Offroad Onda with integrated electronics

benj

100 W
Something a bit different I think :) Here is my take on an Onda

board1.JPG

It's an Onda Core with Trampa MTB wheels, and to make it semi-stealth - electronics mounted in-deck.

belly2.JPG

belly_covers.JPG

It looks pretty awesome I think, very happy with it. The ride is nice and soft and smooth.

It's been designed as a 'grass surfer' - so pretty mellow 6S and not meant for real off road. It's way more fun than the MBS eMTB because of the flex and low ride height. Perfect board for the back of the car and chasing my daughter round the park on :D

rear1.JPG

awesomeness. please post a video of a ride ! what are the electronics used ? did you made your mount yourself ?

you should round the edges of the mount and paint it black or red to match the wheel rims!

what is the total cost of this ?

Oh Owww... and you haven't told us ? :twisted:
very nice work integrating the electronics :wink: may I ask a bit more about the spécifications (motor kV and ratio)
(I think it's a Core, not a Vibe)

It's a home-made mount. Just simple 6mm aluminium plate, cut to make a clamp around the square truck hanger.

Electronics are Alien micro ESC, twin 3S 5000mah Lipo and 63mm 130KV Alien motor.

Gearing is 50 tooth sprocket and 20 tooth pulley, 2.5/1 ratio. ISO 08B1 chain.

Thanks @made_in_the_alps_legacy - you are right it's a Core (edited above!)

@okp - yeah for sure! I must get some black paint and round off those corners...I made the mistake of not doing it first - and now I just want to ride it :lol:

Very nice and compact! I particularly like (what i'm assuming is) the XT charging socket built into the deck at the rear. Neat!

Sweet! Is that an LED or button by the XT plug? Do you have a power switch or do you manage that with the connectors?

Did you reinforce the deck somehow after you cut out the structural fins for the batteries? Not sure how much you weigh or how much offroading you plan to do, but you cut out a pretty good percentage of the boards structure right out from under your front foot.

All of that aside, this build is inspiring. It looks really nice!

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you like it :)

Wayno said:
Sweet! Is that an LED or button by the XT plug? Do you have a power switch or do you manage that with the connectors?

It's a button for antispark and the XT plug is the power switch/key. I didn't have a nice power on switch like Torque/APS sell, but the setup fits nicely in the gap.

psychotiller said:
Did you reinforce the deck somehow!

No, but I think I will. There is a lot of material removed and the board is certainly more flexy after being modified. If I jump on it the belly hits the floor.

It's not a board for heavy offroad use, but I still think some reinforcement could be a good idea.

woow, that's very good to know, that those MBS wheels have the same bearing OD that the original bearing
I think I would have put the "working bearing" (8mm ID) on the outside, so 8-10-10-8, but it's not really an issue
..or I misunderstand because on your pictures it seems there is room left even with a pile of 4 bearings per axle

Back