New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

extrasilver said:
i have my 20 amp boost converter wrapped up in a T-shit in my back pack.. after a hard ride it never goes further than a little warm

my mobile phone gets hotter while browsing the web :)
I've not noticed a difference in terms of my battery range also

one mistake i have made tho was when i didn't set the low voltage cut-off correctly.. even tho the bike felt like it still had a fully charged battery the battery itself was down to 28 volts ( 2.8v per cell ).. luckily i noticed it as soon as i got home when i pulled my multi-meter out, i put the battery on charge straight away and it recovered without any issues at all, capacity unaffected.. lucky me :)

I just got one of these boost converters and managed to get the output voltage set, but I'm not familiar enough with multimeters to figure out how to change the amps and the low voltage cut off.
Could you enlighten me on how to do it? Also what should I set the AMPS too?
Thanks.

just finalized a deal with TS for the 52v/18a.... getting an exclusive for a while with these! they are not trying to pump these in Europe, and I probably hound them the worst of all US associates... so they are sending me a batch and giving me exclusive =)

8 - 52v/18a/VLDC-5 w, throttle, brakes

NO XH18 with the 52v, it gets twitchy...

ooooh cant wait

eyebyesickle said:
just finalized a deal with TS for the 52v/18a.... getting an exclusive for a while with these! they are not trying to pump these in Europe, and I probably hound them the worst of all US associates... so they are sending me a batch and giving me exclusive =)

ooooh cant wait

Do you have the 48v in stock in the U.S.?

Can I buy your setup with the VLDC-5 and not connect the throttle and brake levers. Can i buy the XH18 and retrofit that in the future in place of the VLDC-5?

gggplaya said:
How well does the TSDZ2 pedal when you turn off the battery?? Is there alot of drag?

On my two units, a 48v 15A and a 48v 18A, there's no perceptible drag at all. It rides just like it did before I added the motor.

gggplaya said:

Can I buy your setup with the VLDC-5 and not connect the throttle and brake levers. Can i buy the XH18 and retrofit that in the future in place of the VLDC-5?

Of course, Eye can respond for himself about the US stock, however I've bought a unit from him and he drop-shipped it out of China. Took less than a week. If I recall correctly, it was 5 days.

As for the VLCD-5, you can just not plug in the throttle and brake cut-outs. (The non-throttle version has the receptacles but even if you plug the throttle / brake cut-outs in, they don't do anything!) Note that if you then try and re-sell the throttle and brake-cut-outs to someone else - because you're not using them - it would be unethical if you didn't warn the buyer that they won't work unless they had ordered their TSDZ2 WITH them in the first place. That is, they'd only be good as replacements, not to augment a system that never had them from new.

RTIII said:
gggplaya said:

Of course, Eye can respond for himself about the US stock, however I've bought a unit from him and he drop-shipped it out of China. Took less than a week. If I recall correctly, it was 5 days.

As for the VLCD-5, you can just not plug in the throttle and brake cut-outs. (The non-throttle version has the receptacles but even if you plug the throttle / brake cut-outs in, they don't do anything!) Note that if you then try and re-sell the throttle and brake-cut-outs to someone else - because you're not using them - it would be unethical if you didn't warn the buyer that they won't work unless they had ordered their TSDZ2 WITH them in the first place. That is, they'd only be good as replacements, not to augment a system that never had them from new.

I don't plan on reselling components or anything like that. I just want the XH18 to make for a smaller cleaner cockpit with less wires around the bike.

Can i remove the VLCD5 and install the XH18??

There are two versions, 8 pin, and 6 pin...

If you have the 6 pin VLDC-5, you can switch with the XH-18, which is also 6 pin.

The 8 pin model has the throttle and brakes, which should be VLDC-5 only. Some companies make an 8 pin XH-18 with throttle, but it is not recommend.

Also, the xh-18 is overall less robust, and has glitchy issues at higher voltages, but other than that, it is small, and nice, and I like the spring twist mechanism

Thanks RTIII...

Yeah not trying to flood with sales stuff, just am excited about the 52v.

Also, want fair coverage compared to PSWPower, who steals my pictures and work... Then lies to me in email ;)

Hahaha.

Yeah, I ship from China ... Not really drop ship, unless I am out of stock and my associate uses his stock... But anyway... Yeah they come so fast DHL, and half my sales are not US... So I just ship from the Chinese warehouse...

Within about 30 days, I will be back in Nashville, central USA, at the warehouse, with motors, batteries, etc... So that will be cool...

I am working on a foldable, lightweight, solid tires TSDZ2 ebike, for legal city ebikes... Man I love these TSDZ2s...dropping low powered hubs completely... There is no reason anymore for me...

eyebyesickle said:
Thanks RTIII...

Yeah not trying to flood with sales stuff, just am excited about the 52v.

Also, want fair coverage compared to PSWPower, who steals my pictures and work... Then lies to me in email ;)

Hahaha.

Yeah, I ship from China ... Not really drop ship, unless I am out of stock and my associate uses his stock... But anyway... Yeah they come so fast DHL, and half my sales are not US... So I just ship from the Chinese warehouse...

Within about 30 days, I will be back in Nashville, central USA, at the warehouse, with motors, batteries, etc... So that will be cool...

I am working on a foldable, lightweight, solid tires TSDZ2 ebike, for legal city ebikes... Man I love these TSDZ2s...dropping low powered hubs completely... There is no reason anymore for me...

