• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

New controller for old bmc v2 motor (like mac)

jonnybee_123

100 mW
Need a new controller and after scrolling the internet for days I'm looking at a phaserunner
Is there a cheaper alternative that will do just as good ? I've also been looking at kt controllers with lcd display and a pas I prefer there displays over the ca3

What specific features, etc., make the phaserunner "good" to you?

We need to know that to know what might be "just as good", for your purposes.

amberwolf said:
What specific features, etc., make the phaserunner "good" to you?

We need to know that to know what might be "just as good", for your purposes.
Hi I just want a smooth power and the ability to use a pedal assist..but.i dont really like the CA that the phaserunner uses I prefer the nicer looking smaller units
Also I like the size of the phase runner it looks like it could be mounted to the down tube without a bag (might be wrong )
For now I really just want to get the bike going so I'm open to anything
If I could.get a link or some info on the pros and cons of different controllers it would be a big a help
I also like the feature of different power settings
Thanks

Leaning towards a kt controller from aliexpress 100 bucks with pas sensor and lcd only downfall it is set at 20a /40a max id like 30a can these be programmed ? I suppose it would be running abit close its max then tho

I believe I heard somewhere (probably on this forum) that the older BMC motors were a bit picky about which controllers they'd talk to. Something about the hall sensors running at too high a frequency for a lot of controllers. You might do well to get yourself a dual mode controller just in case..

EDIT: A cursory search comes up the the issue being that the older MAC/BMC motors had a weird phase angle (80 deg) that a lot of controllers had a hard time understanding. I'll do some more research (eventually) as there's a guy on ebay selling V1 BMCs right now at a decent price and I've been thinking about picking one up myself.

Best.

That's interesting I've just changed the hall sensors in the motor hope it works
It was running fine before with a 'infineon' 9fet controller from em3ev

Back