New Alibaba Cmacewheel/Toodi K20 E fatbike [Makes very loud and strange noise].

Dutchy777

1 µW

Hello everyone, I bought this fatbike new from Alibaba. It directly came with this problem. Motor and gear set (clutch) is already replaced and the problem the same.

• It only happens after acceleration (sometimes not always).
  • During driving away from 0 ,or after hard brake, or when climbing a little hill. In this short moment the bike makes an insane amount of noise. And the motor lacks in support in this moment, after this the motor works normal.

Does someone know what the problem can be?

This is the link of the seller and the bike:

Last edited:
If you received the (new) bike with a problem, then you'd be wise to take it up with the manufacture'. So, what did the manufacture tell you?
They do not help me. I received the bike like this, so they send a new motor core and gear clutch. I replaced it but issue remains. Then they stopped replaying, so I opened a dispute. Alibaba gave me a 200 usd refund (bike bought for 1000 euros), so about 800 euros loss and no working bike. I feel scammed and do not have a working bike. I am really wondering what the problem is, so I can fix it.

1. Make and model of the bike in question, and links to the same bike & web site where you bought it.

Buying a cheap complete bike on alibaba and having it turn out to be a doorstop is a story as old as this forum is!
It's a main reason why this forum is oriented around building ebikes, not buying them.

Nonetheless, you sound like you got a dud of a motor design if you've had weird failures twice.
I have no idea what that sound could be but it sounds like a slipping clutch/gears in a geared motor. What kind of motor does the bike have?

if you know how to solder then now's your chance to replace this motor with one that is constructed correctly.

Buying a cheap complete bike on alibaba and having it turn out to be a doorstop is a story as old as this forum is!
It's a main reason why this forum is oriented around building ebikes, not buying them.

Nonetheless, you sound like you got a dud of a motor design if you've had weird failures twice.
I have no idea what that sound could be but it sounds like a slipping clutch/gears in a geared motor. What kind of motor does the bike have?

if you know how to solder then now's your chance to replace this motor with one that is constructed correctly.
Yes it is a geared 250w hub motor (I will add some pics).
Very strange, hub motor centre + gears are replaced.
Is it possible that it is maybe the controller?
For replacing the motor, I do not need to solder right? I will show you the motor and gear clutch.

Attachments

• IMG_9954.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9955.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
Yes it is a geared 250w hub motor (I will add some pics).
Very strange, hub motor centre + gears are replaced.
Is it possible that it is maybe the controller?

Possible but we don't know without trying another controller or motor.
We don't know a make or model of any of these parts.

For replacing the motor, I do not need to solder right?

Only if you pick another motor with the exact same connectors and connector pinout - very unlikely.

I will show you the motor and gear clutch.

Looks like a geared motor from here. Any model number on it?

Does that previous gear + clutch assembly have some funny motion in it near the keyway?
Does the new one also?

My guess is that it's slipping under power.

Is it a throttle driven or PAS bike?

Is it a throttle driven or PAS bike?
In his video he's not gripping the throttle, so I assume PAS

To me, it sounds as though the motor is being heavily loaded... as though a wheel bearing is seized - or maybe a brake is maladjusted (too tight). Just my limited perception.

Dutchy777: Prop the rear wheel up off the floor, and try the throttle.

I would check the cable from the controller to the motor connector for possible damage. Even if not visible, I’d wiggle and bend the cable back and forth a little along its length and see if the symptoms change at all. Sometimes a motor groaning could be from an intermittent phase wire connection, and maybe even a bad solder joint inside the controller. If the symptoms change at all, you may be able to get the to send a new controller.

Back