PAS is backwards

JBG

1 mW
The PAS that came with my kit seems to be backwards. I installed it on the non-drive (left) side of my bike, and it only works when I spin the pedals backwards. Flipping the magnet disk makes no difference.

I tried flipping the sensor, as in this video https://youtu.be/ZwJhIGMDANA but then it doesn’t work at all, no matter how I orient the magnet disk.

Is there a way to reverse spin direction in the display settings. My display lookes like this:

249988DD-E234-4C56-8F85-39BD950DBB6F.jpeg

I tried mounting on the drive side (took off that crank also), but there is no threaded piece to mount it to.

Thanks for all your help!

JBG said:
I tried flipping the sensor, as in this video https://youtu.be/ZwJhIGMDANA but then it doesn’t work at all, no matter how I orient the magnet disk.

Ha ha. That guy in the video is funny with all his grunting.

You don't have to use the round bracket if you can fashion something home made.

That’s creative. It doesn’t work if I flip the sensor around. It does work if I place it on the outside of the magnetic disk. Are there some wires I can flip that will reverse direction?

So grateful for all the knowledge in this forum!

Most PAS sensors that come w/ those kits have to be mounted backwards. You simply need to get it close enough to the disc and aligned and that is done by putting the bike up-side down and locating it by hand(and turning the crank).
I use the kit mounting bracket, but don't locate it inside the chain-rings. I bend it so it has a 90 degree bend in it and then epoxy it on the under-side of the bottom bracket. When mounting the sensor backwards on the kit bracket, I remember that only one screw can be used, but it's enough.

Thanks. Turning the bike over meant I found the correct orientation. Now I need to figure out how to mount it in that orientation. If I reverse the sensor on the bracket, it puts the sensor too close to the disk, and they rub. I don’t have anything that can bend the bracket (my pliers are bending the ring part, but not the mount). Hrm...

JBG said:
Thanks. Turning the bike over meant I found the correct orientation. Now I need to figure out how to mount it in that orientation. If I reverse the sensor on the bracket, it puts the sensor too close to the disk, and they rub. I don’t have anything that can bend the bracket (my pliers are bending the ring part, but not the mount). Hrm...

I hot glued mine to my bottom bracket housing. Used a piece of plastic to make a spacer to get it to all line up.

Back