• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Program 3 way power switch and Throttle?

rogerc

1 W
Have a Cellman mac 10 kit with a Cycle Analyst 3 and infenion controller.
Is it possible to program the 3 way switch with the CA 3 to different settings say 750, 1250 and 1750? If so how do I accomplish this?
Also is there a way to program the abruptness out of the throttle upon start up? I am use to it but am afraid that a friend riding it that is not use to the quick and powerful throttle could hurt themselves. Any program solutions in the CA 3? If so what settings?
Thanks
Roger

Re abruptness of throttle... Check zombiess 'throttle tamer'.
Has worked well for me, and many others seem happy with it.
Interesting effect.
If you crack the throttle fast, you get big power fast.
If you crack a bit slower, you get slower ramp.
Doesn't sound like much, but it does seem to work well in practice.

rogerc said:
Is it possible to program the 3 way switch with the CA 3 to different settings say 750, 1250 and 1750? If so how do I accomplish this?
Also is there a way to program the abruptness out of the throttle upon start up? I am use to it but am afraid that a friend riding it that is not use to the quick and powerful throttle could hurt themselves. Any program solutions in the CA 3? If so what settings?
Please download the V3 Unofficial Guide. Should answer all your questions.

Throttle ramping will protect your gears and soften the getaways. You can set the three-way switch to either control more or less arbitrary power levels or to switch between three presets instead of using the preset 'hot swap' console button pushes. You might program a different preset (collection of CA configuration parameters) to limit power for 'Tryout' riders.

BTW - While you are downloading the Guide, I recommend that you also grab a download of the the most recent Setup Parameter Summary file. This is a form that initially shows the default values that are installed with the factory firmware. Use this form to record all the settings in your CA that differ from the defaults. This will take just a few minutes.

Paul has provided many customized values to make the unit plug and play. These custom settings are not available elsewhere. Save the form for future use if you need to restore the V3 to EM3EV-fresh condition.

Once this is done you can fiddle about with the configuration with confidendence that you can always undo your mischief - some settings interact in unexpected ways so being able to back out is very handy. Use a second form to record your final customized settings and you will be all set in case of V3 damage/replacement in the future. :D

Back