Nucular Electronics owner's thread (setup infos, FW updates, links etc.)

Oops, I was posting in the wrong thread...
So I finally got around to flashing my controller and display with the latest firmware.
After flashing, resetting to defaults and loading back my config, I also did a couple of auto tunes on the motor.
Now the motor runs really rough when starting. If I roll on the throttle slowly it will smooth out, but if I pin the throttle fast it will jerk violently before stalling and stopping.
It seems like it's having trouble with the initial square wave part of turning the motor. I tried turning off square wave boost, adjusting boost current, played with acceleration limits and nothing seems to help.

I tried playing around with the throttle curve and voltage limits but that didn't help. I should also add that the problem is more pronounced when using higher power modes.

I ran some diagnostics and got the following results:

file.php

file.php

This indicates to me that the problem might be tuning related still, but I've played with many of the settings I know about without success. I'm wondering if it's related to one of the more advanced settings I don't know much about like the following from here:
http://nucularelectronics.wikidot.com/e ... etup#toc25

Integration threshold - analogue of the halls angles for the sensorless control mode.
Interpolate halls - smooth change of the hall angle based on speed. Used for FOC mode
Interpolation start - the motor is always started from a discrete angle, if digital halls are used. After the specified speed, the angle starts to change smoothly.

The only other thing I think it could be is the hall sensor angle setup, but every time I've messed with this in the past I've ruined it completely and had to revert to a backed up config to get it working again.

Any idea's?

Cheers

Anyone have some experience using Nucular controller with a contactor switching the battery voltage? (And starting it automatically?)

I'm converting my old east german motorcycle to electric, and ran in to this issue:
(I'm using a Nucular 12F without the onboard computer connected (the throttle and digital inputs are connected to the controller only) I'm reading live data with my own home built instrument cluster through CAN bus, everything works just fine)

The bike has it's own ignition key, and custom electronics that controls the precharge and a contactor to switch the battery voltage to the Nucular 12F controller.
So in this case the controller should power up automatically after applying the battery voltage.
(Based on my previous 1.5 year experience when the whole bike was in parts, this worked fine)

I'm noticed when I'm using a precharge resistor (470R) and contactor the Nucular 12F Controller doesn't power up, (or not reliably). Looks like to me, the voltage rise speed is too slow.
If I bypass the contactor and precharge resistor and connect to my temporary 48V server power supply directly (which i'm using because the battery is not completed yet)
the controller starts up with the power supply without any issue.

Currently the EN pin on the 6 pin CAN connector is not connected to anywhere.
Should I connect it to GND permanently? Or I need to manually "press" this to start?

Hi you have to let the controller discharge the capacitors when powering down. It lights up with a voltage that increases on ignition. When I do the precharge I do not exceed 60v before ignition. Beyond 60v the controller may not turn on.

Thanks for the help! :thumb:
I think I will dedicate an output from my instument cluster and pull the EN input with an optocoupler, just to make sure.

Hello, I’m having some trouble with my new 24f for surron. If anyone can offer some experience and insight, I really appreciate it.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=117709&p=1732783#p1732783

You should join the group on Telegram to have very precise and fast answers from VasiliSk

You can tell us quickly what the problem was and the solution.

HK12K said:
What connector does Nucular use for the waterproof hall connector on the 24f?

I need to source a couple of motor-side 6p hall connectors, preferably with pigtails, but am having more trouble than anticipated locating them.

Bringing back to life an old post, but it took me some hunting to find out what these actually are.
I believe they are clones of Furukawa RFW 090 series connectors.
RFW-6P090-M
RFW-6P090-F

Hopefully that helps someone else.

Has anyone messed around with unlocking the max voltage on these conrollers? Kind of missing a lot of my battery capacity (24S) after switching from old EM3EV controller. I can't even charge my battery up to 4V a cell now :cry:

Hey guys. I took a few years off messing with my Nucular 6fet. Im on SW version 0.71B. Does anyone know if I can jump all the way to the new firmware or do I have to load one from in between mine and the newest?

You can load latest right away, just dont forget to export settings before update if you need them
Thanks. I was able to update all the wares. My throttle and brake work fine but they always fail the auto setup. Is this a known issue I should be concerned about? The auto setup doesnt recognize them and times out on both throttle and brake.

Have you guys increased your production capacity or do you still expect a long wait after the new 6 and 12fet are released?

Thanks

Thanks. I was able to update all the wares. My throttle and brake work fine but they always fail the auto setup. Is this a known issue I should be concerned about? The auto setup doesnt recognize them and times out on both throttle and brake.

Have you guys increased your production capacity or do you still expect a long wait after the new 6 and 12fet are released?

Thanks
Where is your throttle and brake connected ? If display inputs then you need to do throttle / brake autosetup in display settings. If those are connected to controller side inputs, then you can do autosetup in controller settings.

Where is your throttle and brake connected ? If display inputs then you need to do throttle / brake autosetup in display settings. If those are connected to controller side inputs, then you can do autosetup in controller settings.
They are connected through the display. On your suggestion I did the auto setup in display. Throttle is scaled perfectly and the brake switch works fine.

When I do the full auto setup in controller settings they still fail to be recognized but it does not seem to be a problem since they were set up in display. Maybe I am missing a menu option somewhere in I/O where I have to tell it which port the throttle and brake are.

The good news is that it still works fine so I can be riding while I figure this out.

I just have to say I forgot how much I loved this controller. I have been messing around with a VESC for the last few weeks and this Nucular is so much nicer and easier to use. The motor auto setup was perfect on the first go and I find the menu navigation so much more intuitive. There is no deadband in the throttle like the VESC either. I will eventually convert all my bikes over to Nuculars.

Back