MW SE 1000-24 Power supply

Diamondback

10 kW
hi all.

im still looking for a decent PSU for my newly acquired Hyperion charger.

i was going to purchase the 47A 24V unit from maxamps, but ive read a load of bad things about that one,
and it seems that the way they have set that one up, there is the potential to shock someone, as one of the PSU's is floated away from ground.

what's the poop on the MW SE-1000-24 ?

it's a little less current at 41.7A (but it's more than enough i think)
it's a little more expensive, though not my much once i factor in shipping costs for both.

i know that there are members on this forum that are using MW PSU's.
this is potentially my first one, are they easy to set up (wire up etc) will i need to mount the PSU in a case to prevent
accidental contact with live wires etc ?

any info would be very useful. thanks.

Jason.

The HP ESP135 server supplies with internal DC ground removed are going to be the most cost effective solution, and likely the best quality.

Those server supplies are very well made. Removing the AC ground is silly, you can pull the DC ground from the chassis and series them all you want with a grounded chassis. They do 47A all day, no problems. They are a little loud, but thats about it.

i ended up buying the MW SE1000-24 power supply.
i found a good price.

im not one for moding mains powered stuff.
i know that i could have saved a heap of money if i got the server supplies and modified them myself,
but as i said, im not into mucking around with AC powered stuff.

had one too many 240V kicks to continue playing with it.

Jason.

Ah, you're in one of those non-US countries that run a bit more substantial voltage.

Understandable, I feel quite comfortable working with 120VAC, but 240 starts to get nasty.

Back