Manufacturers/Dealers to Gravitate Towards

I have been dealing with paul cell_man for a week now over my MAC 8T build. http://em3ev.com/store/

He found a 7sp for me after it was out of stock
Recommended I use a less expensive controller which will run better with his 50/20 pack the 40a 3077 vs the 4110 , should run cooler.
Upgraded me to a newer cheaper battery charger.
May upgrade me to a newer motor design with a better stattor. (btw, that is coming soon , heads up)
And he has been prompt in his replies. (only a few days between each)

A++ would buy again.

*Edit*
I decided not to buy from cellman this round because of additional fees and my own budget limitations.

pendragon8000 said:
ihategeeks said:
I did buy a kit from ebikes.ca, a 9C kit.
I had tracking information 4 hours after I paid :shock: That is some FAST processing right there.
yeah +1 on ebikes.ca .. Ive been meaning to say they have been really good to me.

+1 for ebikes.ca for me too, bought a cycle analyst and a 9c 2808, sitting on my steps in 6 days.

they have a genuine interest in development and testing in the ebike tech. lots of great info hidden on these boards from Justin's testing.

Ping batteries. For a battery of a few hundred bucks the guy goes right out of his way to help you out if there is something wrong. My 24v battery is playing up and ping has sent me 2 controllers already and maybe a cell. Thats pretty good service and I would definitely buy from there again, and the batteries go good too.

EP Buddy still has great service and very competative prices. I order some Battery Medics and some parallel cable for the balancers and this was on Saturday. They arrived on tuesday and everything works great. Still excellent service.
otherDoc

+1 for Justin at www.ebikes.ca (Motor, controller, etc)
+1 for www.Pingbattery.com

Both had fast responses to emails (and the responses were, gasp, helpful! Who'd have thought?)

Shipping from ping battery to Canada was fine - I didn't have to pay extra brokerage fees, taxes, etc. Yay!

Colin

Any recommendations for battery and motor dealers that ship within Europe? I'm looking for a magic pie 3 (using in-built controller for now) and a 10Ah-15AH lifepo4 battery (running at 48V)... I always seem to end up with a price €1015...

I know I can order from China or the USA, but am worries about getting caught with high import duty taxes....

Any thoughts? :)

You would do well buying from Ilia at ebikessf.com

My first motor I bought from Ilia. It was Crystalyte HS 3540 two years ago. Still runs great!

My recent motor I bought from him, the new and more powerful Crystalyte H40 cruiser or high speed 4040.

Check out his website. He has an online business and now a retail store in San Francisco, CA.

Ilia has a rock solid reputation. Quality components, fair prices and fast shipping.

I will buy my next motor from him.

Brother Paul

Purchased a controller and rim from green bike kit.
Shipping from china to Singapore took 6 days.
However the controller they sent was sensored although the website said it could work sensorless.
Couple of emails and they ask to ship back the wrong controller and they would ship back the correct one.
I suggest for them to pay them for the correct controller and provide free shipping and the agreed.

TIP. ALWAYS EMAIL TO COMFIRM THE SPECS OF THE PRODUCT BEFORE ADDING IN THE BASKET. WEBSITE INFO CANNOT BE TRUSTED!

I am in the market for a high powered ebike kit and I've been considering buying from CNE bikes (cnebikes.com). Does anyone have anything to say about this company? If not, are there any suggestions about where to buy a 3kw to 5kw ebike kit with everything needed to get started? Thanks

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=*cnebikes*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

If you're in Canada, ebikes.ca is THE definitive ebike store/shop/experts. Clearly.

First post here. Just built my first Ebike and am going car free :D I bought the Phoenix 2 kit from www.electricrider.com with a 48v 20ah Life4po. Their service is awesome the battery is very nicely build and waterproof/insulated. The only complaint that I have is the mount for the APM (computer) is a POS. The bolt to secure it to the bars is made of plastic...plastic bolt wtf!!! It snapped during installation.

I would definitely recommend them for anyone's first kit build.

Special thanks to Mark for his patience dealing with my n00bness! :lol:

Gypsy

Oooop. Looks like lots of folks on ES only have one plus sign on their computers. So sad (mine goes up to nine). Anyway, +9 for the God of Thunder (Electricity, etc.) aka Justin.

My kit arrived from Paul at EM3EV,
i was a little disappointed that my ebrake handles didnt turn up, an inquiry promptly came back with i have fancy in-line thingo's instead and funnily enough they work.

I meet other ebikers on the bike paths, and my little 350W MAC and my piddling 48V 11.6AH leaves EVERYONE for dead 25A at ~48V is 1200W less motor and controller efficiency.
I sit on 42km/hr (near enough 20mph) up hill loose a little but not much and with 65km+ range at average speeds of 40km/h (25MPH), efficiency is thrashing them too.

being a noob, i know anyone can build a 40km/h / 25MPH ebike, but not many achieve the range and after reading the makita battery pack thread.....
holy dooley, you'd want to be getting them cheap as lots of extra bulk / weight and pain to build even at $2/cell you'd need at least $250 worth to build a similar pack as Paul for ~$440 which has protection, a carrier, USB output and a warranty to boot with brand new vs 2nd hand cells...clearly a winner!

Hi guys I need a 24 fet 4115 as blown my lyen 18fet 4115 on the e brake. ... cant get through to Edward so anyone else out there? Thanks si

Check Out Calibike.com I picked up a 48v 15ah Battery for $500. It's been solid with minimum drag for about 8 months now. I'm very happy.

Just Ordered a CAV3, 3 speed switch & 12 Fet Controller 7240 from Justin @ http://www.ebikes.ca, I ordered it at 7am on a Friday Morning to be delivered to Australia, on Monday i received the CAV3 & Controller within 4 days and one of those days was a Sunday.

Im Sorry but you cant beat that for service Today.

1 thing i will say if your ordering from ebikes.ca to Australia dont forget a $7.50 part as it will cost over $50 in delivery to get it here. Anyone in Oz ordering anything from Justin as i need a Temp Sensor Cable, lol..

Cellman has been great also having ordered a special shaped 21s5p Battery made from 20R cells "Currently being built"

Ive ordered my Parts from 6 different Shops and very happy with 2 of them, the rest i wont mention due to the thread being "To Gravitate Towards" and i wouldnt purchase from them again.

Controller came busted and after 3 emails and 11 days waiting for a response from Grin im starting to change my mind totally about customer service.

Stumbc said:
Check Out Calibike.com I picked up a 48v 15ah Battery for $500. It's been solid with minimum drag for about 8 months now. I'm very happy.

That is fantastic to hear, I just bought the same battery a couple days ago. For $500 shipped with a charger I figured it was worth the gamble. Plus it's made in the USA.

babyhughie said:
Stumbc said:

That is fantastic to hear, I just bought the same battery a couple days ago. For $500 shipped with a charger I figured it was worth the gamble. Plus it's made in the USA.
I think its more like "Tested in the USA". I looked at Calibike too, but ultimately ended up going with LiPo.

babyhughie said:
Stumbc said:

I actually got a squaretrade 2 year warranty on it just in case. Since battery quality can be unpredictable, I like getting the warranty. My last battery was a vpower 36v cheapo battery. I was at it's max recommended amperage for 6 months and it started dragging BAD. I sent it to square trade, and they decided to reimburse me for the battery.

Back