LVC

Ozzzz

100 W
Hi ES, I was searching for a Low Voltage Cut-off... regulator/'device'
Still setting up, or gathering bits for a 36v 250w Xiongda Hub build, for the rear of a 27.5+ bike, this time with only PAS and e-brake, no HAL, no throttle, no display.

Battery- Circuit breaker- LVC(?) - Controller

Rather than rely on the BMS LVC in the shark pack, can I simply wire in an additional LVC (as a first line 'empty')?

If so, how so? Anyhow, thanks in advance for any advice?

Most (all that I've ever seen) ebike controllers have an LVC built in. If your kit comes with a 36V controller and you use a 36V battery the controller should have an LVC set to the appropriate voltage.

I haven't used this controller, Ok, thanks, I was under the impression the BMS managed LVC. So if it's not considered safe to rely on the 'LVC', my query still stands abt adding a second LVC 'switch'.

Be aware that you should have different LVC voltages depending on the battery type used. Many controllers are set for SLA batteries with a LVC of ~31V. That's fine for SLA, but it should be 33-35V for rc lipo, and 27-30V for an 18650 or lifepo4 pack. Let me put it this way.
LVC per cell.
SLA RC lipo 18650 li-ion lifepo4
1.75V 3.3-3.5V 2.75-3.0V 2.5-2.7V
With the higher value giving you the longer life.

Thanks, appreciated. In short i'm chasing a stand alone LVC device (similar to https://www.baintech.com.au/business-products/battery-protection/product/1403-baintech-low-voltage-cutout-12-24v _ ... with the appropriate, settable, voltage.

I ran my 48v battery by the LVC in the controller without an issue, just trying to make the new 36v built fool proof (amap).

Normally you want the controller to hit it's LVC before the BMS does. The BMS should only be a backup if the primary fails. Most controllers can be programmed to change the LVC or there is a way to do it with resistors.

Something like a Cycle Analyst can be used as a programmable LVC. When you reach cutoff, it clamps the throttle line.

There are some Chinese volt/amp meters with a relay that can cut the load, but those are not made to survive being on a bike.

Back