Old bosch ebike, diy battery

Casper78

100 µW
Hi, I have an older bosch ebike. The battery 36v 300wh power pack with wide connection was stolen. Buying a new battery isn’t worth it. I tried connecting a diy battery but realized that I need signaling for the system to work. Does anyone know what kind of signal I need between the green and yellow wires, since I don’t have bosch bms on my battery. Thanks!

I’m sorry - I don’t know what kind of communication the old Bosh BMS was giving to the controller to make it operate. You’re stuck because Bosch decided to make a their gear proprietary and not play well with other’s components, locking you into their product line. Trek and others have done the same with their batteries — making service or repair difficult. It’s annoying.

Maybe others will have an insight on what the controller wants to hear to turn on. If not, I’d start taking a look at what it would take to replace the controller so you can use your new battery and get the bike back in service.

I’m sorry - I don’t know what kind of communication the old Bosh BMS was giving to the controller to make it operate. You’re stuck because Bosch decided to make a their gear proprietary and not play well with other’s components, locking you into their product line. Trek and others have done the same with their batteries — making service or repair difficult. It’s annoying.

Maybe others will have an insight on what the controller wants to hear to turn on. If not, I’d start taking a look at what it would take to replace the controller so you can use your new battery and get the bike back in service.
Thanks, its a 1. generation 300 powerpack, wide connctor. Anyone selling a bms for my nattery

thanks for your reply. Will a never type Bosch powerpack with a cirkular plugg work if its fitted with the wide connection on my 1. generation Classic Line motor?

Thanks, its a 1. generation 300 powerpack, wide connctor. Anyone selling a bms for my nattery

I've never been able to find factory replacements for proprietary BMSs like Bosch. Your best bet is to use another BMS, if needed, as well as another controller, because it sounds like the controller and the BMS have to talk with each other in order for the system to operate. I'm not an expert on Bosch systems - just sharing my impressions based on what you've already said.

thanks for your reply. Will a never type Bosch powerpack with a cirkular plugg work if its fitted with the wide connection on my 1. generation Classic Line motor?
I'm sorry - but I don't quite understand your question. Please try asking it again. Additionally, pictures of the plugs might help, as I don't know what a "circular plug" (possibly an XLR plug) or "wide connection" looks like.

Back