Nanjing far driver controllers

Does anyone know what "LimitSpeed" does? It doesn't seem to limit any speed

Attachments

• settuhbg.PNG
    settuhbg.PNG
    66.9 KB · Views: 177
Jacka98 said:

It definitely does limit speed; I've used it to do so. However, the RPM for a hub motor is off by a factor of 4. I posted a comment earlier in this thread detailing how to use this parameter to limit your top speed.

Edit: at least I think it did. Might have been on another forum

Jacka98 said:
Right, so if I'm remembering correctly, you basically put your tire diameter and the desired speed into this calculator.
https://www.omnicalculator.com/everyday-life/rpm
It will give you the corresponding RPM. If you're using a hub motor use the tire RPM result, but multiply it by (probably) 4 to compensate for the fact that the app is kind of built to expect a mid-drive motor, and enter the result in the parameter. There's
more about pole pairs in the adjustment instructions PDF that can be found at the Google drive link shared several times here

j bjork said:
If you dont ground either low or high you end up in mid..
With my controller I got a bridge you could use to ground the high pin to be in high all the time, if you dont want to use a 3 speed switch.

You are quite correct. I have done some testing and my throttle is definitely governed by what I set my mid value to. The good thing is i can play around with the rpm limit of the mid to set a 50km/h speed limit so I can get my bike registered as a moped. Just need to play around with different RPM's till I get it matching 50. I have done some testing, tried 1000rpm, it was funny, accelerated as good as ever then just stopped at about 10 km/h and put putted along.

hello guys i need some help as i said
I'm attaching everything I have now
I would like to go 10km/h faster
and activate reverse
thank you all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213-183144.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-183144.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20230213-183205.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-183205.jpg
    809 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20230213-183214.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-183214.jpg
    765.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20230213-183223.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-183223.jpg
    768.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_20230213-183233.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-183233.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20230213-183247.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-183247.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20230213-183255.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-183255.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 129
credendario said:
and activate reverse
thank you all

Regarding top speed: your max speed setting is high enough that is almost certainly physics that's setting your top speed, not the controller. For example, my 12kW motor pushed by a 72V battery with an 86kg rider on a 24°c day has a top speed of around 153kph. But when I weighed 95kg on a 15°c day, my top speed was only 138kph.

the problem that does not go beyond 115 km per hour
forgive me what is the parameter to increase ?
Thank you

credendario said:
the problem that does not go beyond 115 km per hour
forgive me what is the parameter to increase ?
Thank you

You need a stronger motor or higher voltage battery. There's no parameter you can increase that will change physics.

but how is it possible that with a motorcycle with a 5000 watt motor and a 72 volt battery it manages to go 120 km per hour
And this doesn't even come with a 10,000 watt motor?

credendario said:
but how is it possible that with a motorcycle with a 5000 watt motor and a 72 volt battery it manages to go 120 km per hour
And this doesn't even come with a 10,000 watt motor?

Gearing?
What rpm does your mid motor actually have at top speed? Can you go with a 10-15% smaller rear chain wheel / belt pulley?

credendario said:
and activate reverse
thank you all

That sure was a pain in the butt to read on a big screen, these images are way too big! :lol:

I think you did not enable flux weakening, which is named "WeakResponse".
Usually enabling flux weakening helps a lot with top speed, so try this first.

hello and thanks for the help
I tried to change that parameter but nothing
Reverse gear also doesn't work
I'm afraid it's the firmware blocked by the parent company
I'll have to find a new firmware

I doubt its firmware issue.
For field weakening to work have to you tried 1,2,3 modes? Are modes activated? There is eco and sport modes. Have you tried to change, set sport mode. Sport and eco probably it is more to do with throttle response or amps ramp up.
For reverse you need to short two wires. There is dedicated plug/connector coming out of controller.

Hello ALL 🖐

where i can find for a far driver ND72850 the :
1. pc softwere
2. android APP

??
i could not find it, not even at the far driver site :(

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, can anyone out there tell me how to do the auto learn on my FarDriver in concise, simple English? I have it connected via Android/ Bluetooth and it runs great on test bench with 5k throttle pot. 21S battery (~72V). As it is, in Line mode throttle, it spins to 5 k and is very nice response.
I can't figure out the simple order of events. Do I hit auto learn then hold throttle wide open (Full throttle) or what? Then what? Again, I hate to sound dumb but I can't for the life of me figure out WTF the Chinglish instructions mean (Loosen the throttle? WTF?)
Thanks. Its a nice new controller, 350Amp, 72V with 5000 watt SIA motor combo. Quality seems awesome but the instructions...grrrrr
Nostroke

hello

for the fardriver controller (in this case 72850) , i saw in the Wiring diagram that we have a option for Cruise or boost

what is the diffrent between the two and same question for the 3 gear.?

i will need to connect GRD , correct ?

guys i hope someone could help me, i tried to run the fardriver software on the pc, i usualy use the phone with bluetooth, i managed to connect it but it doesn't let me adjust the overvoltage neither the restore voltage , it's grey so i can't click, while it does let me adjust some other settings, might be a silly question, but i tried for a long time and i can't change it. thanks guys

Attachments

• received_531803698938635.jpeg
    received_531803698938635.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 12
Hello, I also have a problem with setting up this driver. I described everything in the post and I will be very grateful for help in tuning it :) Best regards

Does anyone know if there'a anything in the app to fix the speedometer from over reporting your speed? I'm going 80kmph but it shows 120kmph.

Nanjing Far Driver controller ND72850 limits the output power to the motor at 0 RPM. I am suspecting integrating RC circuit inside built-in. Anyone has had an experience fixing this issue?

What do you mean by limits power at 0 Rpm,? Does the motor turn or not?
What power level do you expect at 0 rpm?
As you have a very low voltage at a standstill there is no possibility of delivering power levels like 20kw or more.

Back