• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Power needed

Poider

1 mW
Helllo, I have purchased a bike with a 48v 21AH Battery that provides 1008wh.
my wife and I have one each and I am wondering what the numbers mean in the way of charging etc.
For example If the battery is full it reads 54.4V and when empty reads 42V....... Does this mean that I only ever need to use 12.4V to charge form empty to full?

So if I get a 200AH lithium battery pack with an inverter to take camping and I fully charged the Lithium Battery does that mean I would effectively get 9.5 charges out of that battery (200Ah /21AH = 9.5) or am I getting it all wrong?
Thank you

Poider said:
Helllo, I have purchased a bike with a 48v 21AH Battery that provides 1008wh.
my wife and I have one each and I am wondering what the numbers mean in the way of charging etc.
For example If the battery is full it reads 54.4V and when empty reads 42V....... Does this mean that I only ever need to use 12.4V to charge form empty to full?
Not sure what you are asking, but to charge your battery to full charge, you would need a charger that outputs 54.6V to bring the battery from 42V to full (4.2Vx13).

Poider said:
So if I get a 200AH lithium battery pack with an inverter to take camping and I fully charged the Lithium Battery does that mean I would effectively get 9.5 charges out of that battery (200Ah /21AH = 9.5) or am I getting it all wrong?
Thank you

Essentially yes, assuming no inverter or charger losses. If you find an inverter that can handle a 60V DC input, please post a link.

fechter said:
E-HP said:
Essentially yes, assuming no inverter or charger losses. If you find an inverter that can handle a 60V DC input, please post a link.

I have one similar to this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223617288135?hash=item3410a107c7:g:5zMAAOSwEhNdTOJ9

A 48v nominal inverter will handle 60v input. I run mine off a 16s LiFePO4 pack.
Thanks! I think I did a search and saw that before, but didn't go further to read the specs once I saw the 48V input. Just what I need for backup power for power outages (when I'm too lazy to fire up my generator). :bigthumb:

Back