Luna ga 14 ah shark pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah sure man DEAL we will sale you a bms and 4 cells... no problem.

your ticket is at the top and its with me now..... and you never bought before this one pack that we can see. and you picked it up in person at our warehouse in los angelas. My guys tried every solution and you were not happy including sending you a free bms.

you are never getting a replacment pack from us....we want to refund you...period.

So either bring the pack or send it back to us for a refund..... or we will agree to sale you a bms and 4 cells if that will solve it for you.... i might even give you the bms and cells if you can just swear you have no affiliation with etrikes or ebikes4real or any other ebike dealers. I will love to know who these guys are and who they are affiliated with...if anyone can give me that info I will be very grateful. Who are these guys schilling for??

I hate to see ES become polluted with obvious Schills..... i have been here a long time and hate to see this place defaced.

I will give you one example.... ykick has been here for a long time like me and i have a lot of respect for him..... and me and him have never exchanged a personal message that i know of.... and to accuse of being a schil for me is pure wrong and hypocrisy.

Everyone knows who i am....if you are gonna attack my name or my company name then at least have the decency to tell us who you are.

I dont use schills...nobody ever posts for me...i dont hide behind anybody.

ERIC

I have no idea the only guy I know is gcindc and that guy is super nice he helped me with my adaptto with skype. I also bought some stuff from lyen. And icecube sold me my first lipo setup. I've been on ES for a while now and would not have had all the fun I've had without this forum
Look at my post on ES they are all positive. I'm just a avid ebiker. I don't give a crap about ebike store politics I ride my bike everyday for fun.

I have not read whole topic yet but just to be clear: sanyo GA's are rated for 3350mah(even on original packaging).
3500mah rating is just for 'marketing' or reference and not actual output. I have never had cell that would do close to 3500mah. They are in 3300-3380mah range at 5Amp to 2.65volts.
Which is exactly 20amps/4cells = 5A.

One should never rate pack at reference values. Use typical or even minimum capacity stated in datasheet because thats more likely to be true with bms often cutting at 2.7-2.75v.

I can't understand why you wouldn't balance the pack ? This has been repeated many many times. All cells balance to 4.15v or 4.2v. Balance, balance, balance. Ok. Start with a balanced pack. Don't care how much you put in .

Sending a grossly incompetent user cells and a BMS seems like a bad idea. The pack still may have nothing at all wrong aside from needing to balance. After you have a noob work on it, it will be greatly more likely to have something wrong.

broke said:
You guys keep saying balance. the pack was left on the charger for 3 days. I repeat I have no way to balance...
The pack is brand new it should not be out of balance as far as 3.2 to 2.8.

If you have no way to balance, the absolute last thing you should be doing is work on batteries.

Livefor.. can you please keep your negative comments to your self.

What is the voltage setting on your charger? It may need to be a bit higher than normal to actually balance using the BMS.

broke said:
58.8 5a
I'm going to check voltage the pack has been on the charger over night I think all cells will be the same.
If not I'm going to the other side of the island and use my friends imax b6 and charge up bank 1.

That's probably a bit low for the balancing to work. I'd try 59.5V and see if the charger stays on. Normally when the charge current drops to some value, it stops charging, so no balancing can happen. Once the charger stops, so does the balancing. It may be necessary to do a short discharge (can use the bike) just enough to make the charger come on again. Not sure if you can program the Satiator for a lower cutoff current. That would help too.

The imax B6 should work also.

I would like to thank this forum for all your help.
I just got off the phone with Eric from luna.
He spent a hour on the phone helping me. I couldn't have asked for better customer support. I'm very sorry people used my ES thread to slander luna.
Thank you Luna for your great products and support.

In spite of how contentious this thread has been, I have recused myself from any moderation of this thread because I write for electricbike.com. I've always had free rein to write as a wished, but the website is owned by Eric. That being said, the day after this thread came to Erics attention, he made a significant investment in several different types of battery pack testing equipment. Plus, he has hired more customer service personnel.

Every time Eric has been attacked and mocked, he takes the attackers advice and makes his company better. Please keep attacking and mocking him, I haven't had this much fun in years...

Wow, next we'll see USA made batteries!

Etrike, spinning magnets, the real question are you still supporting trump ?
Let's get back to the battery problem for that broke guy. Stuck on a rock in the middle of the Pacific. Aloha.

If the post just before this one gets moved for being OT, feel free to move this one too (politics)...

Trump? For the public record, I feel that Hillary and Trump are by far the two worst candidates to run for the presidency in a very long time. Not just "not as good" as some of the previous candidate, actually very bad. May god have mercy on our souls...

As far as ES member "broke", I thought he had wrapped it up nicely, don't you? I'm having some amusement right now in this thread because...since I can't moderate it due to a potential "conflict of interest", I can post as a citizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back