Need some serious help please! (newbie in the E-bikes world)

Hello everyone

I'm Uilleam from Perú.
Recently I have been interested about buying an E-bike to go to the places I need faster (like university, market, going around simple routes) - (using car in my country is totally useless because of the insane and ridiculous traffic of everyday).

Well, I have been watching a few videos on internet, reading some posts and websites about different e-bikes topics.
And after some days of research I finally decided to buy a 8fun Mid Motor!

But! I can't decide between the BBS02 750W or the BBSHD 1000W!. I can't decide basically because I don't know if there is any significant difference between this two..

Well, my needs are not something extreme at all, I just need the E-bike to go to the university and move around the city (for now).

My speed need is: 30-35 mph max
My current bike has 26" wheels and 68mm bottom bracket
Need a battery that last for 35km per charge

My biggest concern is that I need a e-bike that can really last very very long without need to change its parts frequently (because its very difficult and expensive to buy something on internet and bring it to Perú).. (Iv heard that the 750w needs to replace parts when 3000km). Maybe the 8fun 1000w is more resistant?

Other newbie questions about things which are still not clear to me:
- Whats the controller and what is it for?
- Whats the BMS and what is it for?
- Can the 8fun 750w/1000w mid drive handle a battery with more than 48v? what would change if using..for example...52v battery? is it possible?

Hope not to annoy anyone with this newbie questions!

any kind of help will be truly appreciated

Thank you all!

If you want a system that will last, go with a 48V 1000W DD hub motor kit. For 35km at 30 mph, you'll need a 20ah 48-52V battery pack. Slow down to 20 mph and you can get by with a 12ah pack.

True, but I suspect that in Peru, he may have some steep hills to climb, making the mid drive a better choice as far as the riding goes.

You will need 1500w for the speed you want, AND, likely your chains gearing will not be high enough for that speed. So now you have a conflict between your need for speed, and reality.

If 25 mph is more ok, then either bafang will work. If you really need 35 mph, then you need a direct drive motor, but run it on 72v.

Uilleam,
We appreciate your interest in Ebikes, but I feel I need to tell you the truth.
You can buy a new 200cc China motocycle for $1500 to $2000 US, de verdad?
Please buy one of those as you will spend more for an Ebike that will never be as good and safe for the roads and traffic you have.
And almost for sure an Ebike will be stolden.
I lived in Latin America for 15 years and I know what I am talking about.
Maybe an Ebike later for a hobby.

Oh thanks you all for the help
But I still don't understand how can I use a 52v (or more volts) battery on this 750/1000w 48v 8fun? Does it need something special to install a battery with higher volts than 48v or how?

Thanks!!

Back