Looking for a high powered Geard hub motor conversions kit

I'm hoping someone here can offer some buying advice,

Wants high torque (80 nm) (loved the "pull" of the 8T GMAC with a 52-volt battery and 27.5 wheels)

Top speed an excess of 33mph

I think I'm looking for something that peaks over 1500 watts

I have a 52v battery to pair with the kit

Will be placing it on a 27.5-inch soft-tail MTB

Not all that interested in Regen

Any reason not to go with GMAC if you liked it? You could also probably find the regular mac motor instead of the GMAC though bike fitment isn't as nice.

I have the GMAC 10 and mxus gdr19 (xfc19).The mxus is stronger and can take more power

If you're thinking of light motors then the grin all axle warrants some consideration. Very good motor for this power range.
2-3kw peak, 1000-1200w sustained is no problem. Add ferrofluid and it can sustain a lot more.

1706680568910.png

Fast winding could do up to 38mph in this configuration too.

Add ferrofluid if you need more power than that :)

Won't ever be as punchy as a big geared motor, but it will be a bit more efficient, have less parts to break, and shed heat better which means you can get higher continuous speeds out of it.

Regen would be very useful if you plan to go high speeds. Start really going through brakes at 35mph. Worse if you have hills.

Just a scenario to think about. It's the motor i'd chose for the 1000w-1500w range.

Last edited:
Any reason it has to be geared? You can get the 80n-M and ~35mph with a 5T Leaf DD motor at 52V.

and later, if you decide you want more torque, you can up the voltage and current and have 80n-M at 35mph (accelerate hard at that speed!).

If you're thinking of light motors then the grin all axle warrants some consideration. Very good motor for this power range.
2-3kw peak, 1000-1200w sustained is no problem. Add ferrofluid and it can sustain a lot more.

View attachment 346805

Fast winding could do up to 38mph in this configuration too.

Add ferrofluid if you need more power than that :)

Won't ever be as punchy as a big geared motor, but it will be a bit more efficient, have less parts to break, and shed heat better which means you can get higher continuous speeds out of it.

Regen would be very useful if you plan to go high speeds. Start really going through brakes at 35mph. Worse if you have hills.

Just a scenario to think about. It's the motor i'd chose for the 1000w-1500w range.
I like the All Axel motor alot.

My consideration are
weight
WOT thrust
33 plus mph to keep up with Traffic
I want to be able to Cruise at 28 mph
I have space limitations do BS or PR are what would fit.

I do already own a XF19C that is new and laced into a motor but it's not listed in the motor simulator and has a Z9 plug

I'm open to chasing motors but the All Axel is so expensive (get what you pay for I guess)

My consideration are
weight
WOT thrust
33 plus mph to keep up with Traffic
I want to be able to Cruise at 28 mph
I have space limitations do BS or PR are what would fit.

About 95% perfect match the speeds you're looking for... adequate room to push it harder with statorade etc.
It is expensive as a majority of the motor is made in Canada in small quantities. But it appears to be a very high quality piece and very well engineered.

Big pros over a geared motor:
- better heat shedding when running higher continuous speeds, geared motors are gimped at shedding heat.
- less mechanically complex, typically more efficient due to the omission of gears.
- no problem using regen if you want it.
- quite low rolling resistance, makes the clutch in a geared motor matter less.

I do already own a XF19C that is new and laced into a motor but it's not listed in the motor simulator and has a Z9 plug
I'm open to chasing motors but the All Axel is so expensive (get what you pay for I guess)

Honestly, run it if you got it. That motor sounds interesting.
My concern with that motor is that i doubt it's heat dispersion is much better than a MAC. I'm sure you can hit it with huge power, but if it can't shed the heat better, you can't abuse it for very long.

But the speeds you are looking for are pretty conservative and i think either motor would probably work unless you have significant hills that are long.. in that case i'd say grin all axle with ferrofluid, hands down... outstanding capacity to shed heat vs a geared motor.

Remember your motor is only as good is the Chinese lady working at that bench whining the winding. Maybe it's her first day. Maybe she's been doing it for 5 years and she could do it in her sleep.
It also depends on what batch of Hall sensors and board and trace's ect.

Last edited:
Back