Neematic - 20kW middrive bike

Yeah running coolant via frame no doubt will work, but by far as efficient as running a radiator.

macribs said:
@Team Neematic is there any public release day sat? I mean when will you present the bike in all its glory for the public and list the specs?

Have you sat a date for when this bike will be available to purchase? Are you going to market this year? Or will bike geometry, component sourcing, design choices and what not for sure make it hard for you to start selling this bike this year? A little more info on your web/face/insta would go a long way. With this little info it is almost impossible to make up the mind to trust your ideas to materialize into an actual buyable product, or to have a more skeptical approach not getting excited before the bike is designed, manufactured and ready to be bought , or turn into vaporware altogether.

You are upping the bare so much on this build both in terms of power, motor placement and quality parts I really hope you will make it into production, but I fear the bar is sat too high so you wither wont be able to prevail according to your own claims, or that you will have to make drastic changes to the specs to meet a price point people actual can afford to commit to. I mean the m55 e-bike is a nice bike. But not for regular people. A stealth Bomber is also nice, and could be have by most people if people prioritize the bike. I hope to see Neematic in the latter group. Still opting for quality parts.

Hey macribs - many thanks for raising good questions!

My name is Justinas and I'm in charge of our market entry, helping Linas and Domas bring this electric monster to life. Feel free to contact me directly via justinas@neematic.com

Let me tell you more about our plans this year. Currently we are finalizing and testing the prototype you can see in pictures - and we seem to be very close, though motor/controller adjustments are taking more time than we would like.

Overall, this prototype is very much based on previous learning Linas and Domas had with ebikes and motorcycles, so we feel we know most of the unknowns...

As soon as we have some final hypothesis confirmed with the current bike, we will assemble next prototype versions, with small adjustments and improvements. This will be followed by testing sessions in different markets (we are looking at Nordics and UK to start with), engineering and design validation.

The production version should be ready after design is confirmed and this is when we'll launch preorder campaign. Our current expectation is to have it started in July this year and deliver the first batch of bikes early next year.

We share your opinion on the pricing. It cannot be confirmed yet since a lot depends on specific components and quantities. Obviously, we stand for top quality and world-class components and this is something we will not compromise on. But definitely we are working hard to ensure the price is rational and we're looking at half of M55 rate at least.. we will get everyone informed as soon as possible.

1abv said:
Hey there fellas have any of you had any issues with the coating on your forks wearing? totally smooth but the color is getting thinner toward where the seals ar. I'll snap a pic. Bushings maybe?

Hey! We do not get anything like that on ours. However, we did not do too many miles on them yet!

Still wondering how its going...

Looks like prototype has variable regen, sweet.
Some pointers i would like to address from my perspective. If the price if around half of that M55, i would loose cheap chinese voltmeter and other cheapish switches/controlls.

Neematic, ready to share more details?
And I hope to see a video any day now :)

A truly awesome bike and fantastic engineering :)

damn thats a fine bike....its like the bike i am sitting with in my head, the only diffrence is not that much kw, and they use a pinion-drive....i was planning to go with a rohloff and a ligther rv120 short from revolt . If the price is right a maybe consider to buy one, anybody already know what power it has?

Hi Justinas - great project. Excited to see it come to production.
You mentioned it hopefully coming at half the price of a M55. That is still full RRP of a Ducati.

Would you guys consider releasing a frame, motor,rear wheel combo here? Call it a Developers kit.
Imagine all the test configuration and riding this community could do for you guys. The feedback and development that could occur could fast track your RnD by years. Costing you nothing!

Look. I know it's your baby and your looking for full control over the project. but consider the open source model of business and volume production benefits of your proprietary gear. Place your businesses emphasis on the stuff they YOU make and let the market pick their batteries and bicycle components.

Cheers

-Bugsy- said:
Hi Justinas - great project. Excited to see it come to production.
You mentioned it hopefully coming at half the price of a M55. That is still full RRP of a Ducati.

