New battery technology on the horizon?

Keep on reading stuff at Vulture Central and your mind will become porous. :wink:

LOL - :D - I always seem to find myself on the strange side of the NET. Too much trawling whilst waiting for DB backups to complete.

Still liked the idea of shedding a couple of pounds off the power source on an e-bike - My interest was probably piqued by http://www.electricbike.com/lightest-bike/

If the development ever came about in our lifetime and there was an appreciable Watts/Density delivery out of such a pack could this be a game changer across all aspects of ebike /RC hobbyists?

In the next 10 years your going to see dozens of companies say they have the next great battery. Im taking the wait and see approach.

I guarantee if the US government offered a $10 billion prize for a company to make an electric car that can get 500 miles on a charge and charge in 5 minutes you would see thousands of companies competing and one winner would emerge.

Think $10 billion is just 4 weeks the US spends in Afghanistan. lol :roll:

yahoo16.jpg

lester12483 said:
In the next 10 years your going to see dozens of companies say they have the next great battery. Im taking the wait and see approach.

Nah, you gotta start that battery technology young. Start saying you have the technology.

I guarantee if the US government offered a $10 billion prize for a company to make an electric car that can get 500 miles on a charge and charge in 5 minutes you would see thousands of companies competing and one winner would emerge.

Think $10 billion is just 4 weeks the US spends in Afghanistan. lol :roll:

The government is spending all that money in Afghanistan to get out of offering the $10 billion for the battery. Why would they then turn around and pay for the battery? Think of the Afghanistan money as a sort of 'Battery Condom Budget.'

In case you're wondering, I was all but PRAYING someone would give me an excuse to use that one image.

10 Billion in Afghanistan employs a lot of Americans in the Army/Navy/Air Force, weapon manufacturers and infrastructure rebuilding. What would they all do if they couldn't suckle at the US Government tit? A car company wouldn't employ that many.

/Devil's advocate

Back