Mototec 36V 1000W Battery Upgrade concern 35Amps Max? LifePO4 battery better? Motor overheat? 35A Fuse?

JA22

1 µW
Hello,
I've got a Mototec 36V 1000w dirt bike, and speed and range are the needs, but obviously my budget would be 500-600 dollars. So Im looking for a 36v 20 to 30AH battery but ive seen this:
1712478123222.png

1712478560624.png
1. for the normal charge current, can I charge it with a lower amp charger? like 3A? (I know it will take a long time)

3. does this mean that when I'm cruising at max speed, 0 acceleration, the max speed being supplied to the controller is from 12.5Amps out of 25 amps from the battery? is there any way to get the fastest speed from the batter without damage to supply a controller max of 35 Amps? (Mototec 36V 1000w controller)

4. Or is this Cruising speed max speed (# 3 above)

5. For the mototec dirt bike, the bike has an inbuilt, stock fuse connecter at 35A. If I use this 25AH max peak 50Amps battery, will thiss keep blowing the fuse? Or will it not blow if the controller asks less than 35 Amps? (Also its 35A +-1A shown on the controller)

The only thing this guy did was change it to 48v 10ah saying the only problem was the heat to the motor not being dispersed, so he only bought a heat sink. I aint buying that.

But he has got other mods he's done to it

Hello,
I've got a Mototec 36V 1000w dirt bike, and speed and range are the needs, but obviously my budget would be 500-600 dollars. So Im looking for a 36v 20 to 30AH battery but ive seen this:
View attachment 350619 View attachment 350620
1. for the normal charge current, can I charge it with a lower amp charger? like 3A? (I know it will take a long time)

5. For the mototec dirt bike, the bike has an inbuilt, stock fuse connecter at 35A. If I use this 25AH max peak 50Amps battery, will thiss keep blowing the fuse? Or will it not blow if the controller asks less than 35 Amps? (Also its 35A +-1A shown on the controller)

You can charge the battery slower without a problem.

But you can't use a battery that's less capable than your system needs. If you don't know the actual current used by your system under your riding conditions, the new battery has to be the same voltage, and *at least* as capable as the original, and preferably with greater capacity (Ah) and greater current (A). If you want more out of the system than the present battery can supply, then you have to get one with enough greater ability to do the extra you want.

There are other threads discussing battery upgrades or replacement for various systems with posts from me that you can look around for with more detail, if you need it.

If you are blowing fuses, it's because there is a problem with the system, and you need to find and fix that first.

3. does this mean that when I'm cruising at max speed, 0 acceleration, the max speed being supplied to the controller is from 12.5Amps out of 25 amps from the battery? is there any way to get the fastest speed from the batter without damage to supply a controller max of 35 Amps? (Mototec 36V 1000w controller)

Amps don't directly supply speed. Voltage and motor windings do that, but you need a certain amount of power (A x V = W) to do a certain job. See the simulators at ebikes.ca for how this all works, and to figure out how much power and capacity you need for your specific conditions and speed/range/etc.

There are a lot of threads that discuss the details of all this, if you read around.

Back