PAS Wiring - Please can you guys help me out?

Guys,

Im replacing the Cadence sensor on my companies Ebike with a 12 magnet version in order to try to reduce the "lag" the current PAS system is showing before kicking in when a person first sets off pedalling the bike.

Here is the wiring on the current PAS Sensor on our bike:-

Current Connector Wiring.JPG

Heres the wiring for the 12 magnet PAS Sensor I want to fit to the bike:-

12 Magnet Wiring.JPG

Please can one of you guys tell me which each colour wire on my current PAS pertains to Cathode/Signal/Power Supply?

Thanks in advance - Andy :)

Although not 100% guaranteed, convention suggests the following wiring pinout:

Black - Ground (cathode)
Red - 5V (power supply)
Yellow - Signal

My controller doesn't have a PAS sensor port. is there any way I can club it with Throttle connection ? without throttle only pedaling will run the motor ?

Kionic said:
My controller doesn't have a PAS sensor port. is there any way I can club it with Throttle connection ? without throttle only pedaling will run the motor ?
No. PAS and throttle output two different types of signal that are incompatible with each other and require their own dedicated controller input.

danielrlee said:
Kionic said:
No. PAS and throttle output two different types of signal that are incompatible with each other and require their own dedicated controller input.

Thanks so much, then I need to change the whole controller. Please suggest me a controller with PAS & Regenerative braking.

Kionic said:
danielrlee said:
Kionic said:

Thanks so much, then I need to change the whole controller. Please suggest me a controller with PAS & Regenerative braking.
Which battery and motor do you have?

danielrlee said:
Kionic said:
danielrlee said:
Kionic said:

I've 14S 58.6V 22AH 5C Lithium Cobalt battery & 48v 1500W unbranded non geared hub Motor from Aliexpress.
Controller doesn't have any option for Display or PAS sensor.

Kionic said:
danielrlee said:
Kionic said:
danielrlee said:

I've 14S 58.6V 22AH 5C Lithium Cobalt battery & 48v 1500W unbranded non geared hub Motor from Aliexpress.
One last question, does your motor have 3, 8, or 9 wires?

danielrlee said:
Kionic said:
danielrlee said:
Kionic said:

One last question, does your motor have 3, 8, or 9 wires?

My Motor Has 3 Phase Wire (Blue Green Yellow) & 5 Hall Censor Wire Total 8 Wires.

No, I've not yet opened the Controller, It's a brilliant idea, Let me open it & I'll share the Internal Photos.

Back