Nexcell 48V 2a nimh battery charger

chashb

100 mW
Hey guys,

It's been quite awhile since I've been around.... Many changes in who's using what! I'm still riding my e-EZSport CX recumbent and am going on 7 years with the same old 48V 20ah nimh battery pack! I just purchased a Tripod velomobile from Columbia Cycleworks in Oregon. There were a lot of things that attracted me to this velomobile, but the biggest thing was that it comes standard with the 750W Bafang mid drive. I have a 48V 12ah nimh battery pack that I've had for awhile now with very few cycles on it that I'd like to use in order to save some cash. The problem is that I can't seem to find a Nexcell 48V 2a nimh charger anywhere online? I have one for the e-EZSport CX, but I'd like to have a second one so that I can keep the Tripod trickle charged 24/7 too. Do any of you guys still use nimh battery packs and know where I could get a Nexcell or other decent 48V nimh charger? The 2A charge rate is fine for my use.

Thanks!

Charlie

AstroFlight still makes a fine NiCad/NiMh charger, the model 112. It will charge up to 40 cells and is actually American Technology with a reasonable price.
otherDoc

Thanks guys!

I wound up going with a Tenergy 48V 2A nimh charger. I liked this one because it does temperature as well as minus delta V cutoff. The cheaper Tenergy 48V 1A nimh charger I first saw only does minus delta V which wasn't an option for me as this is a hard charge that minimizes cycle life. It looks like Nexcell has moved onto the more modern battery chemistries... :cry: I intend to do this as well not too far down the road, but this 48V 12ah nimh battery pack I have on hand was just sitting there and velomobiles are expensive so shaving a little initial cost is a good thing... :lol:

Charlie

Back