ON SALE TODAY ONLY $99. EGO 56v Blower(battery+charger+blow)

RageNR

100 W
On sale at HomeDepot, today only. Regular $199, today $99.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-110-mph-530-CFM-Variable-Speed-Turbo-56-Volt-Lithium-ion-Cordless-Electric-Blower-LB5302/206584690?
EGO 56v blower. Comes with 110mph 560cfm blower, 2.5Ah 56v battery, and charger.
If you have been looking to use these packs for your build, I have not seen a better price yet.

Benefit of using this instead of buying/building another battery:
- Packs are self contained, and offer protection. Both physically and electrically.
- Built by a large corporation. Not a small time builder.
- 3yr Warranty (on the battery+charger). If it goes bad, you have a much better chance of getting a replacement.
- 5yr Warranty on the blower.
- Cost effective and Multiple use. Use it on your ebike project, and also with EGO tools.
- Upgrade later. You get a 2.5Ah (140 Whr) pack with this kit. Buy larger capacity packs later to enhance your ebike performance and range.

Get you 2 of these and have 280 Whr of power for your ebike. You'll have 2 batteries and 2 chargers. Also 2 blowers. LoL
4e0b1d79-25e6-4457-8dde-93229f2720cd_1000.jpg

ba1400.jpg

attachment.php

How do you propose connecting them together?

They make larger capacity in the same brand. Can't seem to find any real info on the cells. Seems like a reasonable idea, but I don't see a big cost savings. How many amps can you draw continuously?

I couldn't find any real info about the company behind this.

https://www.amazon.com/EGO-Power-56-Volt-Battery-Equipment/product-reviews/B00NP1MZFO/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=avp_only_reviews

After Shipping Paul's batteries are pretty much the same cost (Per Watt Hours...sure the warranty is different)... but I've had good luck with them and application specific.

http://em3ev.com/product/50v-14s5p-rectangle-battery-pack/

Connecting them together is the easy part, I would like to know what the other terminals are for, I think the blower has 3 terminals so I think the 3rd is a temprature probe but Im only guessing.

Thats a good deal, maybe you could take apart the blower and use its motor.

I just priced out Luna's 25R selections 10Ah, 12.5Ah and 20Ah and they are equal to HD including Luna's s/h price. Good thing with Luna is he only charges $30usd flat rate shipping, even to Canada (going by his checkout cart).

Canada does not have such a sale on. There blowers dont even come with a battery or charger, which you got to remember that the charger when bought seprately adds up the total cost.

Home Depot Canada has Free Shipping
7.5Ah $559 = $74.53/Ah
5Ah $298 = $59.60/Ah
4Ah $239 = $59.75/Ah
2.5Ah $229 = $91.60/Ah
2Ah $178 = $89/Ah
*While EM3EV's 50V 10.5Ah is $735(<^all cad) shipped. $782 for EGO to obtain 10.5Ah.
So yes its about the same price. However if EGO is stocked in store, you get to buy right away and take it home. You get extra stringent safety standards from EGO, not saying EM3EV isn't, not at all. You just have to weigh your options.

Combo Weed Eater - https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.110-mph-530-cfm-variable-speed-turbo-56-volt-lithium-ion-cordless-electric-blower.1000850646.html

Combo Air Blower - https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.110-mph-530-cfm-variable-speed-turbo-56-volt-lithium-ion-cordless-electric-blower.1000850646.html

Question is which product (blower, weeder) would have the most powerful motor for ebike application?

I was just thinking that these EGO packs look good in their hardcase packs with functional vents and water protection. You dont get vents with hardpacks, plus EGO packs better then heat shrunk packs for sure.

Build using EGO pack
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83525&p=1225726&hilit=ego+pack+on+bike#p1223783

Another added bonus to these EGO packs with its hard case is it does not look like a battery at all, so carrying it on your rear rack, or on the seat post no one would have a clue.

I think I am solidly sold on buying EGO. I have priced them out 100 ways to one and what sold me is comparing Luna Cycle battery pack prices to EGO and they are equal.

An even better deal, is this sale going on. Save money buying these on sale over regular price and get a free Blower.

