• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Only getting 20A delivered controller is 30A?

rogerc

1 W
I have a Mac 10 t set up from cellman with the 9 fet 3077, 36-50V Infineon Controller and the Cycle Analyst 3 with the 50 v 18.5 ah battery.
My top speed is just under 24 mph and I thought it would be just a tad higher. Also the diagnostic screen will show the A (amp) limit flag when I first take off.
Also the amp meter shows a max of 20 amps on the cycle analyst. So it appears that my amps are being limited.
I have triple checked the settings in the Cycle Analyst and have the amp set to 30.
What am I missing?
Do I need to program the controller rather than the CA 3?
Thanks
RC

is your motor wind is a slow type? you will have very good troque to run up hill, when is a slow wind it will draw less current on flat ground no matter how hard your press your throttle. i hope more input for mac motors. i use is dd motor. thanks

For comparison my mac 10 at 57v will pull 2100w from a dead stop. At cruise it pulls about 900-1000w and propels me about 28mph. 31mph on a fresh charge.

I would think that from a dead stall you'd hit 30amps. 15-20a at cruise.

The only time you'll see 30A is when you pulling max amps. That's a very rare occasion. If you just want to see what the max is, put your bike against a wall and go wot for a couple of seconds. If you burn your controller up, don't blame me. Or find the steepest hill you can find and go wot from the bottom. That should come close to max.

I think it's your CA settings, but I don't know shit about how to adjust them. I have just stand alone CA's. Must be set for 20 amps or so.

Edit, duhh, I missed that you do have it set to 30 amps. Could it be that your battery, or wiring is only delivering 20 amps? Funky plug someplace? Battery just can't do it?

From em3ev: The following are fairly conservative estimates of what speeds you might expect with the various windings with a 36V battery pack (12S A123 liFePO4) in a 26" wheel assuming a sufficiently powerful controller and battery combination are used:
• 12T - 25km/h (15mph). 10T - 32km/h (20mph), 8T - 39km/h (24mph).
• At 48V expect the following, 12T - 34km/h (21mph). 10T - 40km/h (25mph), 8T - 48km/h (31mph).

You're not far off, says 25mph for the 10t wind.

I am most concerned about not being able to pull more than 19 amps and only 1750 watts as shown by the cycle analyst 3.
Any suggestions?
RC

Don`t know about the ca v3 but on older model dp ca`s there is a place in the ca set up to adjust the shunt resistance value.

Back