Moonshine's Vector/MXUS/MaxE Build

DasDouble said:
Where did you get your MXUS Motor 4t from? I want to buy one too but I can´t find anyone who is still selling them! :(
Or do you recomment another motor now theses days? (If possible same price)

-Cheers, Elias

Hey Elias, not sure if you are still looking for a MXUS motor but we sell them at Kinaye Motorsports. We have everything except the 4Ts in stock. Should be getting more in the next few weeks with the next shipment from MXUS.

http://kinaye-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/all?page=3

Moonshine, I really like the build. We are discussing stocking the MaxE controller now. I think I am going to do a similar build as you did here to see how it works. Your thread is very encouraging! We have done a few builds with the Vector frame and it is holding up well. We may bring in quite a few more to run some production bikes for sale in the US.

This is a video of our race bike with MXUX motor and Vector frame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJHVL7tU1hc

jmz said:
macribs said:
What motors do you reckon would be a sweet match for the new 14kw Max-e?

Hotrodded QS Motor 205 50H V3 :)

Or possibly even the 273mm motor.

Yeah they are quite good people say. Im pretty shure I will go with the QS 205 50H. Alredy wrote to Vito. :)

-Elias

Hey Moonshine,

Thanks a lot for this thread. I am building a very, very similar project. This thread answered a lot of my questions and even gave me the answers to questions I didn't think to ask!

I am a noob and this will be my first build so I really appreciate this thread. I had a few questions about components that I am unsure about. I am really confused about the headset and rear shock mounting hardware.

How do I know that the headset I purchase will work on the bike? I am looking into the Cane Creek 110 but I am not sure it will work with my bike. What should I look for to make sure the headset I buy will work correctly? I am also confused about the rear shock mounting hardware. I was wondering where you purchased your mounting hardware and what to look for to make sure you get the correct size.

Sorry for the noob questions but any input would be most appreciated!

Thanks

How are you liking the fox rear shock? I currently have a DNM RCP2 with the 500lbs spring, but it feels a bit soft to me. I'm more familiar with the motorcycle world and maybe I'm expecting too much from bicycle equipment (especially a cheapy like DNM). I'm at about 185lbs.

Routybouty said:
How are you liking the fox rear shock? I currently have a DNM RCP2 with the 500lbs spring, but it feels a bit soft to me. I'm more familiar with the motorcycle world and maybe I'm expecting too much from bicycle equipment (especially a cheapy like DNM). I'm at about 185lbs.
Check out EM3EV They are doing shocks with 750lbs and 650lbs springs if you pay the extra 10 bucks you get both

ozman said:
Routybouty said:
Check out EM3EV They are doing shocks with 750lbs and 650lbs springs if you pay the extra 10 bucks you get both
Artur from Vector Team is going to sell them too. Don´t know who will sell it for better price. You have to compare :)

DasDouble said:
ozman said:
Routybouty said:
Artur from Vector Team is going to sell them too. Don´t know who will sell it for better price. You have to compare :)
Awesome will he also have the 750lbs spring as an option?

ozman said:
DasDouble said:
ozman said:
Awesome will he also have the 750lbs spring as an option?
I don´t know. I will ask him. :)

Artur said:
Our price will be 150$ we will have 650lbs and 850 lbs.

Shipping in Germany: 6$ world: 12$

Burner RCP-3

That´s the RCP-3. Not the RCP-2. But Im also going for the RCP-3. So that shouldn´t be the problem.

-Elias

To moonshine:

What changes have you made to your parts list to date?

That's obviously your bike in your profile picture. Did you switch to the Marzocchi Shiver forks? External controller tray? Could you explain why? I ask in an effort to prevent making the same mistakes myself.

That bike in his avatar is a raptor one of his old bikes
steven.b.watts said:
To moonshine:

What changes have you made to your parts list to date?

That's obviously your bike in your profile picture. Did you switch to the Marzocchi Shiver forks? External controller tray? Could you explain why? I ask in an effort to prevent making the same mistakes myself.

steven.b.watts said:
Where did you get your ignition/key switch? I've found a bunch online but don't want to get a junk one by accident

http://www.electricmotorsport.com/ev-parts/contactors-relays/switches/off-on-start-key-switch-kit.html

Torque Raptor, Cromo V3 in 19" prowheel, Kelly KBL96251, 24s4p (SOLD)
Actually i never started a build page for this. I just hijacked the raptor owners thread.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48089&start=425 Link for the thread. Page 18 and 21/22 have some pics

Giant DH Comp, X5404/Cromo V2 in 26" rim, Kelly KBL96251/Lyen 18fet, 24s4p (SOLD)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40031

ab28223cfb191e6f0a4037214cfda779.jpg

Still going strong without any issues!

Can't wait for the new MXUS 4T w/ curved magnets. Black spokes this time. I'll ask to upgrade my wires even more so than the factory 4mm^2.

The cool thing is I'm in love with my current 4T and have had no issues! I guess it would be nice if it dissipated heat a little better...I haven't had the balls to unmount it, take it apart, drill perfect holes, coat it with T9, seal it back up and remount it again....

Which makes me wonder what I'll do with the new mxus....I feel like whenever you drill holes in the cover it decreases the life span of the motor (this isn't even anecdotal, it's just me saying shit). I rarely overheat mine. I get them hot, but then slow down. Am I wrong to think when you drill holes and let dirt/shit/rocks in they destroy or eventually destroy halls/phases/laminations/magnets??

Maybe I'll do that statorade stuff (experimental cooling juice from ebikes.ca). Or maybe the mxus' new larger axles will allow cooling options (I have yet to see a successful and not super duper involved cooling project). The only person I can think of is doctorbass.

Oh and the freakin new Max-E is like 745!!! Holy frack! Did I pay that much for my maxE? Maybe? I don't remember....

Oh...forgot...

1. Work on a way to actually use my 7 spd freewheel...how?!! The chain like would get so jacked up if I went to the first spd.

2. Epoxy the kickstand cause it keeps coming undone.

3. Maybe update my maxE firmware? Don't really wanna frack around with that shit though. What if I brick it?

4. Get all terrain road tires. The shinko 241 is ok...but the Kenda nevegel is not. I'm destroying the treads. I don't want hookworms either. Something in between for trails too. 26". Any suggestions?

5. Shedding some weight. Work and the new baby is making me lose weight. I'm also running a little more often now so I dropped 10lbs. How can I do that on the bike?

6. Last and most importantly help me welcome my newborn son! March 28, 2016 !

Happy Baby-Owner :D Now you´ll be able to spend your time somewhere else then just on this forum XD

the wife's getting antsy about me riding nowadays....I really hope she doesn't make me sell it....

I've been wearing a DOT helmet. What more could she want?!

What?!? Don't go outside it's dangerous! :lol: My buddy just had his first kid 3 weeks ago and we're attending his first motorcycle track day in a couple weeks :twisted:! Maybe get a full leather suit when you ride lol.

Back