You will need a few.
2.5Ah doesnt get you far. Even 5 or 10 Ah is pretty minimal, and by then you will have a pretty messy battery set up and a lot of spare blowers for Craigs list.!
Sound like Ego are trying to get shot of all those low capacity packs.

Yuuuuuuuuup
Best to go for their value $/Ah 4Ah or 5Ah packs..... work out to be $60/Ah, their 7.5Ah packs are the largest I have seen from EGO but you pay a premium for them $75/Ah. Based on dot CA website of course. Not sure if you could sell the new blower/trimmer/chainsaw on the online classifieds or not, perhaps at a discount. Say list it as 50% off, its brand new & never been used, then say you are moving, maybe get a couple quarters for it/them.

Hay HillHater - What would you say is a good capacity amount of Ah to have?
10Ah is best I think, on up of course. Depends on what you are doing of course. For me 10Ah or 15Ah is ideal.

I am not saying these are the best option. But it is a simple option with a good warranty that many might be interested in.
I've seen people use these on builds, and others have been interested in using them as well.
Figured I would post this sale for those that might want to jump in at a lower price.

As for the actual cell brand/type, I am not sure. Quite positive that the info is out there, so have a look.
Cells in this 56v battery should be capable of 20-30A (since it is meant to power hungry tools). Pack will most likely be 14s1p, with 2500mAh cells. (14 cells total)
2 of these hooked up to your bike in parallel should give you at least 40A capable discharge at 56v.
1800w - 2240w of power available on the top end. Possibly more if they have better cells capable of 30A. (~2690w - 3360w) Although, the capacity will not last long at these power levels.

This is not for me though. I am going through the process of building my own battery pack from scratch.
Just posted since it was on sale and some ebike builders showed interest.

Shouldn't be combined with the ego battery price drop thread I made like a month ago. Since it leads to discussing about the same topic in how to connect etc.

The small packs are samsung 20R bigger are 25r.

I really don't care what happens to this thread. Merge it or not.
Honestly a mod should just delete it now. Sale is over, and the product page on HD's site has been taken down for this model.

They might still be on sale in store if you can find one. HD is notorious for posting "One Day" sales, then removing the product page to slow sales. Have seen it happen time and time again.

Like I said before, not for me. Might be for someone though. I saw it on sale early in the morning so I went ahead and posted it quickly so those that had expressed interest would have ample time to see it that day. I did not bother to go searching through the threads, other than a quick search to see that no one had posted this sale. I did not gain in any way from posting this thread. Did it purely for the benefit of others.
A lot of the time good info/sales like this goes overlooked when posted at the end of an existing multi-page thread. Take that as you will.

MODS: You have my consent to delete this thread, as the information is no longer pertinent and the sale is over.

Ryobi batteries at HD is $99(cad) for 20V 4Ah (x2)
Reg $160.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_g7VJi7yg
Samsung 20Q 15A discharge not bad for half the price of EGO packs.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18v-one-high-capacity-40-ah-batteries-2-pack.1000681583.html
Canada website.

Just another option.

Considering the costs in CA right now, that seems like a decent price. These 2pack 4Ah Ryobi's were $199 (US) just a few years ago. I believe it was Christmas of 2014 when they overloaded all of the HD stores with hundreds of these bundles at $99 ea. Following Christmas sales HD stores had so many, they began to clearance them out. Several stores around here had them at $75, and a few stores had them for $50.
$50 for x2 4Ah batteries? YES PLEASE! :mrgreen:
So I have about x8 of these 4Ah packs and x4 of the slim 2Ah packs. LoL

Let me shed some light on these particular batteries though...
Not all of them have Samsung cells. In fact, the 2 I have pulled apart right now have LGDAHB21865 cells. And further, 1 of my Milwaukee 4Ah packs has different cells from the others (all bought at the same time/same store). So there can be a variation in the cells within these packs.

As for using the Ryobi packs, the issue is the connection method. I have several of these 4Ah packs that have melted tops where the contacts are, from being used just in my Ryobi tools. The 18v Angle Grinder is the worst offender.
The connection is not solid enough, and generates excess heat. So I do not feel these are a good fit for an ebike, unless you can figure out a better connection method. Just my $.02

Back