PLEASE donate Edward LYEN - Read me first

wojtek said:
Spacey said:
I've got a dodgy cell in one of my 8 cell 5.8 ah Turnigy 25 to 35c packs, this cell charges much faster than the others and discharges much quicker as well. I'm terrified of it catching fire so have the cell log 8's hooked up to it permanantly when I ride.

Sorry about the fire, no way I would risk lipo in a backpack, chemical burns to your body would not be nice.

yep it seems like one of the cells lost some of its capacity. i think it is normal if it only has half of the capacity of others.. I have similar situation in one of my packs.

Actually, I've just taken the Lipo off my bike to get rid of the dodgy cell and it just looks too pretty to stick batteries on it. Think I'm going to be a hypocrite and stick my 11.6Ah 16 Cell Turnigy pack in my backpack..... will line the body part of it with fire retardant stuff that the ping/headway packs come with. :lol:

Would save me an awful lot of work with waterproofing etc and cabling...just not sure how to attached the main feed to back pack.

I use deans ultawire and andersons to run from backpack to controller. Found that other cables will twist themselves free. Deans is flexible enough that doesn't happen.

I'm one of those, when one of my SLA bounced off of an early test of CB2 with three 17Ah. ;) The SB50 disconnected fine, though, instead of ripping my wire harness apart. :lol:

Sorry to be the bad guy here, but I've got 2 electric bikes stolen and lost like 3000usd in the process and didn't ask for any support. And when it happened I was jobless.

Furthermore, he has a job and is electrical engineer. It's not like he needs money urgently???

I don't understand why we should pay for his mistakes??

cwah said:
Sorry to be the bad guy here, but I've got 2 electric bikes stolen and lost like 3000usd in the process and didn't ask for any support. And when it happened I was jobless.

Furthermore, he has a job and is electrical engineer. It's not like he needs money urgently???

I don't understand why we should pay for his mistakes??

damm right.

peoples houses get burned down and they dont ask for donations either...

id be a hell of alot more comfortable donating for bike theft over lyen blowing up his battery in front of a crowd of people...

poor baby

John Bozi said:
Is he a bulk charger?
Is there explanation or pictures of his battery set up prior to the fire?
How was he monitoring his cells? or not?
Good job on the necro post!

It was 3 years ago!

rp3 said:
John Bozi said:
Is he a bulk charger?
Is there explanation or pictures of his battery set up prior to the fire?
How was he monitoring his cells? or not?
Good job on the necro post!

It was 3 years ago!

ah dam, I started a thread because I was looking for catastrophic events only due to over discharging while riding. I was given a link from that thread to here and didn't check the use by date.

Maybe like when in the for sale area there should be a change to the title so people know it's been sold or to stop donating?

like the necro reference

Back