New Bike Build

Teaker68

10 W
Looking for complete kit that would work on both hard tail and full suspension bikes. Something that would be pretty easy install. Something that I could utilize on unpaved trails with some torque and decent speed 25-30 MPH.

Respect what you guys have to say. Thanks in advance.

****Do this before your first post or now (it's retroactive)*****
Please go to the User Control Panel, select Profile, and then enter your city, state/province, and country into the Location field (country minimum) and save it. This will help people help you. Example: Wylie, TX, USA. Without knowing what country you are in it's hard to make any recommendations and you will waste your time and others. Thank you.

If you're going to be climbing long steep trails, you'll want either a geared or slower wind DD hub mot or maybe a mid drive.I like DD motors for their simplicity. This one should climb anything.
http://www.ebikessf.com/H4040
It's probably more than most people need, but it's got the power for longer steeper hills. There's lots of factors to consider, so it not that simple to recommend a motor without knowing all the facts. I'm 270 lbs and my 1000W motor running 88.8V will climb anything around here with ease, but there aren't any mountains around here either and the longest steep (20+% grade) is no more than 500 yards.

Hi Teaker68

Spingfield, MA! What! Not Indian board track copy. :p
14_Indian_Boardtracker_LG1.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I went with the gng 1 route in my first build /all around commuter. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51830

Will work for both types of frames and great for climbing the steep off road trails. Not as simple as a hub motor for certain. I am nearby in the Berkshires, keep us posted..

cheers

That Indian is unreal not to mention your mountain bike. I ride the Berkshires quite often, especially Pittsfield State Forest. I ride a lot bu myself so any time you want to get together let me know. I have the Prodeco Outlaw SS which is not cutting it for me. Wes was nice enough to give me his number and a education. Think us Yankees have to start taking some lessons from the South.

Indian was a great company. Your home town. Lots of them still around.

I am on the east side of the valley and ride my road bike south and east most of the time. Know the state forest well. Great place to ski also. Know most of the old timers that ride the group rides there. When I get my off road ebike done will certainly head over to the forest to show the guys I have been telling about the project. PM me when your coming to the area.

cheers

Back