a samd custom bike. His bikes are awesome and he can make you a stealth looking e-bike that is super strong with strong swing arm. Here is a few of his bikes.

10540238_424508507687657_1134449753_n_large.jpg

29205a061fe311e387a522000aeb4589_7_large.jpg

file.php

cwah said:
What frame can put the biggest amount of battery? I want a 10kwh bike!

If you look at the Maxebike Teleporter XL I think standard is 8kwh. Use custom side covers and you should be able to add the extra 2kwh.
Or put the smallest pack in a "saddle pack" and strap it across the frame when needed.

Seems like the vector Chinese clones are getting popular with builders at ESFB. Specially now that em3ev.com are selling them and made an appearance at Interbike 2015. Even HPC will start offering them as well according to their FB page. Also there are french guys that offers ebike specific FS frames, BHT http://www.bht-bike.com/index.php?id_category=3&controller=category and LMX ebikes http://www.lmxbikes.com/ They've been around for some time even before the Vector frame sets and it's look alike became popular.

@Iantice13 LMX bikes are already mentioned in post #1.
The Chinese clone is now listed, thx for the reminder.

That BHT frame will for now not make the list. As it seems like the price is like 8 times other frame kits. If people have such large budgets I am sure they already know what they are looking for. I can't find anyone that have tested those frames so I don't even know if they are real or not. And for the price of 4200 € I will not put it on the list before I have more info. If people have used that frame let me know and pls send pics of your build or videos.

None of the over the counter bikes have a real working suspension system, give Sam D a message and chop a real dh frame with a patented rear end.
He did this for me from a Giant DH Comp.

Attachments

• 12239358_10153638545765199_8467522431702648982_o.jpg
    12239358_10153638545765199_8467522431702648982_o.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 2,920
Nice bike Cheekybloke.
Well the frame kits do not include rear shock and fork, but that does not mean they don't have a working suspension.
Adding shock and fork gives you what you need, and you can choose quality and strength of those based on your riding style, weight or cash flow.

That said, Samd does beautiful work. He can even help you finding the right donor Down hill frame with complete suspension, wheels, brakes etc.

Great thread Macrib. You can add flux to the list.

BTW, you make me hungry every time I look at your avatar. Love those things.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=69575

macribs said:
Nice bike Cheekybloke.
Well the frame kits do not include rear shock and fork, but that does not mean they don't have a working suspension.
Adding shock and fork gives you what you need, and you can choose quality and strength of those based on your riding style, weight or cash flow.

That said, Samd does beautiful work. He can even help you finding the right donor Down hill frame with complete suspension, wheels, brakes etc.
Cheers Macribs , i did mean the type of rear suspension linkage on the generic frames.
They mostly have a single pivot not to mention some dubious frame and head angle geometry.
You will not find any with a 4 bar linkage that would help eliminate pedal bob.
Fine for road use and cool looks .
The Cheeky one

Hi Cheeky one. I guess for those hard core single track riders, or crazy fast downhillers what you just said makes totally sense. Have a frame as light as possible with best possible suspension. For those who ride off road like they stole the bike or have more experiences with that kind of riding I say go for it. Custom frame will be your ultimate setup.

For us fat asses that really don't like to bicycle because of the mechanical work needed to propel forward motion, e-biking with large heavy hub in a heavy frame makes sense. Because inside those large frames we can stuff enough batteries to make damn sure we don't end up pedaling on the way home. Many will use their e-bike 80/20 onroad, really sophisticated suspension is not a must. I won't say it is not needed as I personally don't know how those two bikes would perform if tested on the same track. But even single pivot swing arm will propel you forward in an efficient matter when you ride by throttle more then you pedal. :)

Just updated the first post. So much time has gone since I first started this thread and so I am probably still not up to date with a full list of all available e-bike frame kits. If you spot a kit I forgot let me know and I will add it as soon as possible.

For the Genesis V2100, we never got production going on the Farfle swing arm, due to cost issues. We did however develop pretty decent torque arms for the V2100. We sell those for $50 for a pair. (For $150 bike + $50 TA's you get a pretty decent starter frame, and cheap "temporary" components to boot. :lol:

The torque arms are used on this bike:

Genesis V2100 2017.jpg

Great list. Any newcomers?

What would be best choice for road/touring ebike. So as road happy/efficient as possible

Edit: I guess its ok if its full suspension, just want to be able to convert it best, to agressive road bike stance

Forgot about this thread. Yes there are a few new ones can't remember from the top of my head. Vector got two new frames, both unlisted here. Then there is frames from eastgem as pointed out a few posts up, still unlisted here :cry:

And I am sure I've missed a few more. I will try to put some effort into updating the first post this weekend if time allows, maybe make a nice collage of 3-4 pics of each frame and make a gif of it? A more visual presentation could be nice.

If anyone stops by this thread in the next few days, have a look at post #1 and let me know if you spot something I missed.

Back