• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Power controller 24/36V

bikegeek

10 W
Hi,

I have a controller that works on 24V and 36V. I have a bike with 24V battery but when I connect it to the controller I don't have enough power. On a 36V battery works perfect.

How can I make the controller to work with the 24V battery? It has the learning wire but I don't know how to use it.

Thanks for your hepl!

It won't need to use the learning wire to switch to 24v. But if you ever need to use one, plug in the battery, lift wheel off ground, then connect the two learning wires. The motor should start spinning. test with throttle, then disconnect the learning wire.

If your performance is poor because you run 24v, most likely it's just because the power of 24v is 33% less. It might be too weak then for your weight, or the wheel size, etc.

Right, the motor probably just isn't going to give the desired power at 24V. Another factor might be the current limit on the controller. You might get more at 24v if the current limit was higher. For sure the top speed will be slower at 24v. Not much you can do about this without a different motor.

With me on the bike and full throttle the bike is not moving. That low the power is. The wheel is 20" and the battery voltage is about 26V.

I can make some changes or I have to buy other controller?

The motor runs if you lift the wheel off the ground? Just want to be sure the controller isn't cutting off for low voltage.

Yes, is running ok. Not as fast as with a 36V battery but it spins. With weight on the bike it has no power to move forward, with no weight on the bike it moves forward.

What I'm missing is the torque.

I have run 36v controllers on 24v, because I had a couple 24v batteries for a while. I also did not have enough power with 24v to get started. I could only apply a very low assist, on flat ground only, once moving.

I think your controller is just so weak, you don't have the wattage to go when you run 24v.

the solution is obvious, you just need a 36v battery for that set up.

Back