on shrink wrapping

markass530

10 W
So I Picked up some PVC Shrink wrap, It's cool and all, but I ve had several batteries wrapped in this stuff that was like wire shrink wrap, same material, vs the shiny plasticy PVC, but I Cant seem to figure out what its made of, or how to find large sizes for battery packs, any ideas?

Try the search button up at the top on the right.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=44410&p=646429&hilit=large+shrink+wrap#p646429
Super big Heat shrink for lipo

I bought from ebike.ca
HS20Blk.jpg

im really good at searching for stuff, but If I dont know what to search for (the kind of shrink wrap) im kinda SOL

On that stuff from ebikes.ca , is it plastic-y or rubber-ee? (for lack of a better descriptor..)

markass530 said:
im really good at searching for stuff, but If I dont know what to search for (the kind of shrink wrap) im kinda SOL

You mean SOL right now? Because marty's post has ebikes.ca to buy from and lots of threads at the search link he posted.

yea, Like I said, I Have Shrink Wrap, I have no problem finding shrink wrap. I'm seriously known for how good I am at finding damn near anything searching on the internet. so the whole "just search for it" thing isn't needed here. I Did search for it. My Question was for something I can't search for because I dont know what it is (the material the shrink wrap is made of), perhaps you should consider searching for some reading comprehension lessons, since I Clearly stated that when I started the thread.

markass530 said:
yea, Like I said, I Have Shrink Wrap, I have no problem finding shrink wrap. I'm seriously known for how good I am at finding damn near anything searching on the internet. so the whole "just search for it" thing isn't needed here. I Did search for it. My Question was for something I can't search for because I dont know what it is (the material the shrink wrap is made of), perhaps you should consider searching for some reading comprehension lessons, since I Clearly stated that when I started the thread.

Ok, I didn't tell you to search but whatever you say.

The wikipedia article on heat-shrink lists many materials heat-shrink are made from.

Here's another source for it:
Boat wrap 14' wide x 6 mil x footage you want, $2.18 & free shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boat-Shrink-Wrap-Construction-Wrap-14-W-X-Footage-C-/130426481300

mark5 said:
markass530 said:

The wikipedia article on heat-shrink lists many materials heat-shrink are made from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boat-Shrink-Wrap-Construction-Wrap-14-W-X-Footage-C-/130426481300

well that wasn't directed at you then, I appreciate your help, but yea I can find all sorts of shrink wrap, I have now way know knowing from a picture if its what Im thinking of , I was wondering if anyone Had any Personal Experience with a Certain kind of shrink wrap that matches my description , not search links, like I said I Can do that all day long.

markass530 said:
mark5 said:
markass530 said:

well that wasn't directed at you then, I appreciate your help, but yea I can find all sorts of shrink wrap, I have now way know knowing from a picture if its what Im thinking of , I was wondering if anyone Had any Personal Experience with a Certain kind of shrink wrap that matches my description , not search links, like I said I Can do that all day long.

When searching for information it is helpful if you reply to a existing topic rather then starting a new one. That way all the information is in one place. Makes it easier for other people to find information in the future.

I have been obsessed with shrink wrap for most of my life. When I was younger I tried to wrap my whole body with shrink wrap. Luckily my mother seen what I was doing and took my heat gun away from me :roll:

markass530 said:
What is SOL?

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SOL
SOL Sadly Outta Luck (polite form)
SOL Staff of Light (gaming)
SOL SuperOnline (ISP)
SOL Summer of Love
SOL Statute of Limitations (legal term)
SOL Skilled Occupation List (Australia)
SoL Symphony of Light (Online Gaming Community)
SOL Suda on Line
SOL Simulation Oriented Language
SOL Service d'Ordre Legionnaire (French force in WWII)
SOL Struck Out Looking (baseball)
SOL Screaming out Loud
SOL Service Opportunities in Leadership
SOL Scenario Overlay (gaming, Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter PS2)
SOL Shoot-Out Loss
SOL System Off Line
SOL System Operating Limit (North American Electric Reliability Council)
SOL Solutions in Organisations Linkup
SoL Seal of Light (gaming, world of warcraft)
SOL Semantic Operating Language
SOL Small Out-Line Integrated Circuit
SOL Survive Outdoors Longer (Adventure Medical Survival Pak)
SOL Safe Operating Limit
SOL Smile Out Loud
SOL Stuff Outta Luck (polite form)
SOL Sorta Outta Luck
SOL Special Olympics Louisiana
SOL Short On Landing
SOL Sobbing Out Loud
SOL Sockolet (pipe fitting)
SOL Samurai of Legend
SOL Somewhat Out of Luck
SOL Static on Line
SOL Swear Out Loud
SOL Subculture of Live (fan club for the band Live)
SOL Saudi On Line
SOL Stoked on Life Productions
SOL Sistema de Operaciones en Linea (Peru)
SOL Synchronous On-Line (curriculum)
SOL Sequence Order List
SOL Stricken Off Leave (legal)
SOL Sighthounds on the Lam
SOL Software Object Library
SOL Second-Order Closed Loop
SOL Shazzam - Outta Luck (Gomer Pyle polite form)
SOL Soul of Lineage (game)
SOL Seafarer's Open Learning System
SOL Stricken on Leave
SOL Stoppages of Off & Leave
SOL Standards of Law
SOL Statue of Liberty (New York City)
SOL Statute of Limitations
SOL Scotland Online
SOL Solomon Airlines (ICAO code)
SOL Shadows of Luclin (Everquest expansion)
SOL Office of the Solicitor (US Department of Labor)
SOL Signs of Life (Steven Curtis Chapman album)
SOL Sons of Liberty
SOL Simply Out of Luck (polite form)
SOL Space-Occupying Lesion (medical)
SOL Satellite Of Love
SOL Scandinavia Online
SOL Speed of Light
SOL Standards Of Leadership
SOL Standards Of Learning
SOL Solenoid
SOL Solicitation
SOL Solution
SOL Sooner Or Later
SOL Statement of Liability
SOL Serial Over LAN (Local Area Network; computer science)
SOL State Owned Land (various locations)
SOL Society for Organizational Learning
SOL School of Leadership (various locations)
SOL Standard of Living
SOL Secretary of Labor
SOL Sticker on Label (records)
SOL Short on Luck
SOL Seasons of Love (movie)
SOL Soleus (muscle)
SOL Sanctity of Life
SOL Solola (Guatemala territorial division)
SOL Start of Life
SOL Source of Light (Miami, Florida rock band)
SOL Shout Out Loud (internet chat)
SOL Shipowner's Liability
Sol Soluble (chemistry)
SOL Standard Operating Level (electronics)
SOL Scottish Omnibuses Ltd

marty said:
markass530 said:
What is SOL?

If I were a Smart Ass I'd say google it (which would work) but I'll refrain, SOL = Shit outta luck one of those acronyms that predate the internet

markass530 said:
marty said:
markass530 said:
What is SOL?

If I were a Smart Ass I'd say google it (which would work) but I'll refrain, SOL = Shit outta luck one of those acronyms that predate the internet
Sorry about that. You type fast. After I typed my question, I thought to myself, bet ya I could find SOL by poking around at Google. You must have hit the reply button after I hit the edit button with my copy and paste list of SOLs.

LOL @ Why would it mattter what kind it is. Why does it matter what kind of Battery it is? Why does it matter What kind of metal the frame is made of, etc et

Back