Marbel carbon eboard

Beets,
Have you tried a sensored setup? Curious as to any difference it makes. My interest would be for other uses, but would be nice to learn more about it. I don't feel a real need for sensors, but it would nice to know there is that option. I guess there were a few posts about it here, must of missed them. I know Bruno sells both sensored ESCs and motors now. Don't know how long he has been doing that.

On the HK ESC the sensored port is different than a standard brushless motor. A "normal" halls sensor has a 5 wire setup. A ground, 5v and phase wires. The Car version has a 6 pin, with an extra wire for temperature. I guess you'd have to buy the sensor harness from Novak and wire it to see what the ESC does without that extra wire attached.

Where was I when everyone found out about the e0design kit? I can't keep up. I'm slow I guess.

dirkdiggler said:
Beets,
Have you tried a sensored setup? Curious as to any difference it makes. My interest would be for other uses, but would be nice to learn more about it. I don't feel a real need for sensors, but it would nice to know there is that option. I guess there were a few posts about it here, must of missed them. I know Bruno sells both sensored ESCs and motors now. Don't know how long he has been doing that.

On the HK ESC the sensored port is different than a standard brushless motor. A "normal" halls sensor has a 5 wire setup. A ground, 5v and phase wires. The Car version has a 6 pin, with an extra wire for temperature. I guess you'd have to buy the sensor harness from Novak and wire it to see what the ESC does without that extra wire attached.

Where was I when everyone found out about the e0design kit? I can't keep up. I'm slow I guess.

Haha I think everyone just ended up typing SK3 Sensored on google and eventually found it. at least that's how I found it. They looked like the same port to me.. Probably have to take a second glance again.

Torque,
So when did you buy the sensors? After you saw the the Marbel board or before that?

It looks like he has been selling the sensor boards for a year or so. Still haven't hear back from him whether it works on the HK 150a. I didn't even see the Marbel board was sensored. I was googling to find out what sensor harness goes fits into the HK 150a and his site pulled up. I had forgotten that the ESC was even sensored. I've been using it in my RC car and quit using it on my board. I was also looking into whether someone had used the ESC for an ebike with the hall sensors attached. I've been wondering why the RC ESC gets no love from the ebike crowd. Since no one here uses a standard brushless controller I found it odd.

dirkdiggler said:
Torque,
So when did you buy the sensors? After you saw the the Marbel board or before that?

It looks like he has been selling the sensor boards for a year or so. Still haven't hear back from him whether it works on the HK 150a. I didn't even see the Marbel board was sensored. I was googling to find out what sensor harness goes fits into the HK 150a and his site pulled up. I had forgotten that the ESC was even sensored. I've been using it in my RC car and quit using it on my board. I was also looking into whether someone had used the ESC for an ebike with the hall sensors attached. I've been wondering why the RC ESC gets no love from the ebike crowd. Since no one here uses a standard brushless controller I found it odd.

Nah, I've had them way before marbel.. I haven't used them though -- too lazy to bother getting them working. Sensorless is fine for me. I don't think brushed would be a bigger difference - however this is coming from someone who hasn't tried it yet :). I'm able to start from a stop on flat ground.

We only use the Car RC ESC's because they have brakes for our boards. Ebikes don't really need it. An the hub motors are much easier to use than a brushless motor setup (more stealth too) so theres point in using brushless motors IMO.

If they are using a Hall kit such as on e0designs, it must be sticking out a bit... why didn't they buy a sensored motor with the sensors inside?

