• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

New 1000w Geared hub MXUS XFC19

Tommm said:
A hub guy's deafening loud is a mid drive guy's quiet. :lol:

I'm one of those super sensitive to ebike noise, but just got my first test ride today of the mid-drive I've been building. I'm using 08B moto chain and pulled a max power input of just over 22kw today, and I couldn't hear any chain noise while on the bike, so mid-drives can be more quiet than a geared hubbie. It's all in proper alignment and tension as well as sproket size. Mine is a 28t on the motor and 57t at the wheel, resulting in a HubMonster in a 13" diameter wheel with only a 3.5kg effective unsprung weight. I can't wait to do a video to show how short a distance this beast rockets 85kph+ in virtual silence. :mrgreen:

MXUS has answered some questions about the XF-19:

XF-19 has a speed sensor that can send data while coasting
XF-19 has no temp sensor
There is no 1000W cassette version, only the 500W XF-19 support a cassette

But what about the torque? Compared to a MAC 10T is it higher or lower?

neos said:
MXUS has answered some questions about the XF-19:

XF-19 has a speed sensor that can send data while coasting
XF-19 has no temp sensor
There is no 1000W cassette version, only the 500W XF-19 support a cassette

But what about the torque? Compared to a MAC 10T is it higher or lower?

A Mac is still the better choice when it comes to torque. The higher pole number more than compensate for the narrower gears. Though a mac cost more then TWICE the price of a gdr-19.

E-HP said:
So is it the same as this motor or not. I see one of your pic showing the GDR-19:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2019-MXUS-48V-1000W-powerful-ebike_60835187546.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.22.9d5b6d1f6QuUsJ

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=100143&p=1507700#p1469866

LOL I just checked and it is TWICE that today. :lol:

The Mighty Volt said:
Hi, great looking motor. Do you mind my asking how do you go about getting spokes for this motor and if you have any idea what size they are for 20", 24", 26" builds etc.

Thanks.

The seller linked in this thread sells them pre laced from 24 to 28".

Someone brought up a concern about the wires exiting at the end of the axle of this motor.
With the wires exiting at the very end the axle stays stronger than if it exited at the side, because that would create a cavity in addition to being hollow. The bit following a cavity axle is solid though, so that part is stronger. Really it depends on where these axles crack.

The wires getting destroyed are a concern, however there is a genius fix to this. Since it comes out the cassette end, you can get a standard bashguard for $1.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33053537185.html
HTB1hy8PXbj1gK0jSZFOq6A7GpXaC.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg

I got my order from chamrider. Single speed freewheel for now.

I put my impressions on my site
https://ebiketip.com/best-geared-hub-motor-mxus-xf19-kit-review/

But TLDR
I already did a spin test in the air. Spun good, noise comparable to any mid drive (except bafang).
Only downside to the motor is chamrider doesn't carry replacement gears, they are plastic. MXUS alibaba and chamrider aliexpress said they don't sell it sperate. I want metal gears. Will have to hunt some down.

IMG-20200918-193426.jpg

With just a drill and a hacksaw, it is easy to modify your own torque arm that mounts on to brake adapter bolt holes. Bomb proof.

Impressed with shipping. No tax, free ship and took less than 28 days. They made a mistake and gave me upgraded 4a charger for free, it seems quality. Now that is customer service. :lol:

So far pleased, will ride tomorrow.

Tommm said:
I got my order from chamrider. Xf19 1000w 48v 24ah
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000838391101.html. Single speed freewheel for now.

I already did a spin test in the air. Spun good, noise comparable to any mid drive (except bafang).

Shook battery, nothing loose rattling. I will open the battery up tomorrow.
Lcd3 is good, has backlighting, no usb out but battery has one anyway. Liquid crystal more readable than Lcd8's lcd in sunlight. Not too big, looks modern.
Motor is noticeably lighter than a 1000w or 1500w DD hub. Smaller too. 203mm rotors more than completely cover it.
Only downside to the motor is chamrider doesn't carry replacement gears, they are plastic. They are possible to get from alibaba. But I want metal. Will have to hunt some down.

IMG-20200918-141757.jpg

IMG-20200918-151828.jpg

IMG-20200918-193426.jpg

With just a drill and a hacksaw, it is easy to modify your own torque arm that mounts on to brake adapter bolt holes. Bomb proof.

Impressed with shipping. No tax, free ship and took less than 28 days. They made a mistake and gave me upgraded 4a charger for free, it seems quality. Now that is customer service. :lol:

So far pleased, will ride tomorrow.

Looks really good. Report us top speed what you manage to get.

Tommm said:
Sound:
The motor is quite quiet. The faster you go, the quieter it gets.
If tangent/cyc (I have) is 7/10 loud
Cyclone with metal gears is 5/10 (I have) is 5/10 loud
Bafang bbs02 (I had) is 3/10 loud
DD hub (I have) is 2/10 loud
Then this motor xf19r is 3/10 loud.
Some guy here said the motor is loud. If it is louder than this, then he has a defective unit.

That guys was me and I don't think my motor was defective. Had 2 different clutches - both very noisy. I also have feedback from 2 vendors in china that didn t want to carry gdr-19 because it was too noisy... Maybe you go lucky
Your noise ranking seems also quite odd to me. I also have a bbs02 and a few dd hubs. My dd hubs with a proper controller are near silent. The 02 is twice as loud and still very decent. All geared hubs (besides newer bafang g3xx) I have or had are significantly louder and none compared to the gdr-19. We need standardized noise test like they use to check motorcycle exhausts for a definitive ranking.

qwerkus said:
Your noise ranking seems also quite odd to me. I also have a bbs02 and a few dd hubs.

