New em3ev Battery Issue/Question

SloNEZ

100 mW
I bought a complete kit from em3ev five or six years ago, and the battery developed an issue where it wouldn’t take a charge anymore, so I ordered a new one.
I swapped out the battery for this new one, and they now come with a power switch. If I take the bike fresh off the charger, it will work and operate just fine. If a little time goes by, the battery times out just like it is supposed to - so far so good. But if I turn it back on at this point, as soon as I hit the main power switch the battery will shut back off and I need to put the bike back on the charger again before the battery will stay on once I switch on the main power. If I turn the battery back on, it will just shut right back off again. If I leave the main power on, the battery simply will not turn back on.
When I do put it back on the charger after this occurs, there will be a small spark on the red side of the Andersons. This will only happen the first time I reconnect the charger (if I unplug it and then plug it back in, there will be no small spark). All I need to do is plug it in for just a second, and the bike will operate again normally.
I have an email in to them, but that can take a few days for the back-and-forth in my experience since they are on a completely different time zone in another hemisphere lol.
I’m hoping that it’s just some dumb thing I don’t know and that somebody here does know!

TIA
-Slo

Back