Would you guys consider releasing a frame, motor,rear wheel combo here? Call it a Developers kit.
Imagine all the test configuration and riding this community could do for you guys. The feedback and development that could occur could fast track your RnD by years. Costing you nothing!

Look. I know it's your baby and your looking for full control over the project. but consider the open source model of business and volume production benefits of your proprietary gear. Place your businesses emphasis on the stuff they YOU make and let the market pick their batteries and bicycle components.

Cheers
+1 to this ^^

Stealth tried to keep it all in-house, but ultimately caved and released the Flux after years of us requesting it. So far I think it's been a pretty good success for them selling just the frames.

Cheers

agniusm said:
Looks like prototype has variable regen, sweet.
Some pointers i would like to address from my perspective. If the price if around half of that M55, i would loose cheap chinese voltmeter and other cheapish switches/controlls.

Hey guys! Do not rush for conclusions about the pricing. It will as competitive as possible given the components we use... We'd like people to choose Neematic instead of anything similar in the market.

macribs said:
Neematic, ready to share more details?
And I hope to see a video any day now :)

Sure! Videos are coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcB67easfUk

izeman said:
you guys know how to tease ppl. :) you show only some photos and then disappear again ...
i. want. one. really. badly.
too bad i already have too many bikes and can't afford another one. but if i would buy one, it for sure would be one of those!

Thanks :) Teasing is not intentional - we are a small team fighting in multiple fronts at the same time! I think I know some solutions to your problem.. :)

Still not possible to see what motor they are running. Anyone care to start guessing based on the big reduction?
That is a mighty big rear sprocket :)

oDH0yit.jpg

gbNjJpq.jpg

This bike looks real nice but at this point it does not appear you could use an off the shelf dropper seat post? I am assuming the custom seat tube assembly is to get the saddle rearward while still leaving the rear shock mount in its current configuration. Who knows if this bike will be actually pedaled or not but regardless, a dropper post is a must if you are doing any serious trail riding in my opinion.

Looking over their pics at the neematic facebook it does seems like the whole seat stay arrangement is bolt on. So if you don't like it, just replace it with your own version that let you use the seat post of choice. Or better yet, as these probably will not be build to stock just tell then your needs and I make them tailor made a solution that fits you.

I mean if they come close to deliver on their promises the Neematic will be THE e-bike. Don't let the seat post tip the scale.

Here is a driving video of the neematic, i wonder whats the rattling noise when driving? Maybe the chain?At some point you here the motor clearly ,i think its no sinewavecontroller?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1CWKK_ACho

bionicon said:
Here is a driving video of the neematic, i wonder whats the rattling noise when driving? Maybe the chain?At some point you here the motor clearly ,i think its no sinewavecontroller?

if i had to guess i'd say its chain on chain - possibly where the pedal chain goes to the motor, and the motor chain comes back from the rear wheel? looks like they pass very close, and any sideways movement in the rear swingarm + chain wobble might cause them to rub?

sounds like it could be a sine controller to me, there's no growl that you'd usually get from a square wave. could also be that the motor is being reduced though a planetary, it sounds like its spinning really fast, particularly off the start.

nutspecial said:
The other pics look more like an 8" rear to me- so possibly to be determined, as the jackshaft should be tunable for optimal final gearing (and physical size). The motor doesn't look like an outrunner. . . .?

Indeed, the sprocket is yet to be determined, we wanted to try the bigger one for the torque. It is outrunner now, working on in-runner alternative

bionicon said:

Well noticed bionicon! It is the chain touching the frame. We will do adjustments depending on the rear sprocket size.

justinasp said:
nutspecial said:
The other pics look more like an 8" rear to me- so possibly to be determined, as the jackshaft should be tunable for optimal final gearing (and physical size). The motor doesn't look like an outrunner. . . .?

Indeed, the sprocket is yet to be determined, we wanted to try the bigger one for the torque. It is outrunner now, working on in-runner alternative

something custom, or off the shelf?

Back