Motor won't work under load

Gary786

10 mW
Hello everyone,

I need your help. My 500W geared hub motor won't work under load.. Under no load it just works fine. I'm not sure what went wrong in the middle of the road. I checked the hall sensors, they are fine. Can anyone here help me with some troubleshooting? Battery BMS is just working fine as well. I checked all fuses they are working as well. I checked all wires. They look good. Please help

What specifically does it do or not do, that it didn't do or did do before the problem started?

What happened between the time it worked and the time it did not? (especially if different than usual)

"won't work" can mean a lot of things to different people, from not spinning to making wierd noises to smoke coming out, etc. ;)

The more info you provide, the more likely we can help; we can only know what you tell us.

Is your battery charged?

What specifically does it do or not do, that it didn't do or did do before the problem started?

What happened between the time it worked and the time it did not? (especially if different than usual)

"won't work" can mean a lot of things to different people, from not spinning to making wierd noises to smoke coming out, etc. ;)

The more info you provide, the more likely we can help; we can only know what you tell us.
Problem started while I was riding. I stopped at the red signal.. When I tried to accelerate again.. It jerked twice and now it won't work at all..

Yes battery fully charged.. When I connect the learning wire.. Motor works normally
Problem started while I was riding. I stopped at the red signal.. When I tried to accelerate again.. It jerked twice and now it won't work at all..
My 500W geared hub motor won't work under load.. Under no load it just works fine.

Since it still works with the learning wire, and works with no load, then "wont' work at all" is not true. It just doesnt' work with your usual control method, and/or doesn't work as usual, etc.

Being as specific and accurate as possible about all of the conditions under which things work and don't work, and exactly how they dont' work is much more likely to help us help you find the problem. As I said before, anything you don't tell us, we don't know. We can spend a lot of time guessing this and that, but details from you are much more helpful in helping us help you.

So...how exactly are you testing it "under no load", where it "works fine"?

How exactly are you testing it "under load"?

Is it being tested using the throttle in both cases, or is it a different control method for one test vs the other?

Are there any other differences between the two test conditions other than that the motor is not loaded (offground?)?

Are there any other differences between the two test conditions other than that the motor does not spin in one case, and does in the other?

What are the exact symptoms when it isn't working? Does it not respond at all? Does the system turn off when trying to make it work? Does the voltage on the controller input from the battery change when testing in either case? If so, what does it change from, and change to?

Etc.

Thank alot guy for your help.. It was the hall sensor on throttle that was at fault.. Everything seems to work just fine now. Thanks again

May i ask if someone could explain to me how it's possible the hall sensor on throttle be the issue for the hub motor to work without load(lifted) and with load but no power to move the wheel.from my understanding the hall sensor on output pin just raise the voltage as the magnet field gets stronger and sends that information to the controller or I'm wrong? Thank you in advance to all. I'm asking because i have same problem with my hub and this days u will try spare one to see if it solved my problem.

Last edited:
Back