Obviously sound rankings are on a logarithmic scale. So even 1 point difference is "significantly" louder.
My dd hubs are nowhere near silent with a sine wave controller, just quiet.
My xf19 kit is the 1000w one with 40a sine wave controller. Maybe your 500w one was paired with a square wave one.

Tommm said:
qwerkus said:
Your noise ranking seems also quite odd to me. I also have a bbs02 and a few dd hubs.

Obviously sound rankings are on a logarithmic scale. So even 1 point difference is "significantly" louder.
My xf19 kit is the 1000w one with 40a sine wave controller. Maybe your 500w one was paired with a square wave one.

I already mentioned it: I had a 1000W gdr-19, not a 500W and a sine wave controller, not a dual mode. Please stop distorting my statements. This forum is not a battle about who's right, but a helpful experience sharing platform, so newcomers can read about potential issues and solutions of the hardware they are interested in. Now they know that the gdr-19 has potential noise issue. Had I known this before, it would have saved me a lot of troubles.

qwerkus said:
Tommm said:
qwerkus said:

I already mentioned it: I had a 1000W gdr-19, not a 500W and a sine wave controller, not a dual mode. Please stop distorting my statements. This forum is not a battle about who's right, but a helpful experience sharing platform, so newcomers can read about potential issues and solutions of the hardware they are interested in. Now they know that the gdr-19 has potential noise issue. Had I known this before, it would have saved me a lot of troubles.

I will make some videos here so everyone can decide. If you have cassette version, it is 500w. If you have freewheel version, it can be 500w or 1000w. The 1000w has a different, 3 prong motor connector (hall prongs are hidden).
If you don't have a 500w version I may have mixed you up with another endless user.

I dont understand this noise problem.Running my casette version at 48v 22 a and it is more quiet than my Bafang bpm and swx02 motor

Tommm said:
qwerkus said:

I will make some videos here so everyone can decide. If you have cassette version, it is 500w. If you have freewheel version, it can be 500w or 1000w. The 1000w has a different, 3 prong motor connector (hall prongs are hidden).
If you don't have a 500w version I may have mixed you up with another endless user.

Thanks for your review, I'm even more convinced now that the XF15 with 48V 23Ah battery was correct choice for me. Looking forward to see videos of your kit!

Laissez said:
Tommm said:
qwerkus said:

Thanks for your review, I'm even more convinced now that the XF15 with 48V 23Ah battery was correct choice for me. Looking forward to see videos of your kit!

Yes, if I was reasonable and not a power junkie I would get the XF15 if I could choose again... Integrated controller and less weight is very nice. But I am a power junkie... This thing does wheelies above 10kph. :lol: It would fly on 72v.

Integrated controllers are only good for a sleek clean look for very low power and light weights, which doesnt help us heavy weights to ride up any hills. At a minimum for anyone and everyone, 1kw is the minimum..... even the 250W scaredy cats in England they shouldnt be concerned with 1kw. Whether it be the XCF19 as this thread talks about, or the MAC, matched with a voltage of your choice 36V, 48V, 52V and 30A and above. The controllers are the same price so get that extra bit of power, its a no brainer.

Tommm said:
It would fly on 72v.

Going to 60V or 72V with any bicycle geared hubbie is playing with fire. IME the gears can't handle the rpm, and even if they did the motor can't produce the power to cut through the wind at the higher speed.

I have seen one emoto running a geared hubbie, but I haven't been able to track down the manufacturer to get more info. It has steel gears and apparently an oil bath, so maybe it can handle higher voltage.

John in CR said:
Tommm said:
It would fly on 72v.

Going to 60V or 72V with any bicycle geared hubbie is playing with fire. IME the gears can't handle the rpm, and even if they did the motor can't produce the power to cut through the wind at the higher speed.

I have seen one emoto running a geared hubbie, but I haven't been able to track down the manufacturer to get more info. It has steel gears and apparently an oil bath, so maybe it can handle higher voltage.

I have seen 12:1 and so hubs, the xf19 is 5.8:1, with a relative low top speed. So the motor spins 500*6=3000 tops, that's somewhere around the bafang mid drive or cyclone for a given voltage, not bad at all. I wouldn't take a 12:1 reduction drive to 72v though, would be spinning 10k+.

qwerkus said:
2. MXUS provided the welded clutch. Nothing fancy though: regular clutch with 3 big and ugly weld points - could have done it myself...

By mxus you mean the mxus alibaba store?https://m.alibaba.com/product/60835187546/2019-MXUS-48V-1000W-powerful-ebike.html
I asked them now and they wrote they don't sell the clutch seperately.
So maybe I will have to bundle it with some future purchase.

Tommm said:
qwerkus said:
2. MXUS provided the welded clutch. Nothing fancy though: regular clutch with 3 big and ugly weld points - could have done it myself...

By mxus you mean the mxus alibaba store?https://m.alibaba.com/product/60835187546/2019-MXUS-48V-1000W-powerful-ebike.html

Where do you live ? I have a spare here.

qwerkus said:
Tommm said:

Where do you live ? I have a spare here.

I am in the EU. Which one do you want to part with?
Once I have it in my hands I am interested in getting some measurements of the cogs and finding/getting made some metal replacements.

Back