Maybe this is only the prototype and they will get a sensored motor for the real deal.

http://e0designs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/sensboard_asm10.jpg

dirkdiggler said:
Beets,

well i got them working on my dual rear 42mm but then had a problem with the motor casing grinding on the magnet- which was just a manufacture fault..but it was a prototype motor at that point and Bruno had no replacements so he sent me a standard motor casing which was too short and didn't fit correctly this then seem to have an affect on ESC and it stopped working right...then Bruno had to deal with his wedding and a few other business problems he had and i had building work at home so my workshop was out of bounds for 2 months....so it basically is still sat in my workshop waiting until he returns... the small amount of running i had on it..there was plenty of power but i couldn't say if it was any better than a sensorless...what i really wanted from it was the braking ability to be improved..as you all know the braking seems to be dependent on the back signal the ESC receives just before braking..but this is more to do with the ESC firmware and the sensor combined...Hopefully when Bruno comes back in June we can really get stuck in to testing all his new goodies that await him..BMS,Sensor systems and of course the beautiful hand remotes...COME HOME BRUNO- we miss you!!!! lol..

beetbocks said:
dirkdiggler said:
Beets,

well i got them working on my dual rear 42mm but then had a problem with the motor casing grinding on the magnet- which was just a manufacture fault..but it was a prototype motor at that point and Bruno had no replacements so he sent me a standard motor casing which was too short and didn't fit correctly this then seem to have an affect on ESC and it stopped working right...then Bruno had to deal with his wedding and a few other business problems he had and i had building work at home so my workshop was out of bounds for 2 months....so it basically is still sat in my workshop waiting until he returns... the small amount of running i had on it..there was plenty of power but i couldn't say if it was any better than a sensorless...what i really wanted from it was the braking ability to be improved..as you all know the braking seems to be dependent on the back signal the ESC receives just before braking..but this is more to do with the ESC firmware and the sensor combined...Hopefully when Bruno comes back in June we can really get stuck in to testing all his new goodies that await him..BMS,Sensor systems and of course the beautiful hand remotes...COME HOME BRUNO- we miss you!!!! lol..

Currently, Hall sensors are only used to measure the position of the rotor compared to the stator. To be able to brake, you also need to know the speed of the rotor. If you keep track of the position over time, you can derive this, but that would require some extra programming. Also, if then 1 of the sensors fails, you are screwed.

I got an email from e0designs saying that the sensors should work on the sensored RC car escs. Just have to leave the temp sensor out. No promises there. I might order one and wire it up on another project and see if it works on it. Would be a good option for something like a mountain board where you can't push start as well as a longboard.

Hi guy
Cool board
Please dont spam the website or hijack threads.
It is not polite

Sorry for the spam mate, Iv been a long time member of ES my buisness partner/ brother has gone ahead a spammed topics that if personally been apart of, not cool! wheel-eboards has been blocked haha:) I'll tate over the posting!

pics of their board construction,

http://ridemarbel.com/blogs/marbel/18111464-how-the-marbel-deck-is-made

b1d487691283b9f0bd940822e75bacf2_original_grande.jpeg

sk8norcal said:
check out this guy commuting in Boston traffic,

some of the moves he pulled look sketch...

For sure. He is going to get into some serious accidents and law suits riding like that - Through no skill of his own he narrowly avoided pedestrians crossing on the green as he ran a red many times.

I think it would be good to remember that while a skateboard (in Australia at least) is not technically a vehicle, you are using it as a vehicle, so obey the vehicle laws, ie: Don't blatantly run every red light, give way or pedestrian crossing you come to, squeeze between overtaking vehicles, push through crowds crossing on the green. Also, if someone was to door you in a drop off zone like the one he blasted between two cars in, you are screwed legally, morally and physically. Not to mention breaking the driver's arm...

If you want your go fast buzz, go to a mountain and take the ride down, don't risk taking out a pedestrian/cyclist or someone else's car.

sk8norcal said:

Also, that's what I need. The solution to my build time issues for the Baseboard. That, bag a carbon skin in there with a moulded pvc shell and the timber top. I've used the technique for snowboard bindings/pads, so should just be an extension of that right?

Agreed on the "less-than-polite" skateboarding of the Boston Marbel guy. BUT - It is boston though and if you've seen the drivers... ;)

I have a Marbel on order (pre-order = so hopefully by end of Aug). Figure it will be perfect for GF and maybe some light commuting. I'm a bit heavy for it, but hope it will move my 265-270lbs along OK w/ only a single motor.

Anyone else have one on order? Any KS folks who should get it before me and can post back feedback here?

Back