New Bafang Crank-Drives

tomjasz said:
That is a speed sponsor error code. There are UK dealers. http://eclipsebikes.com is one.

Also several German dealers, like, http://www.rftec.eu or http://www.ebike-easy.com

Thanks. I can't see the speed sensor on these sites but I emailed eclipse bikes, awaiting their response. Can't believe how difficult to get hold of this at reasonable postage cost. BMSbattery wanted $30 for shipping alone.

skyungjae said:
Well, BMS Battery finally shipped out the order I placed on September 20th. I should be getting it next Monday. I'm looking forward to joining you fellas.

For me, it only took 12 days from ordering to being shipped. I would ask for reduction on shipping cost as compensation.

Good luck with the fitting.

What tool should I use to tighten a M33 nut??
Screenshot%202014-11-12%2023.23.15.png

I'm using my hand but it doesn't feel good enough.

Also, I'm having error 21, which I understood is speed sensor. And sometime when it's raining the bike automatically starts and ebrake doesn't always work.

Any help?

Thanks

Re: M33 nut. I originally used a bottom bracket spanner, but it kept coming loose, so I eventually tried a small punch and a hammer, which worked great. The slots are really big, so little chance of slipping.

Rusty123 said:
Re: M33 nut. I originally used a bottom bracket spanner, but it kept coming loose, so I eventually tried a small punch and a hammer, which worked great. The slots are really big, so little chance of slipping.

Oh thanks great idea!! I'll do that!

Any idea how I can fix the rest? thanks

cwah said:

I used a slotted screwdriver and tapped it with a hammer to tighten it a bit. Has not loosened yet and I don't think I over torqued it.
There is a tool for it and it looks like this
%20SKU127398%20(5).JPG

or this:
New-Practical-Bicycle-Bike-font-b-Lock-b-font-font-b-Ring-b-font-Remover-Bottom.jpg

but I was too cheap to spend more for the proper tool. Hammer and a screwdriver were my friends.

Melbourne said:
11:11 Sales

Newbie here.

I'd like to thank Melbourne for the 11:11 sale reminder. I had been called in to work 11:11 and it was dead, so I read most of this thread (ouch!) and just before I got off work, at 11:45pm I saw Melbourne's post.
I got home at 12:35 and placed an order (after waking SWMBO and verifying that the purchase was authorized, of course! ;) ) for 2 of the 750 drives at 12:47pm. 13 minutes to spare! :D

I, of course, waited a week before reminding SWMBO that the Bafang 750s would not work unless I ordered batteries too. :)
I was just notified that the batteries have shipped. Woot!

I was in New Zealand with my son last month and we converted his mountain bike with a Bafang. He is loving it.

Thank the rest of you for all your posts on the bafang topics as well. I'm struggling through them all before the mid-drives are delivered.

Mark

cwah said:
And sometime when it's raining the bike automatically starts and ebrake doesn't always work.

On my ride this morning, while using the throttle to get started up a steep section of trail, the throttle stayed open on me. The bike spun around me while I worked to get a hold of the throttle or power and it took a few pumps of the throttle to stop the bike.

This was in dry conditions.

I think the thumb throttle may in fact be a piece of crap.

Australians looking for BBs01 or 02, I bought mine through Emax 3 days delivery, $475 is the delivered price in Australia for the BBS01 :shock:
http://www.emax-ebikes.com.au/

He has some hubs and batteries as well, and has been good on email response.

I took my recumbent out for its first CD equipt ride yesterday, very happy with it. :D
My throttle was physically sticking on for no reaseon so I gave it a quick spray of Ezy Glide, smooth as now.

Well, I finally got my BBS-02 + battery after nearly 2 months. If you want to see the details, you can click on the 2005 Jamis Dakar build in my signature below.

Anyhow, the external lock ring on my BBS-02 was different than the inner one which required a hook type spanner wrench. I ended up using a flat tip and hammer to torque that down.

10347168_10204656597722083_6120860558462925801_n.jpg

The external lock ring, on the other hand, uses the same wrench as external BB cups. The Park Took one I had access too didn't really clear the motor, but I'm sure there are ones that are socket like.

skyungjae said:
...the external lock ring on my BBS-02 was different than the inner one which required a hook type spanner wrench. I ended up using a flat tip and hammer to torque that down.

The external lock ring, on the other hand, uses the same wrench as external BB cups. The Park Took one I had access too didn't really clear the motor, but I'm sure there are ones that are socket like.

That's the new design where the jam nut covers the slotted nut to make it look like a single unit. The BB on my frame was wider than 68mm so the jam nut wouldn't even fit and I left it off. I used a pair of Vice-Grip welding clamps to tighten the slotted nut and checked the first dozen rides to ensure it wasn't loosening. Reminds me, I should check it again...

So nobody has heard more info on the Bafang torque-sensing mid-drive setup posted a few up ? The rumur mill has been churning out talk of a Bafang retrofit kit with torque sensor for months and months; the big question now is: was that rumor incorrect and the custom OEM setup posted from the Alibaba ad above is the only torque sensor mid-drive setup Bafang intends on releasing ?

-=dave

California eBikes sells a 100mm kit but not the parts. So far theirs is the only one that is longer. Rumor has is LectricCycles is developing their own kit based on the Bafang motor. Sadly the contact they told has never been followed up with. That's the rumor. I can't get an answer despite having paid the premium to buy a kit from LC.

bafang-fatbike-extended-axle-kit.jpg

0utrider said:
cwah said:

I used a slotted screwdriver and tapped it with a hammer to tighten it a bit. Has not loosened yet and I don't think I over torqued it.
There is a tool for it and it looks like this

but I was too cheap to spend more for the proper tool. Hammer and a screwdriver were my friends.
California EBikes sells an $8 and $45 tool for the drive. http://california-ebike.com/product-category/tools/

tomjasz said:
California eBikes sells a 100mm kit but not the parts. So far theirs is the only one that is longer. Rumor has is LectricCycles is developing their own kit based on the Bafang motor. Sadly the contact they told has never been followed up with. That's the rumor. I can't get an answer despite having paid the premium to buy a kit from LC.

bafang-fatbike-extended-axle-kit.jpg

Wow, that material looks way stronger. I wonder if they could make one for the standard length too.

I can't imagine that it would be profitable. I'd love to buy and stash a
The 100mm parts but thats not gonna happen. They don't sell kits. Sadly...

Hello!

Anyone here who knows where I can buy a set of spare crank arms for the BBS02?

My location is Norway.

tomjasz said:

I sent them an email regarding having a 68mm spindle made.

I'll know by the end of the week if I can tolerate the run-out on the non-drive side of my kit. If I have to replace the spindle, I'd like to make the attempt at getting something stronger.

skyungjae said:
tomjasz said:

I sent them an email regarding having a 68mm spindle made.

I'll know by the end of the week if I can tolerate the run-out on the non-drive side of my kit. If I have to replace the spindle, I'd like to make the attempt at getting something stronger.
I can tell you now they can only supply an OEM.

rabies said:
Anyone here who knows where I can buy a set of spare crank arms for the BBS02?
A right one is difficult but I got a left crank arm from ebay. Fortunately I only damaged the left one. You need 170 mm with minimum offset. Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-BIKE-BICYCLE-LEFT-CRANK-ARM-ALLOY-HORIZONTAL-SQUARE-170MM-NEW-/390964231511?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b0748bd57 which is probably better than the silver one with more offset that I use.

Edit: Actually it's not better. You need the square taper to be turned by 45 degrees. This is the one I use.

Attachments

• Crank170mm.png
    Crank170mm.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 4,143
Back