Methods 100V 100A Programmable Regen Controller

methods said:
Arlo1 said:
methods said:
P.S> Put the fuse external where you can get to it :wink:
Fuse?

Look at his picture. He installed a Fuse.

-methods
Oh yeh its even labled fuse lol :roll:
But whats it rated for? And I have made a feable atempt to find on for me but I need something ~400amps or a ~300 in a slow burn. Even a circut braker would be awesome.

Unless I'm really mistaken, the main current load doesn't go through that tiny fuse (at 100+ amps, the switch would have melted a long time ago)

I installed this small fuse on the switch line to protect the controller (and me) from a short in the handlebar switch or its wire. I think its a 6 amp fuse.

See this thread for more info on high current fuses:

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15225&start=0

ANL fuses seem like a good option, they go up to 300 amps and they are pretty cheap at 10$ for 10 on ebay. If you need more than 300amps, just put 2 in parallel.

I ordered some 200amps to protect my parallel strings of Lipo packs.

El_Steak said:
Methods, any idea how much current goes through that little switch? Is it completely separate from the current pulled from the batteries?

Less than 100mA continuous.

-methods

I've done the Base ad power resistor mod to an 18 fet Crystalyte controller and all seems to be OK with my 100V setup however I noticed the idle current has gone from 2W on my 12 fet to 7W on the modded 18 fet. Is this normal? The case isn't getting warm and I did a 40km ride this morning without any problems.

7W sounds about right. I believe the ignition wire draws about 70mA. If you were running the 12 fet at 100V then 2W seems too low.

Thanks for that. The 12 fet controller was run on 18S LiPo for most of the time and is unmodified. I did run it a few times on 24S though and it still saw 2W at idle. I presume much of this draw is from the power resistors. It looked like the 12 fet controller only has 1 x 2W power resistor where the 18 fet controller has 3 x 2W in parallel. Just guessing here though.

I never figured out how to mod the 12 fet controller for 100V. I presumed I just needed to change out the large power resistor to achieve 600 ohms but I couldn't find any info on doing this to a board with a single power resistor. I am on a steep learning curve here but unfortunately need to be spoon fed a bit when it comes to these type of mods. Also I couldn't work out where the base resisters were on the 12 fet V2 board and I presume these would need to be swapped out with a 2W 3K resistor also.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Here is a photo of my board. (sorry about the poor quality)

Attachments

• IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 3,059
The voltage to price scale is near linear. You have to shop around All Electronics has some great prices.

That white Crystalyte board has been covered ad nauseam - every part is mapped, schematics posted, mods described. I know because I remember when I was a nOoB looking to mod mine. I dont remember the procedure but I remember finding the information.

Check the Technical Reference Area and the Tech Threads -> I think they are even stickied.

-methods

So I just blew up my Crystalyte controller the other day, I had a kit for a 408/4011 Hub with a 36-72V/20AH controller. I was running a 72v setup with 4 fatpacks in series. I know need to buy a new controller and looking for any recomendations on getting one without spending an arm&leg. Any ideas?

Buy one from Lyen.
Check the for sale section

-methods

Yes LYEN is good but if you want another crystalyte check with MAXWELL 57 in the for sale section. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Justin also has an awesome line of 6fet and 12fet controllers available with IRFB4110 fets, quality switches and connectors, 12awg wire, 100V caps etc.
They are designed to be modded to 100V right out of the box.

-methods

Hi methods ! I just finished to translate the new Chienne programmer so ... i need one can test it ! i dont have my programming cable yet ! So ... This is a screenshot of what they look like ! This is the First Release ! I'm sorry for limition on Text ... ( Y = yes ) I have to respect a number of letter if i dont want to corrrupt the progs ! so now PM me if ur interessed to test it ! Tanks

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 931
SWEEEEEEEET! 8)

chxs said:
Hi methods ! I just finished to translate the new Chienne programmer so ... i need one can test it ! i dont have my programming cable yet ! So ... This is a screenshot of what they look like ! This is the First Release ! I'm sorry for limition on Text ... ( Y = yes ) I have to respect a number of letter if i dont want to corrrupt the progs ! so now PM me if ur interessed to test it ! Tanks

Wait a second... Is this for the newest XIE chips?

846 = old
116 = current
Software = New Chip set?

If so then I need to get you in contact with someone right away.
Tell you what - if this works out and it is the correct software we need for the newest chips I will send you a Cycle Analyst for Free!

-methods

Its the 116 Chienesse including EB206 to EB236 ... All in English ... somes display bugs remain ... sorry so i think its very more easy to flash you re controller now !!!

Hmmm.... we will have to test.
I there there may be a new set of chips out that dont respond to the same programming set.

Will have to test ;)

-methods

This is possible, I just added programming cables to 2 new 206 boards and only one will program. I Checked eveything was the same between both boards but only one programs. Is it possible there is different software on the MCU?
Eddie

I dont know if it already existed on older programing software versions but the CHXS version have the Phase current value up to 370A and the rated ( batterie) current to 100A.. not just 57A like in the past version.

It work well for me...

Very nide work CHXS..!!! :wink: eventhough you dont wear an helmet at 80kmp on ebike and twisted your X5 axel by using only one torque arm with 15-20kW setup,,,,,.. you appear to have a brain anyway :p

Very curious.. no immediate need to beef the shunt like before !!!!

.. just reprogram it... ( and ensure the shunt dont overheat!!)

Doc

Doctorbass said:
I dont know if it already existed on older programing software versions but the CHXS version have the Phase current value up to 370A and the rated ( batterie) current to 100A.. not just 57A like in the past version.

It work well for me...

Very nide work CHXS..!!! :wink: eventhough you dont wear an helmet at 80kmp on ebike and twisted your X5 axel by using only one torque arm with 15-20kW setup,,,,,.. you appear to have a brain anyway :p

Doc
hi Doc
just had a search on ES for the software but can't find it can you post it or can CHXS post it all I have is the latest version but with the 57A limmit.

Geoff

geoff57 said:
Doctorbass said:

It work well for me...

Doc
hi Doc
just had a search on ES for the software but can't find it can you post it or can CHXS post it all I have is the latest version but with the 57A limmit.

Geoff

Just search for the CHXS posts you will find what you need :wink: D
doc

You don't really need the higher current settings, you can get the same result by programming as a lower board type e.g. EB212 or EB206.

out of curiosity. I'd like to buy two of those controllers?
Any chance these are still selling?

Hi Methods,
Hi Experienced Users,

Hopefully my questioon is not completely out of topic here!

I am quite new in this forum and I recognised your article about the modfied crystalyte controller. I am writing you in the hope for a little hint into the right direction. I have bought Crystalyte controllers - digital ones with 36V/48A together with crystalyte motors. After assembling all together the bike only runs 5km/h. after some searching I recognised a thred where it was claimed that some controllers where shipped with a software bug. Bcause I directly bought them from Crystalyte China I didnt get any response to my mails there. I decided to reprogramm them by myself. Is it possible to do that or do you need some hardware modifictaions for this to function? Is it possible to programm the original crystalyte chip with the latest stable firmware?

Thank you for your answer!

Best wishes
Stefan
ss@kjion.com

Back