Putting the chain line right important for a bafang diy?

Cyclomania

10 kW
So as a few people have seen I am currently on a crusade to understand what I need to do to finish a bafang bike. Several of them actually. Since I got a hold of a few ruined motors.

Now, I have changed nylon gears, pas sensors and all kinds of hassle. I also have used a modification kit to make the kit fit my fatbike and upgraded the controller. One of them still has a weak controller which I plan to upgrade to a 30a KT-controller in time.

I am now going to put on some linkglide cassettes, chain, real derailleurs and stuff.

So I wonder how important the chain line is for these kits? Since it is a nine speed cassette maybe I dont have to measure so closely? Just get the right chain length and then install the gear line and shifters? Or is the chain line very important to get precisely right for these kits?

Yeah, it’s important. But I doubt you’ll be able to get it close to “precisely right”, so the simplest solution is to buy a cassette with two larger cogs than you need e.g. if you need 11-34, buy an 11-46.

Back