My new E-Toy!

Skalabala

1 kW
:mrgreen:
Hi members.

I just bought a brand new electric scooter for R800(think that is about $75)
I will update as I find more out about it! Just so excited to share it with you guys that I have not unwrapped it yet :oops:

First I have to add that yes it is brand new but manufacturing date is a long time ago.

Ok. It is brushed motor, at least I knew this before I bought it :lol:
The motor is MY1016 2500rpm 500W :?
Controller is 36V 40A!! :shock:
Batteries are 3X12V 17AH SLA all seem broken, I knew this will be the case before I bought it. SO its time for some epsom salt :mrgreen:
Will add some pictures later

Some pictures :mrgreen:
2015-05-25%2018.22.34.jpg

The battery :oops: :lol:
Cells grouped
2015-05-24%2016.59.33.jpg

Finished 11S11P
2015-05-25%2018.00.40.jpg

The battery is from cells I charged a year ago.
It sucks to be honest... Cells might need a charge. They dropped from 4.10V+-0.01 to 4.05+-0.01 after about 1.5km of driving

Thanks for sharing

nice 11s11p rainbow bomb

they looks 121 cells from different brands / cycles number / life span / chemistries..

I'm sure the pack won't blow up while you are driving it because lithium-ion cells are very safe while discharging, but..
you should take really care while charging that :|

It looks that neither there is a BMS installed or some LVC / HVC voltage buzzer.

Do you charge the whole pack at once with a 11s 36V charger?

Thanks for the concern bud :mrgreen:
Yes not the best battery but I did group them OKish :lol:

Charging will be done on each parallel bank. I am a bit scared to charge it straight up.
Will do a cycle or three before I will attempt to charge the whole pack.

Yes no BMS... I live in South Africa :?

Skalabala said:
Thanks for the concern bud :mrgreen:
Yes not the best battery but I did group them OKish :lol:

Charging will be done on each parallel bank. I am a bit scared to charge it straight up.
Will do a cycle or three before I will attempt to charge the whole pack.

Yes no BMS... I live in South Africa :?

that's at least reasonable, you shouldn't never charge the whole pack at once with a bulk charging :roll:

Do you mean you can't buy BMS from Ebay / Aliexpressif you are in South Africa?

Do you have any shipping issue?

Yes shipping is a pain. And the (insert swear words) of the post office is always "striking"
The whole country is always striking... :evil:

Can I use two 6s RC chargers? :D

Want to add that after the test drive the motor and controller did not heat up at all :D

Drove a lot with it today and the battery is at 43.5V Seems to work ok I suppose.
It is just so slow :lol:
Everything is cold after riding. There is a 30A fuse on the battery positive that goes to the controller. Looking at the fuse I cant see how a lot of amps can get through that tiny wire :lol:

Split the pack in 6s + 55 so you can easily charge it on cheap RC balance chargers. The voltagr drop was not high, voltage will drop very quickly from 4.1v to 3.6v and then it will remain at that voltage for a good range. Dude, 80 dollars for this beauty is a stab, very cheap!! You can find more cells *for free* at notebook mainintence shops, they usually have many batteries that have no use for them with 1/3 dead cells and 2/3 of good cells. Once i got 10 notebook packs for free from same store, if you go all around the city you can build a monster.

mateusleo said:
Split the pack in 6s + 55 so you can easily charge it on cheap RC balance chargers. The voltagr drop was not high, voltage will drop very quickly from 4.1v to 3.6v and then it will remain at that voltage for a good range. Dude, 80 dollars for this beauty is a stab, very cheap!! You can find more cells *for free* at notebook mainintence shops, they usually have many batteries that have no use for them with 1/3 dead cells and 2/3 of good cells. Once i got 10 notebook packs for free from same store, if you go all around the city you can build a monster.

Thanks bud :) But 3.6V is empty voltage? Or at least I am not planned to take them past that :eek:
I still have about 20 unopened packs so I might get lucky with some extra cells :mrgreen:
Thanks for the answer on the charging! That was exactly what I was hoping for!

For now I have fitted the battery and controller on my original E-bike http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=58634&p=876989#p876989
And it is really moving now!

At the moment I do not have any figures on speed but a thumb suck will say the scooter does 25kph

Somehow I have miss counted a few laptop packs :oops: I have 50 unopened ones!
However there are a few packs that are really old, cells with less than 2000mah factory spec

After a lot of use on the battery the parallel banks are between 3.81V and 3.83V Is that balance to far of?
And what can I consider as empty?

Back