Matching new display with older controller

HomeScape

10 mW
Hi everyone,

My old lcd display broke down and i've bought a replacement. The new display however doesnt seem to work with the controller.

The controller is a 48v somthing and it has 5 cables for the display:
1: Red -- battery + (48v)
2: Black -- battery - (0v)
3: Blue -- F6 on my PCB
4: Green -- F5 on PCB
5: White -- vcc

The controller uses an x8m06-c processor
8e925e0aad.jpg

The new display has these wires:
1: Red +
2: Blue around 20-25v+ depends on if i press the on key and/or any of the 2 other buttons. voltage is unstable, almost as if a capacitor drains after the voltage rises on button press
3: Black -
4: Green ?
5: Yellow ?

The display uses an HT1622 processor, the text on the PCB only says the cable colour

I've got this picture from the seller upon request
2e1dfcc586.png

He then later send me this when i asked which input i should offer the display
453dd7399d.png

-----------------------------------------

When i connect the display to the controller 1:1 with the connector, the display will turn on and off in 2/3 seconds, while holding the power button.
When i connect red to red, black to black the same happens

I've had a setup where if i made 2 connections on the display side, the display would turn on itself, when i turned it off i could not get it back on again without re-connecting the 2 connections. I've fergotten which connection this was, but it involved connecting the blue to either pos or neg, and somthing with either the yellow or green wire to any of the 3 others.

I've found out that when i connect the white vcc on the controller to red, the controller seems to power on. The hall sensor gets +5v on red and the sensor works. The throttle also gets power. However when i connect the red throttle to the green throttle data cable, the wheel doesnt spin. At the moment i do not have a handle to controll the speed with, i'm assuming that connecting red to green does the job, as i've previously used a handle that didnt have its ground connected.

--------------

What i'd like to have is a working controller, the display is an extra. The controller does power up (vcc to pos) but i cannot get the controller to send out an speed signal. This could either be me not using a handle/throttle, and simply connecting the pos to the green data cable doesn't work as a throttle. Or else there is somthing missing such as the 'assist' level which you normaly set using the display.

Second i'd like to have the display to work aswell, mainly to show speed and controll assist levels with.

If anyone could help me that'd be great.

Extra info:
I've opened the old lcd that broke down, do not remember the order of the cables in the connector, but here's what each cable was:
black - neg
red - pos
white - 'DS'
yellow - 'DD' or 'DO'
Blue - 'RX'
Green - 'TX'

there's no chip number, white text on the PCB says SW_LDS831SA8
c5e6e63260.jpg

If the new display is not the same kind as the old display, it's probably not compatible with the controller. You'd need the same kind to get them to work as expected.

I don't know if you can make that display work with the controller you have, beyond getting it to power up.

The controller you can probably make operate at it's default level without the display, depending on it's programming, by connecting the "keyswitch" or "lock" or "ignition" wire on it to battery positive. If it doesn't have one of these, then probably the white wire "vcc" on the display connector is that wire.

However, if it is not, you risk destroying the controller by hooking battery + to it.

At a guess on the new display, the blue wire is the equivalent, and the black is battery - and red is battery +. Again, if they're not, and you hook them up this way, it could destroy things permanently.

Most likely the blue and green on the old display are the serial data in/out between controller and display. No idea which one is in and which is out.

If so, green and yelllow on the new display are probably their equivalents.

You could also look around the forum for threads with LCD in the title and see what wiring others used with similar displays/controllers.

As long as you connect the red black and white wires to the red black and blue, the LCD should switch on and be stable. If you connect any of those wires to one of the data connections, you'll destroy the LCD. The remaining two need to be connected tx to rx and rx to tx, but there's no way of knowing which is which unless the pcb is marked. With those two connected the right way, you might get some basic functions working, but it depends on them having the same data protocols and software that can understand the instructions. Generally, different LCDs from the same LCD manufacturer work with different controllers from the same controller manufaturer.

Back