Can you sell an XH18 kit, or is it only good for a 36v system? Does it work well on a 48v motor?

I don't want the motor to do all the work for me, I just want some help pulling my son up the steep hills around our neighborhood. He's 5 years old and just started riding a bike, but his little legs aren't strong enough yet for hills. I use a followme tandem to hitch him to my bike, and with his weight the hitch system and his bike it's about another 110lbs of weight going up hills.

Nevermind, I was navigating your website wrong. When you click on motors-->48V TSDZ it only shows 2 kits with the VLCD5. But when you click on motors and let it navigate not from the drop down, then click on TSDZ series, it gives all the TSDZ kits.

Yeah, website is work in progress :p newly aquired. I'm reformatting

They are good for 48v motors, bit if you go above 54.6 into 52v nominal / 14s territory, they get glitchy...

I've heard a complaint here and there of them being glitchy, but with my experience... This was an overvoltage issue... I have heard of people having trouble with the VLDC-5 as well, but been unable to replicate.

SIDE NOTE:

After extensive troubleshooting, i think there is a good chance some people accidently bent the pins in the connectors, causing a weak connection... So everyone beware of that, as well

RTIII said:
gggplaya said:
How well does the TSDZ2 pedal when you turn off the battery?? Is there alot of drag?

On my two units, a 48v 15A and a 48v 18A, there's no perceptible drag at all. It rides just like it did before I added the motor.

That's great to hear.

Looks like a purchase coming on.

gggplaya said:

More USA sellers are stocking and shipping from China and DHL from China, (like many of my Apple products) is uber fast.
It also means vendors can offer better prices and often better warrantees since the motors and batteries don't have to be handled a second and sometimes third time. Saving us all shipping costs. I ordered a 3D printer on a Monday, China time and had it on Friday. There no reason for concern. And no advantage to shipping f om a USA warehouse, IMO.

Yea, I'll probably be ordering soon, just need to do my bills tonight and see how much moneys i has left over. :lol:

eyebyesickle said:

If you have the 6 pin VLDC-5, you can switch with the XH-18, which is also 6 pin.

The 8 pin model has the throttle and brakes, which should be VLDC-5 only. Some companies make an 8 pin XH-18 with throttle, but it is not recommend.

Also, the xh-18 is overall less robust, and has glitchy issues at higher voltages, but other than that, it is small, and nice, and I like the spring twist mechanism
What glitchy issues are these?

I got the xh-18 on a 36 volt model. Works for me, but it's a shame I can't ever add a throttle.

Well, I think there are powering on/off and color mode display problem, and reseting.... most due to bent connectors, or overvolting what it is rated for... in my experience/opinion

and I think the throttle exhaberated the issue

eyebyesickle said:

ooooh cant wait

How much for the this kit?
Will it run cooler than a lower voltage kit for the same power output (if amps are the same in the other kits)?
Noticeable difference between this and a 48V?
Do you sell long cables for recumbents?
Between this and a Bafang BBS02 at the moment but have yet to ride a BBS equipped bike; had a mixed experience with the first generation of the TSDZ2.
Thanks.

How much for the this kit? - $400 shipped. I have 14 left coming for this first batch.

Will it run cooler than a lower voltage kit for the same power output (if amps are the same in the other kits)? - No, same hardware, just programmed different, and I am willing to support it. TS wasn't crazy about using this much power for motors especially here in the US, with 'big riders' which is the main market they are made for.... as the EU has much stricter regulations it seems...

Noticeable difference between this and a 48V? - Nah, as I have said before, I don't see much of a reason for it, other than compatibility, and maybe slightly higher efficiency with the voltage.... Just had them made for demand is all...

Do you sell long cables for recumbents? - Custom, 20-30 day lead.

Between this and a Bafang BBS02 at the moment but have yet to ride a BBS equipped bike; had a mixed experience with the first generation of the TSDZ2. - Yeah... I hear a lot of that... I have had all positive experience with my TSDZ2 so far, other than glitchy XH18 display when I hit high voltage with it.... other than that, my experience has been entirely positive. Well, except for testing the torque sensor with wheelies and tweaking my back =P. It would be really good to try to find a BBS to test though. If I am going BBS, however, I would only consider the BBSHD.... now that this TSDZ2 is a little stronger, I don't see a reason for the BBS02, but that is just me. It is still slightly stronger at the end of the day... and a little more robust, to be entirely fair

I wonder why the longer cables or extensions are so difficult. Seems not so difficult and something TS would have already solved. Agreed, if this pans out it may well be a far better alternative than the BBS02, but we need more data and users to confirm. TS certainly is easier to talk to than Bafang. Fingers crossed hoping for a success.

squee22 said:
eyebyesickle said:

What glitchy issues are these?

I got the xh-18 on a 36 volt model. Works for me, but it's a shame I can't ever add a throttle.

New display and controller would allow for a throttle.

eyebyesickle said:
How much for the this kit? - $400 shipped. I have 14 left coming for this first batch.

Noticeable difference between this and a 48V? - Nah, as I have said before, I don't see much of a reason for it, other than compatibility, and maybe slightly higher efficiency with the voltage.... Just had them made for demand is all...

[/b]

Thanks; forgot to ask, will the 52V run at a higher pedal RPM than the 48V?
How much to post to the UK with and without a battery?

Back