Patience pays off. Smooth Rider. 😎

Chalo said:
calab said:
Do not be fooled, having weight can be advantageous, there is of course a curve as to much weight is not good, but having little weight can be bad to. There is a sweet spot of course.

On a bicycle, there's no advantage to greater than necessary weight. It's only the things that extra weight can buy you (rigidity, durability, low cost, etc.) that are advantages. Extra weight without other benefits is worse than useless.

Only time I can think of having extra weight is maybe over the drive wheel. I use to bolt 60 lbs of lead on the rear bumper of my 60 c-10 when bracket racing.😁

Ok I passed my MacGyver test. Took about 20 min. Ok maybe I flunked. 🤔
Looks like I can catch one rivnut. 🤔 Time to get brave and drill for 2 more. First I am going to fit the hub first. Make sure I don't have any problems with that.
20220719_183625.jpg

Finally got to ride it. Took the old slow wind 9c from my Rincon. Everything worked out well. I had to cut up my torque arms and weld them up again. Bonus points if you can tell where the "washers" came from. :D

Attachments

• 20220822_154927.jpg
    20220822_154927.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 370
  • 20220826_185914.jpg
    20220826_185914.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 370
Nope. Think sbc. Small block Chevy.. :D

Also need to get out the soldering iron and shorten a few wires. Also want to reroute the wires from the battery. Don't like them flexing with the suspension. Controller wires too.

Also how much air to run in the shock. My compressor goes to 125. It seems pretty soft but I do like the ride..

torker said:
Bonus points if you can tell where the "washers" came from. :D
Valve cover.

torker said:
Also how much air to run in the shock. My compressor goes to 125. It seems pretty soft but I do like the ride..
Start at around 250 psi. Most always needs a dedicated shock pump for that. Special schrader fitting that minimizes pressure loss (shock air reservoir is tiny) upon disconnect. See if your FLBS will let you borrow theirs to try.

Basic FS setup starts at 2" - 3" suspension sag when sitting on the saddle.

Running 0 or near 0 psi can damage shock internals.

Valve cover. Yep... 👍
It was different than the Rincon. The area was contoured.
It is hard to get air in it. I had to grind one of my air chucks to get on the valve. Thanks for the info on the pressure. I will get with my fav bike shop.

Cleaned up wiring a little. Even took my battery base apart and drilled a hole to attach an adel clamp so my main batt wires go straight up to top tube. Added my Turnigy meter.
Removed the front derailleur. High gear now. 👍
Also I was able to center my rear wheel better and trued it. The rim brakes are working correctly now..
Now I want to get another Cloud 9 seat and raise the bars some. Oh and my speedo...

99t4 said:
Most always needs a dedicated shock pump for that. Special schrader fitting that minimizes pressure loss (shock air reservoir is tiny) upon disconnect.
I got one of these because it has a High Pressure and High Volume mode. However as the pump cylinder is only 14 mm in diameter with 120 mm stroke "High Volume" is a bit of a stretch (total length is about 10 inches). Still in an emergency it is only one pump to carry :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09F5WSTYS
71LTkiIxd5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

👍 Thanks for that.. 125 psi will have to do till next week.
My cheapo Schwinn speedo is nada.. impossible to get the magnet close to the sensor. Big angle because of the spokes. If that is the problem. Not sure. 1650 watts.btw.😁🤘

And if anyone has a recommendation for a good rear mount kickstand. Tia
20220827_131134.jpg

Attachments

• 20220827_151357.jpg
    20220827_151357.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 327
  • 20220827_131837.jpg
    20220827_131837.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 327
torker said:
Greenfield Stabilizer® Rear Mount Kickstand. Don't waste your time with anything else!

https://www.amazon.com/Greenfield-SKS2-Rear-Mounted-Bicycle-Kickstand/dp/B0788BWYJH

99t4 said:
torker said:
Greenfield Stabilizer® Rear Mount Kickstand. Don't waste your time with anything else!

https://www.amazon.com/Greenfield-SKS2-Rear-Mounted-Bicycle-Kickstand/dp/B0788BWYJH

Awesome I have used their stands..

Back