Planning for first time 2100Wh build.(Noob)

hi Jadarit,

great to see another member join the converted hubmotor club! I have some parts that you may need for your built. I produced a lot of these parts (didn't cost much more than produce a single one) and can give away a few of them.

-Sprocket adapeter for the BPM
-rotor carrier
-mount for 68-73mm bottom brackets
- spacers for 83mm Hollowtech2 axle on 68-73mm BB

just PM me if you are interested. Anyway, I will follow your built and mention it in the conversion thread http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45245

Always keep in mind:
->that reduction ratio changes from 5:1 to 6:1 after conversion ( since the planetary carrier rotates)
->At more than 2000W, the clutch may slip. Be sure to buy a programmable controller like the EB312 to be able to control phase current.

ATB for your built, keep us up!

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,848
Willow said:
...don't re-invent the wheel (or motor). No need to modify the motor to have the axle spin - simply not required. A hub motor is fixed by the axle, and should be used as such. The drive sprocket you screw onto the thread of the motor housing should be a free-wheeling type, and will work as you want without modification to the motor.

You can improve continuous output power by more than 200% with a conversion due better heat rejection.

Willow said:
surely, if you want a motor with a spinning axle, you would buy a motor with a spinning axle???

Just show me a motor that can do the same as a converted BPM or MAC´?? There IS just nothing like that. The only thing that comes close to this is the GNG V1, which has a lot of issues that both BPM and MAC haven't. And both are more powerful than a GNG V1 i believe (and from simulations)
BTW the GNG V2 acutally is a converted hubmotor. this shows you that there is a lot of sense in converting a hubmotor, not just educational.

Hi crossbreak.

My plan on the axle is reusing the planataire gear bit axle and make a new stator axle. The planataire axle will go in a bearing that sits in the stator axle. By doing this there wil be only one exiting axle and the otherone wil be stationnaire. The bearing that I'll be using is from a skateboard and are tough enough to withstand the speed. And load created? In my thoughts tho :lol:. Otherwise I'll go your route.
I'll be making a 3d model of the axle sometime this week and let you see what I want to accomplish in that area.

About the reduction. Does that mean I can overvolt the motor to get the correct endspeed? Or what speed are you going with your setup?

I'm still thinking where I want to put the alfine hub. Maybe with the workhorse in the wheel and later next to the motor but this is for a later discision.

Sorry there are no converted Hubs for sale atm... maybe later this year. If I do this, then it will be that MAC, since Bafang has stopped production of the code 8 and 9. So the best modells are gone, the BPM very attractive any more.

Does that mean I can overvolt the motor to get the correct endspeed?
As you can read in the original thread, this is the way to go. I do 2000- 2200 rpm average which is great. No load loss raises though (around 90Watt).

Very cool that you think yourself! If I get it right, the way you plan it equal to what a guy from the pedelecforum did. Have look here:
http://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/in...n-neugewickelt-umbau-auf-wellenantrieb.22872/

My first attempt was like that as well (see first post of the original thread). But i abandoned that, since it is always best to conduct bearing forces directly to the housing. The greater bearing distance leads to a stiffer support of the shaft. The shaft is actually not as strong as the torque the motor can produce. The motor can destroy it when run with a lot of phase current. It can both bent and twist. Still i am fine with what the axle can take, it still is a lot.. like always a question of what you want/ how much effort you put into this

why does the motor have two chainrings? for different gearing by reversing the motor? dont understand german....

file.php

Hi guys,

Well the last 2 months the project hadn't have any progress but earlier I made this bit. It is not finished yet but that will change in the next week in a fully functional motor.
Speed 35kmh at 36V with 26" rim.
I calculated the motor speed with this formula= ((Speed(km/h)/[m/s])/(size-wheel*pi*inch))*gearratio*sec= ((35/3.6)/(30*3.14*.0254))*5*60= 1218,4 rpm at 36v
So 66.6V = 1218,4*(66.6/36)=1218,4*1.85= 2254.04 rpm

Is this correct?

And this is the site with the easiest acces to controllers for me. Wich one to choose?

http://www.fietsunie.nl/webshop/regelaars--controllers/detail/125/fietsunie-regelaar-controller-250-watt---15000-watt.html

Still have to make the thread on it and the hole to attach it to the stator. The stator self will also been fixed to the housing to improve the stability of the outputaxle

The inside of stationaire axle where the skateboard bearing will be seatted.

The Stig said:
why does the motor have two chainrings? for different gearing by reversing the motor? dont understand german....
file.php

the original thread is in English. It's called "dual freewheel jackshaft config" and is explained in the middrive section of the ES wiki:
http://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php?title=EBike_Motors_Middrive#Jackshaft_Dual_Freewheel_Config

great to see your progress Jadarit. I run 74V in Star instead of 44.4V in WYE. Controller likes this more, the whole system is more efficient+cooler that way, good that you plan to stay wye.
Your loaded speed will be around 70% no load for 3000W input @ 74V. It will be slightly higher at 2000W. I use code 11. What exact wind do you use? 35km/h @ 36V tells you not much :? Can't help you without knowing the how many turns your motor has. I have a spreadsheet for this i can upload if you tell me your wind/code.

Hi crossbreak,

On the hubmotorhousing itself is written that it is 48v500 watt (12). So the twelve the amount of turns? Otherwise how do I figure out how many turns the motor have?

Thank you crossbreak.

I'll order soon a freewheel sprocket from you. I think I''ll go and use 20s batterypack. So more similiar to you!:)
Where did you get your controller from if I may ask and how much was it. I don't like to gett it from overseas because with techsupport and warrenty. So do you know a good adress?

Next month and next week I'm going to sort out the electric motor and mounting of the motor. And also the gearshifting of the alfine hub.

Best regards,

James Kapteijn

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted alot on the forum but have been busy, in the mean time I have orderd the brackets from crossbreak with a controller. mounted a ZEE crankset and been busy with the motor to put it together. Only I hit a snagg, when I dismantled the motor I(bafang BPM2) I forgot to document the positions of the spacers or brassrings like in the picture below.

pic 1

When I assemble the motor. The output shaft wil not turn. I use my own statorholder like pictured above.
The freewheel of the planatairewheels assembly is turning except the rotor is jammed.

more pictures,

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

Does somebody know where the brass spacers have to go?

ATB

Jadarit

Hi everyone,

After six years not a lot has changed except me having my own little shed where I can continue my project.

I think I have blown up my speed controller. It doesn't respond on throttle at all anymore after I changed the gear my Alfine hub gear is in. Dies that sound familiar?

Tnx in advance,

James

Hi everyone,

After (I thought) I blown up my speedcontroller and bought this one. https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07F1TJPF7/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

On a bafang BPM 2.

The problem is I cant make it work. I have tried different combinations of the phase wires. Does anyone know what I have to do with the rest of the cables.

Also the fase wires are getting superhot (smoke) but the motor doenst turn.

Any advise or tips are greatly appreciated.

Kinds regards,

James Kapteijn

Hi everyone,
I took the motor apart and I think I have found the problem. The Phase wires made a shortcircuit inside the motor and in one of the coils there seems to be a shortcircuit too.
https://www.amazon.de/clouddrive/share/g27QGA90iz7PWNbbZftoXOUOhyZPuPW7YXTVkcRRHcz

Is my stator dead? Or does it need a rewiring? And can I do that myself?

Thank you in advance,

Cheer,

James

Back