New York’s proposed e-bike rebate could slash electric bike and scooter prices by 50%

None

1 W
Upcoming legislation, I hope it passes:

New York’s proposed e-bike rebate could slash electric bike and scooter prices by 50%

https://electrek.co/2022/08/31/new-york-e-bike-rebate/

It would be much better for cyclists of all kinds to use that money for car-free zones.

Chalo said:
It would be much better for cyclists of all kinds to use that money for car-free zones.
Yes! Agree, Agree, Agree!!!

My fantasy.

Pretty much a near-impossible uphill battle, at least from my experiences in my area. Motorists loudly and persistently scream bloody murder for every square inch of motorway that gets repurposed to protected cycle lanes. Threaten recall of city councilmembers, DOT leaders, mayor, county exec., judges, etc.

Ironic in some ways, as the very first improved roadways here were specifically for cyclists!

"On miles of marked trails, cyclists could ride safely, unharassed by other forms of transport. The paths connected public roadways and crossed private lots, usually with the permission or non-interference of the owners. In fact, the bike trails provided some of the first public access to some parts of the undeveloped city."

From https://crosscut.com/2013/09/seattles-first-golden-age-bikes

99t4 said:
Pretty much a near-impossible uphill battle, at least from my experiences in my area. Motorists loudly and persistently scream bloody murder for every square inch of motorway that gets repurposed to protected cycle lanes. Threaten recall of city councilmembers, DOT leaders, mayor, county exec., judges, etc.

If a large majority of voters owned slaves, slavery would still be legal. But that wouldn't make it any more acceptable. That's where we are with cars now. Even those who use them know it's wrong, but will defend the practice anyway because they're selfish and unethical.

And yes, it hurts to acknowledge that most of us are bad people who'll do the wrong thing every day.

Chalo said:
If a large majority of voters owned slaves, slavery would still be legal. But that wouldn't make it any more acceptable. That's where we are with cars now. Even those who use them know it's wrong, but will defend the practice anyway because they're selfish and unethical.

And yes, it hurts to acknowledge that most of us are bad people who'll do the wrong thing every day.

Amen!

Jeebus, needing a cage is now a sin? You must of been raised in a parochial school by ancient nuns from Slavic ghettos.

Almost true…

:lol:

Back