Pasion ebike kit

Fvrdol

10 mW
Hello, i am asking for my friend who want to make electric mtb so he want to know how is this kit for his 29" mtb. Can you tell your opinion
Thank you in forward

https://www.pasionebike.com/products/passion-48v-1500w-motor-bicicleta-electric-bicycle-bike-conversion-kit-for-20-24-26-700c-28-29-rear-wheel

The components look good. Personally, I'd try to pay about $100 less than that price based on the price of the components, by searching around some more. That would leave more to spend on the battery.

ebay and amazon are your friends in North America, UK, Aus, probably Ali's for asian countries.

If you have better option feel free to say...
What batery would be optimal?

Optimal battery will be costly, most want to roll the dice and cheap out.
ebay and amazon are your friends for ebike kits, in NA, UK, AUS, use the Ali's or your local gettup for elsewhere.
Choosing a vendor that is trustworthy would be simply using the search button.
On the battery side, same thing applies. People have been known to use tool pack batteries sold by outfits such as Home Depot, whether keeping them whole and intact, or taking out the pcb bms and doing your own MULTIPLE cell encasement, or you get lucky on EGO packs. Heck, theres still people rocking lead acid batteries, the bow legged epidemic.

Here is the low down, you must seek out information on how much power you want. Then you look at the terrain and slope gradients for x-amount of distance. We work back and forward from there, if you want to choose the optimal e-bike kit, see your thinking is reversed there. Yes the battery is crucial to. Battery size ah/wh, discharge amps, format, final dimensions, all play a big part. Or, throw the dart at ebay and hope you get a motor with your right kv/turn-count. Leafmotor, Leafbike is good, take a peek.

Fvrdol said:
If you have better option feel free to say...
What batery would be optimal?

One stupid question.... Bafang 500w is it better than some other products from 1000w?

If the 20" wheel you linked is for your BMX project, I would be inclined to find a wheel with a geared hub motor instead. Direct drive motors are larger than geared hub motors and that is why that wheel is laced with a radial spoke pattern. It is the only pattern they can use with that small a rim and that large a hub, but it is weaker than cross patterns. If this is for a mountain bike, then the bike will probably have larger wheels and you can use a better spoke pattern even with a direct drive motor.

MTA: The watt rating of the motor is almost never accurate. The manufacturer will give it a rating that meets the regulatory requirements of the country they want to sell it in. Most likely, it can burst to higher power without damaging the motor. The controller is what determines how much power is sent to the motor. Most non-athlete cyclists put out 100 watts or less when pedaling and can burst up to 200-300 watts when riding uphill. There are lots of other factors such as how much you, the bike, and your cargo weight, how steep and long the hill is, etc. However, 500 watts should get you over most hills.

Back