Nucular Electronics owner's thread (setup infos, FW updates, links etc.)

Hi friends, i did the latest firmware update. The acceleration curve is very different although I kept the same settings. I really like how it works now, but I would like to know how to modify it? The starts are smoother and linear then the power delivers as if there was a Turbo. With the old firmware was abrupt at startup and then linear in acceleration.

Its good ! :wink: I found it is in " control mode" there is a Throttle / brake curves adjustment and a lot of parameters to adjust it's great. :bigthumb: :D

endrew said:
OK, I was wrong. When setting control mode to FOC, the motor stutters, see attached video:

https://youtu.be/I71vRFXVekE
Hi,
Did you find what the problem was when the motor stutters.
I have the same problem. Motor starts smoothly then stutters at about half speed.
MXUS 3k
Eddie

it is necessary to reduce the setting of KPi to 100 instead of 500

electraflyit said:
endrew said:
OK, I was wrong. When setting control mode to FOC, the motor stutters, see attached video:

https://youtu.be/I71vRFXVekE
Hi,
Did you find what the problem was when the motor stutters.
I have the same problem. Motor starts smoothly then stutters at about half speed.
MXUS 3k
Eddie
It was the motor, Do not support FOC, probably hall sensors. Different motor works fine.

yes which confirms what I say 2 messages above. No need to change the engine the Nucular adapts.

I am about to place an order for a 6F controller. I had a few questions on what accessories I needed.

Is the "PWM IO/PAS wire" option only used for PAS? Or can it be used for other things?

Also, if I wanted to add front, rear, or turn signal lighting down the road, what options would I need? I assumed "Optical-isolated PWM driver". Would I ever need more than one of these addons?

Thanks.

Is the "PWM IO/PAS wire" removable or is it soldered directly to the controller?

Also, is the CAN cable accessory just an extra replacement cable or is it soldered to the controller?

all cables are connected to jst-x on the motherboard.
Look at this :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KkEgWcJ5U-AEkk6GrXhDNlYXFCcsjpUQ/view

Did you guys have to split up the payment into 2 separate payments? One via paypal and one via cloud payment? Just wanted to make sure that this was legit.

Thanks.

Hi Folks,

I currently have my ebike configured with a reention dp6 battery.

To power my bike I have to switch the battery one and then the Nuc.

Is there a way to configure the Nuc so that it powers on as soon as I start my battery?

If you folks could not get the Nucular Controller, what would have gone with? I've had the Votol and did not come with progressive regen and software was buggy with so many different versions to choose from as well.

I'm on the wait list for Nucular, but need to get something to pair up to my QS3kw motor. My Votol was 150 model and was plenty for that motor. Anything else on the market that is comparable?

Kelly ... Sabvoton ... but the only one that compares to the Nucular is the Adaptto

Hello all I was just wondering if I could get a little help. I just purchased a Nucular 6f and got it all set up today. I am using a cyclone 3000w motor and 72v battery. the problem is when I start to pull away the motor stutters, it only happens on very low throttle. is there some setting somewhere that will help me get rid of the stutter ? or has anyone got a cyclone 3000w already set up that I can have the config for ?. Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

andrewrich said:
Hello all I was just wondering if I could get a little help. I just purchased a Nucular 6f and got it all set up today. I am using a cyclone 3000w motor and 72v battery. the problem is when I start to pull away the motor stutters, it only happens on very low throttle. is there some setting somewhere that will help me get rid of the stutter ? or has anyone got a cyclone 3000w already set up that I can have the config for ?. Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It sounds like it may still be set to sensorless control. Set it to FOC and save.

John in CR said:
andrewrich said:

It sounds like it may still be set to sensorless control. Set it to FOC and save.

its already in FOC Mode. any other ideas?

@John61ct, Yes he's doing FOC.
@Andrewrich On PID regulator, You can decrease the KPi setting to 100.
Did you set the number of poles correctly ?
Did you do the last update?

Back