New 2019 Hailong 52v 17ah problems

R6bbie

100 mW
I ran it down in voltage a little to far is my guess and now it won't take a charge.
What can I do to get it charging / working again? I left it on all night, no charge, no changes. I have 3 chargers so I know that is not the issue along with another 52v triangle pack that is taking a charge.

The Hailong battery was running great and is only 2 weeks old. Never will I run a pack down again.

Thanks for any help.

Pretty please, just a little advice, this is my bread maker!
need PayPal money for your time, say so!

Don't know those batteries, do they have BMS circuitry inside or just bare cells?

Maybe your chargers have a protection feature will not start once the bank V is too low.

Do you have an adjustable power supply?

It is possible if you went dead dead flat or even just too close, that they cannot be resuscitated.

And they **will** be much riskier to use from now on, as in could "burn fast" (explode) at some random point in time down the road.

If one cell goes down too far, the BMS will usually turn the pack into a brick. In that case, the fix is to identify the cell group that's too low, and give it a little bump if it's not too far below the LVC for that chemistry.

If this is a bosch pack, it may brick itself over time, even if all the cells are right. The only fix is to rewire it with a BMS that doesn't intentionally commit suicide.

You're gonna need to take some measurements from each cell group to sort this out. but... don't you have a warranty?

I've seen some BMS boards that don't reset properly once tripped. If you charge through the discharge port for a few seconds, you can often get them to reset. This means figure out a way to connect the charger to the wires that normally go to the controller.

Before that, try disconnecting the controller completely and see if it will charge.

john61ct said:
Don't know those batteries, do they have BMS circuitry inside or just bare cells?

Maybe your chargers have a protection feature will not start once the bank V is too low.

Do you have an adjustable power supply?

Here is a picture of the BMS. I unplugged it and it still didn't charge. This sucks. Thanks everyone for helping out. I've had this happen before with my triangle battery and somehow it "pops" and starts changing again.
I thought the BMS protected this from happening? IMG_2082.jpg

I would never use a battery nor BMS that I didn't thoroughly understand first.

Yes in theory BMS will prevent overdischarge but most are set stoopid low like the cell mfg spec for "never allow anywhere near" bottom voltage.

And many a bank's been destroyed by failing BMS, shoddy wiring etc. Far better to build yourself IMO, unless from a trusted known good maker likely outside China and costing lots more.

Low discharge rates are more dangerous than fast ones. Self-discharge most of all, especially leaving the vampire BMS on in storage.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

If the BMS is fully disconnected and you can gain access to the individual cells (or at least parallel group, 3.2V units), and

with the right tools, knowledge and skills

perhaps something can be salvaged.

First you need to identify why the battery won't charge. Then maybe we can come up with a fix.
Since you have access to that white plug, you have access to each cell bank to test it. you need to know if the battery is dead because all the cells are too low, or if it's just one bank of cells. measure each bank of cells, post what you find, maybe we'll have a solution.

Back