Please recommend proper grease for this

999zip999 said:
Just one. Plug in neg then pre charge resistor then main pos.

I just got 1 set of QS10...They are nice and beefy for sure. Quite huge.
The have a small 5.6Ohm resistor inside but I plan on wiring the extra external resistor on the Pos. Battery/Controller lead.

You mentioned though to connect the negative first. However its hard to do since both Pos. and Neg. are on the same connector. As well, if you look at the photo...the Pos. prong sticks out slightly farther than the Neg.

Wouldnt that mean that the Pos. would be getting connected first?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-215159_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-215159_Gallery.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 809
  • Screenshot_20220810-215112_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-215112_Gallery.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 809
That why I use a 5mm or 6mm bullet on neg end and the same on pos end with a extra pig tail coming from underneath both pos side with 4mm on each end with the pre-resistor. The combo of both neg and pos in one connector make impossible and you will burn out the baby resistor in that resistor.
Xt90s no good qs10 no good for your battery......
This is because you can't easily plug in neg then after pos s
Do want to fix your problem or ?

999zip999 said:
That why I use a 5mm or 6mm bullet on neg end and the same on pos end with a extra pig tail coming from underneath both pos side with 4mm on each end with the pre-resistor. The combo of both neg and pos in one connector make impossible and you will burn out the baby resistor in that resistor.
Xt90s no good qs10 no good for your battery......
This is because you can't easily plug in neg then after pos s
Do want to fix your problem or ?

I see what you mean..but wouldnt it still workeven if the baby resistor burns out? Because the main external resistor will still be functional

Yes and will give a healthy spark but under the cover of the connector. Just plug in half way plug it in till display lights up then plug in fully. And let us know how long this connector last. Please. Good luck
As my 20s pack with xt90s just sparks now. I think I should install the pre-resistor on this pack. As I have two other 72v packs. Setup with pre-resistor.

999zip999 said:
Yes and will give a healthy spark but under the cover of the connector. Just plug in half way plug it in till display lights up then plug in fully. And let us know how long this connector last. Please. Good luck
As my 20s pack with xt90s just sparks now. I think I should install the pre-resistor on this pack. As I have two other 72v packs. Setup with pre-resistor.

Id like to use the connector type you mentioned but im using 6awg so its hard to find bullets that allow me to solder to with
The qs10 can come with presolder 10cm of 6awg from the factory if needed.
Also the pins are enormous compared to a xt90. Will let you know how long it lasts. The xt90s are small but I think good for smaller power setups

999zip999 said:
Wow that's 6 ga wire came pre solder ? They most be big
They have 10mm gold plated bullets on ebay

Yes the connectors are huge..10mm is too small for my main leads.
Hoping the larger prongs on the male connector can take a lot of abuse even if there is sparking

The sparkling is hard the controllers caps as they fill up and could blow the top off.
16601804383776644572317470334476.jpg plug them in bottom to top. I'm using 5.5MM Mains my 72v is lower amps also.

999zip999 said:
The sparkling is hard the controllers caps as they fill up and could blow the top off.
16601804383776644572317470334476.jpg plug them in bottom to top. I'm using 5.5MM Mains my 72v is lower amps also.

What do you mean from bottom to top?

The three main wires black neg first next small red with pre resistor then main red pos.
I was just putting together a controller and took a pic. For you.

999zip999 said:
The three main wires black neg first next small red with pre resistor then main red pos.
I was just putting together a controller and took a pic. For you.

Thanks for the pic.
Sadly i wont be able to individually put in the main neg. separately because of my connector type. I will just connect slowly then fully connect.

DogDipstick said:
No.

QS8 and QS10 are recommended for these installs all the time.. but.. they dont cut it. It is silly, I have burned out or eroded all the contacts with those premade 5.6 ohm resistances inside them.

A QS8, 10, or XT90-s are ALL 5.6 ohms precharge resistor of like 2w rating .. made to precharge rc hobby batteries on the esc... at 22v nomninal. Low voltage. Only.

You have 5 TIMES !! that.. .... " 22v". you need a MUCH slower precharge than a 5.6 ohm 2w would provide. RC has small caps and tiny esc made for 22.2v .. Lol... You have 117v... a big controller... with some very big ( capacitance) capacitors... Especially with 200v caps ( that your 117v controller almost certainty has, ie big spark) .

Do the math. You can see how much faster a 6 ohm is compared to say.. A 100 ohm 10w resistor. Or use a 1000 Ohm 10 watt resistor. If you dont know the math i will lay it out for you . You want a circuit to keep the high current form hitting the controller and blowing up caps or sparking contacts.

1KOhm, 10watt.

A QS8 or QS10 is a band aid and does not protect the controller well and is not good for a long life in a system.

Use Precharge relays.

Please do the math.
I plan to do 86v full charge with the flipsky 75100 and had planned to use the dinky 5.6 or 5ohm resistance things available. What the heck why do they use such weak resistors? Outdated? Especially the QS10 is funny now.

DogDipstick said:
at least you got a cool black plug with a red line on it like all the cool kids) ..

I took ur strong words to heart and got the manufacturer to make a custom batch with 15ohm resistance! So still looking cool but nicer on esc and the plug shouldn’t burn up

I had to get 20 sets. Write me and send u 4 for 40$ with shipping.

I read above about how should connect the negative side first. What’s that about?

Hummina Shadeeba said:

I had to get 20 sets. Write me and send u 4 for 40$ with shipping.

I'LL TAKE EM! Will have to be a couple weeks, am really busy at the time being. I will PM you soon.

Humming
We are talking about 4 different set ups.
1. 50amp Anderson's
2. Two main battery wires with a pig tail pre charge resistor 10ohm 10w
3. Those big black plug with 5ohm resistor.
4. Your hot rodded one.
The one I'm talking about is one you plug in
Neg first
Then pig tail pre resistor
Then main post wire.
This is to pre charge the controller caps.

Back