Loaded Vanguard 2015 Dual VESC / Rear 12S

Hey Trb, thanks for the links; I was about to reply him but the links to Benjamin forum is the main source to make things happen!

Hey Pedro,

thanks a lot ! I have also been following your thread closely :D nice project!

to attach the enclosure, I use four T nuts, works fine; didn't have any problem at this time

t-nuts-and-d-nuts-500x500.jpg

for the batteries, I use 3M double sided tape or velcro... or you can put two tiny would stem on each side of the battery pack that you epoxy on the deck and run velcro inside them to ensure a tight fit.

Hey okp, i wonder if you try alien drive dual system with the Enertion Rspec 2 motors and if they are compatible. Also, on your forum i can only access the "Présentez vous " section (i already registered).

Thanks, soon i will have news about my board, that build was just a prototype, the problem is ideas, for now i have like 7 versions for the next build, it's hard to decide

About the battery box, if i'm not mistaken there are no screws on the outside of the enclosure, so you use these screw inserts attached to the case and then screw from the top of the board?

piyiotisk said:
Hey okp, i wonder if you try alien drive dual system with the Enertion Rspec 2 motors and if they are compatible. Also, on your forum i can only access the "Présentez vous " section (i already registered).

no, I am running RSPEC with VESC.

For the forum, this is normal, you need to post a presentation of yourself, your project to access the full content and join the community. I did that to make this like a family community instead just people creating accounts.

@Pedro, I am using M4 screws below the deck, they are black and really stealth :D

okp said:
piyiotisk said:

no, I am running RSPEC with VESC.

For the forum, this is normal, you need to post a presentation of yourself, your project to access the full content and join the community. I did that to make this like a family community instead just people creating accounts.
I was referring to the Alien Motor Mounts not the ESC. My question is if you can mount the Rspec motors to this mount http://aliendrivesystems.com/product/dual-motor-same-truck-5065-motors-and-76mm-80mm-wheels/

I sometimes think like You're reading my mind okp! :D I had same idea few weeks ago, to make super-fast electric longboard using loaded truncated tesseract deck (looks awesome). Is this motor-mount made by Alien? I'm currently stuck with my mountainboard build. Waiting for VESCs from chaka, and also had to improve my milling skills to be able to made nice-looking motor mounts.

Hey Squad,

Yes - it's ADS v2 mount. This one or Torque's bolt on are both nice. I made custom adapters for the Ronin Cast as the hanger is moving 3D :) I did that with filling Polyurethane resin in place then I made a silicone mold and now I can replicate it easily.

I plan to go 18650 Sony VTC5 30A with a 12S4P flat pack on the truncated, full carbon bottom layer and get 6mm inside the board to make it as flat as possible.

I really like the Ronin cast truck over the caliber; they are more turny but paradoxically much more stable at high speed.

enjoy - I am expecting something chirurgical from you! your last build on the vanguard was just SO accurate whereas mine is more artisanal :D

okp said:
Hey Squad,

Yes - it's ADS v2 mount. This one or Torque's bolt on are both nice. I made custom adapters for the Ronin Cast as the hanger is moving 3D :) I did that with filling Polyurethane resin in place then I made a silicone mold and now I can replicate it easily.

I plan to go 18650 Sony VTC5 30A with a 12S4P flat pack on the truncated, full carbon bottom layer and get 6mm inside the board to make it as flat as possible.

I really like the Ronin cast truck over the caliber; they are more turny but paradoxically much more stable at high speed.

enjoy - I am expecting something chirurgical from you! your last build on the vanguard was just SO accurate whereas mine is more artisanal :D

Thanks! I have some ideas how I'll improve my vanguard. I plan to stiffen it a bit just like You did with carbon fiber, and 'll hide flat wires in milled channels in deck. Finally I would love to equip it with VESCs... I made a deal with jamesonotc, to trade my boosted like kydex enclosures for 2 of his VESC, but unfortunately, he received my package, was supposed to send his (wrote this 25.11.2015), but it did not arrive till today, and I'm not able to reach him (last visited forum on 6th dec) :? On tesseract I would go with super crazy gearing to get top speed of 60-65 km/h (or even more :D) This board just beggs to be rode fast! Are you going to order the 18650 pack or weld it Yourself?

Squad said:
On tesseract I would go with super crazy gearing to get top speed of 60-65 km/h (or even more :D) This board just beggs to be rode fast!

hm, Im riding a cantellated tesseract (the tesseract with chopped off front kick tail) and I actually think its a really great intermediate speed board because it can feel so agile and fun with the right truck angles. I can even pump mine quite easily!

I also think beyond 40km/h, carving becomes a little sketchy. can probably go for that speed if you just want to go fast straight, but thats nothing for me at least. I set mine up for 43km/h max with a single motor lightweight kind of build, just waiting for the right weather now and the last part for the case. :)

whitepony said:
Squad said:
On tesseract I would go with super crazy gearing to get top speed of 60-65 km/h (or even more :D) This board just beggs to be rode fast!

hm, Im riding a cantellated tesseract (the tesseract with chopped off front kick tail) and I actually think its a really great intermediate speed board because it can feel so agile and fun with the right truck angles. I can even pump mine quite easily!

