new battery and controller need help putting together!

Jwerta

1 mW
Hi guys i just got a new battery and controller for my tonaro bike but am having trouble wiring it all together i was hoping that some of you smart folks here could give me some help here are all the pictures i hope you need

http://imgur.com/a/u7uOz

please help me i have no idea what to do :)

The red and black wires from the battery pack hook to the big red and black wires from the controller.

gvfG9C0h.jpg

Click on the pic to make it big.

As said, the two big red and black wires go to the battery. Red + Black - The pink wire with a similar connector is very likely to be an ignition switch wire. If so, it will need to be connected to battery + for the controller to power up.

The big blue, green and yellow wires are the main power to the motor. Try matching the colors first, and if that doesn't work, look up how to find the right halls and phases combination in the wiki.

The smaller 5 wires plug is the halls. Red and Black always connect to red and black. If the controller is turned on, you will have 5v on the red wire. Then try matching blue green and yellow on the first try.

You have two three wire plugs. One is your throttle, one is not. My guess is that the one with Black Red Green is the throttle. R+ B- G signal back to the controller.

The rest is not essential, it could be ebrakes, tail lights, stuff to run a battery meter and console, three speed switches, reverse, regen, etc. No good way to tell unless you read Chinese.

Tip, don't buy ebay controllers if they don't show you a wiring diagram you can read. Plenty of other vendors.

The pinkish wire on one of my controllers is the cruise control wire and there's a small red wire for ignition, so who knows. Provide a link to where you bought it and the info may be there.

bought it from here guys

http://www.pingbattery.com/servlet/StoreFront

okay i dont have a throttle on my bike it only has pedel assist no start up just pedel and it goes...

Not the battery, the controller.

Looks a lot like the drawing for my ku65. More like it than my ku65 does lol

Have a look http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CEsQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jobike.it%2FPublic%2Fdata%2FDiesellolle%2F2012618114627_KU65.pdf&ei=PY6lUbnnNsmq0QXFgIG4Ag&usg=AFQjCNEIgwnEKWlH6pcyoECsu0Bp7LsUQQ&bvm=bv.47008514,d.d2k
Or perhaps the ku63 is more like yours, as the 65 uses the little off-board display. Even the rubber bung and the order the wires pop out looks like mine.

Can I sneak in a question of my own? TY.
My brake plug is the 2 pin type expected. However it does not come from the controller, but rather it piggybacks from another plug, A 3 pin one. I have no idea what this 3 pin plug is. It has the same yellow and black wires present them self's, and also a red. Black in the middle. I considered 3 speed switch, but one speed would be off. I don't have a speed switch anyway, as the ku65 uses the off-board display/interface. It is a little boggling. I was going to ask if I came unstuck, but as the chance has arisen... Anyone know what it is?

The pink wire looks like the ignition wire to me. Easy to test. With the batteryconnected, if you don't get 5v on the red and black throttle wires, it's the ignition wire.
The white connector with black and white wires is the brake switch.
The small black three wire connector (black, red, white) is the PAS.
White wires with small black connector are speed limit (connect for limit).
The purple could be a number of things, but, as it doesn't have a partner, it'll be either battery voltage for a meter (LEDs) or speed signal for a speedometer. You can check it with a meter with the other probe on the battery black.
The final three wire white with purple, black and grey is for the three speed switch. Stick a piece of wire in the middle , and with your motor running at full throttle with the wheel off the ground, connect the other end to each of the other two pins in turn. One way will slow the motor down, and the other should speed it up a bit. The increase in speed depends on a lot of things, but you might find the increase useful. If you want to use that speed all the time, leave the wire permanently connected.

friendly1uk said:
My brake plug is the 2 pin type expected. However it does not come from the controller, but rather it piggybacks from another plug, A 3 pin one. I have no idea what this 3 pin plug is. It has the same yellow and black wires present them self's, and also a red. Black in the middle. I considered 3 speed switch, but one speed would be off. I don't have a speed switch anyway, as the ku65 uses the off-board display/interface. It is a little boggling. I was going to ask if I came unstuck, but as the chance has arisen... Anyone know what it is?
If you want to use a two wire brake switch on the two wire connector, one wire is a signal wire that rests at about 5v (yellow), the other is 0v (black). When you connect the two, the signal gets pulled down to 0v, the controller senses the drop and switches off power.
The three wires are for a hall sensor switch like the "hidden wire" ones. The signal wire and 0v are the same as before, but it has an additional 5v supply (red) ,which powers the hall sensor. When you operate the brake, the hall sensor electronically connects the signal to ground, so again the controller sees the drop and switches off power. You can therefore use either connector because the yellow and black go through both.

So PAS would also be throttle? Depending on which you use?

d8veh said:
friendly1uk said:
If you want to use a two wire brake switch on the two wire connector, one wire is a signal wire that rests at about 5v (yellow), the other is 0v (black). When you connect the two, the signal gets pulled down to 0v, the controller senses the drop and switches off power.
The three wires are for a hall sensor switch like the "hidden wire" ones. The signal wire and 0v are the same as before, but it has an additional 5v supply (red) ,which powers the hall sensor. When you operate the brake, the hall sensor electronically connects the signal to ground, so again the controller sees the drop and switches off power. You can therefore use either connector because the yellow and black go through both.

Oh, another sort of brake. Nice one d8veh. Thank You

Okay so i know the red and black wires on the battery connect to the red and black wires on the controller, the blue and green wires on the controller connect to the same wires on the bike...

but I am unable to connect the black yellow orange and red plug to the controller or the black red blue and green plug. Are they needed and how would i go about connecting them?

Thanks for all the help so far.. i feel a little smarter xD

Ask the vendor you bought the controller from, or post a link to where you bought it and someone may be able to help.

Jwerta said:
Okay so i know the red and black wires on the battery connect to the red and black wires on the controller, the blue and green wires on the controller connect to the same wires on the bike...

but I am unable to connect the black yellow orange and red plug to the controller or the black red blue and green plug. Are they needed and how would i go about connecting them?

Thanks for all the help so far.. i feel a little smarter xD

I don't know the colors used on your bike. But simplified, you need the 2 wires (power) from the battery to the controller. 3 large wires(phase) from the motor to the controller, along with 5 smaller wires (hall sensors) from the motor to the controller, and atleast 3 wires to the throttle. The colors may vary, and may not match up even if they are the same between the controlelr and the rest of the componants.

Here's a thread of someone doing a rewire of that brand bike. may be helpfull: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=32375

Jwerta said:
Anybody?

Would it be worth taking to an electric bike shop?
I thought I explained all the connections in post#8. Which one don't you understand?

Back