PAS and pedal rotation direction - problem

miki

100 µW
Hello everyone, I'm new here.

I have a KT36V/48V 12A controller (max. 25A) Sinusoidal and a small problem with the PAS sensor. The sensor sends pulses when the pedals are turned forward and backward. Although the PAS has directional arrows, it does not correctly detect the direction of the pedals. I probably have the middle type of PAS sensor (pictured). A quick test showed that, depending on the direction of the pedals, the level of rectangular wave filling changes (42% or 48%). These are not oscilloscope measurements, but a simple multimeter. You probably can't trust them completely, but they let you assess the situation.

PAS_Signal.jpg

Has anyone already written (e.g. On Attiny13 in C) the function of recognizing the direction of rotation of the pedals by analyzing the level of filling the square wave of the PAS sensor signal?

All the genaric kits I've used (including sine wave controllers) I have used required me to turn the sensor around.
Using the supplied bracket I simply secured it with one screw.

motomech said:
All the genaric kits I've used (including sine wave controllers) I have used required me to turn the sensor around.
Using the supplied bracket I simply secured it with one screw.

What will this change? I have a bike with its wheels up. The chain is now removed. PAS is mounted. I can turn the pedals forwards and backwards. The sensor gives impulses to the output when turning forwards and backwards.

Will reversing the sensor (I also have this screw) change anything?

Back