I also think beyond 40km/h, carving becomes a little sketchy. can probably go for that speed if you just want to go fast straight, but thats nothing for me at least. I set mine up for 43km/h max with a single motor lightweight kind of build, just waiting for the right weather now and the last part for the case. :)

Unfortunately I did not have opportunity to play with truncated tesseract, but I often see it in this super-crazy-fast downhill edits. I love those, they're getting me hyped for such crazy ride! But You need to have perfect, steep road, with not to much traffic, that's why I think gearing truncated tesseract (especially with ronin trucks) for high top speed would be awesome, it would be like riding downhill but You won't need a hill anymore :wink:

Squad said:
Unfortunately I did not have opportunity to play with truncated tesseract, but I often see it in this super-crazy-fast downhill edits. I love those, they're getting me hyped for such crazy ride! But You need to have perfect, steep road, with not to much traffic, that's why I think gearing truncated tesseract (especially with ronin trucks) for high top speed would be awesome, it would be like riding downhill but You won't need a hill anymore :wink:

its weird how I think that going fast straight is "boring" and "dangerous" at the same time. I feel like a small bump might make me crash into a nearby tree or sign and that I could seriously hurt myself ... and at the same time I feel stupid for just going fast straight. :lol:

sure ! I am going 12S4P with VTC5 cells, two VESCs. I will try to create a new build thread here but I have been fully involved to make E-SK8.FR forum grow lately (not commercially of course but more to share lots of content with its community members)

IMG_4904.jpg

I plan to replicate the tesseract truncated in Airex C70.75 foam and carbon. This will make it light as feather. I am going to make a mold with epoxy of the top/bottom tesseract shape and then press it like that

juz-longboarder.jpg

I did some custom adapters for my ronin cast trucks

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

woah okp, you have been seriously busy! did I understand correctly, that you try to build your own tesseract from airex foam and top/bottom carbon? :eek:

ronin adapters in french colors? ahaha, nice detail :lol: battery is huge man, what speed are you aiming/whats your gearing? did you ever max out your 12S vanguard btw?

keep us updated, so many interesting construction sites!! :wink:

:D

I have been kitesurfing in the caribbean, just ordered the stuff before leaving. I am still waiting for the spot welder, it is delayed due to my local post office.

yes, I am going to build my own tesseract with Airex C75.70, UD Carbon layers for the strengtheness and CF 200mg for the cosmetic. I will dig an enclosure (around 6mm) in the foam and make a carbon cover similar to the one that we have on our Evolve Carbon. At this time I am wondering if a 12S BMS would not be a good bet as opening/closing the enclosure will be a PITA over time. So yes, a DIY tesseract :D

if people are interested I can send some Ronin adapters for free, I usually make some with the remaining epoxy and add some colors :D

I am going for 32/14T or 15T.

I never went full speed on the vanguard, too afraid but I just love the torque so much.

okp said:
yes, I am going to build my own tesseract with Airex C75.70, UD Carbon layers for the strengtheness and CF 200mg for the cosmetic. I will dig an enclosure (around 6mm) in the foam and make a carbon cover similar to the one that we have on our Evolve Carbon. At this time I am wondering if a 12S BMS would not be a good bet as opening/closing the enclosure will be a PITA over time. So yes, a DIY tesseract :D.

Sounds neat. I've never used the foam there (use divinycell) so it might be worth looking into if you need a buffer to help with shear on flex. You sound like you have the layup pretty well sorted, but feel free to run it and the moulding past me before you build if you want.

As for the Ronin, they are a nice truck. A little on the heavy side but I love how the queenpin affects the handling. They are always super smooth and predictable, nice and stable, carves awesomely.A very solid truck all around.

well, in fact I did a quick test today. Seems I don't need any composite mold... I will be just using my tesseract deck protected by a vacuum bag.

video show that the succion is massive and can bend a 3 or 4mm wood panel against the deck.

[youtube]4dDT1OaFx2M[/youtube]

Hopefully it will work with Airex, otherwise I will go with Roarockit plys and replicate my own deck :D

Hey, I will open a new topic soon but here's some photos of my ongoing Tesseract inspired full DIY deck. Airex Carbon. The deck weights 250 grams before theses steps - I will keep you posted with the final weight. This is a first test; it did fail under the first vacuum because of the bag that didn't keep the vacuum, so I was about to put it in the rubbish ... until I decided to give it a try, just to learn from failure.

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4952.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

IMG_4975.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

IMG_4973.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg

IMG_4978.jpg

IMG_4979.jpg

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4982.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

making progress on my builds and still learning from failure. An important point to avoid any misunderstanding, I am not trying to copy or make any commercial profit of a Loaded deck. I just love my loaded boards, I got 4 loaded decks and ride them a lot. I am just having fun with my composites as a total beginner who tries and fails until something work. Everything is made by hand, patience and lots of funny stuff that happen when failing !

IMG_4990.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

Back